2.5” drives are significantly smaller than standard 3.5” ones, making them great candidates for upgrading the storage of your laptop or games console, especially as they're available in capacities up to 3TB. Remember to check the height of the drives, as most portable or console systems only have bays which support 9.5mm drives or less. Also pay attention to the spin speed in rpm; while all drive here use the latest SATA III 6Gbps interface, faster spinning drives will read and write data faster.
- 1TB HGST 0J22423 Travelstar 7K1000 2.5" SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 32MB Cache 13ms OEM£56.75£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 500GB HGST Travelstar 0J38065 Z5K500 Mobile HDD, 7mm Low Profile, 2.5", SATA 6GBs, 5400rpm, 5.5ms Latency£40.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1TB HGST 0J22413 Travelstar 5K1000 2.5" SATA 6GB/s 5400RPM 8MB Cache£49.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1TB Seagate ST1000LM035, 2.5" HDD, SATA 3 6Gb/s, 128MB Cache, 5400RPM, 7mm Slim£52.68£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
SATA III 6Gb/s SSDs may no longer be the fastest around thanks to emerging PCIe SSDs, but they're the most cost-effective and are still easily fast enough for most users. You'll need a spare SATA 6Gb/s port to get the most from them, and a 2.5” capable drive bay – an adaptor may need to be bought, but most cases have at least one. These drives are the highest capacity ones available, suitable for holding an operating system, as well as numerous programs and a healthy collection of media and games.
- 120GB Patriot BLAST, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, Phison S10, 256MB Cache, Read 560MB/s, Write 425MB/s, 100k/14k IOPS£41.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYLow stock
- 120GB SanDisk Z410, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, SLC/TLC, Read 540MB/s, Write 405MB/s, 35k/55k IOPS£43.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 128GB SanDisk Z400s, 2.5" Business SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, SM2246XT, 15nm MLC, Read 546MB/s, Write 182MB/s, 43.3k IOPS£45.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 120GB Kingston ssd Now V300, 2.5" Slim 7mm SSD SATA 6GB/s , MLC-Flash, Read 450MB/s, Write 450MB/s, 85000 IOPS OEM£48.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 120GB Samsung 750 EVO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, Samsung MGX, 256MB Cache, Read 540MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 94K/88K IOPS£55.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 240GB SanDisk Z410 Business Class SSD, 2.5", SATA III - 6Gb/s, Read 535MB/s, Write 440MB/s, 66k IOPS, Retail£59.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 500GB Samsung 750 EVO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, Read 540MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 98k/88k IOPS, RetailWas: £137.48£133.49
These 3.5” hard drives utilise the newer SATA III 6Gb/s interface, ensuring as high speeds as possible with their mechanical technology, especially when using them in RAID. They're the most popular drives for today's desktop PCs, thanks to high spindle speeds, lots of cache and huge capacities. You can now get up to 10TB in a single drive, meaning even small form factor machines can store masses of media and games.
- 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 7200.14, SATA III 6GB/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache, 8ms, OEM, NCQ£65.88£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001 Barracuda, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache, 8.5ms, NCQ, OEM£88.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 4TB Seagate ST4000DM000 Desktop HDD.15, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 5900rpm, 64MB Cache, 8ms, NCQ, OEM£119.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 4TB HGST 0F22146 MegaScale DC 4000.B Enterprise/NAS, SATA III 6GB/s, 64MB Cache, CoolSpin/5700rpm NCQ£129.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 500GB Toshiba DT01ACA050, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 32MB Cache£38.70£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1TB Toshiba DT01ACA100 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 32MB Cache 8ms OEM£39.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1TB Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 7200.14, SATA 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache, 8ms, NCQ, OEM£43.74£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX SATA III 6GB/s 7200rpm 64MB Cache 8ms OEM HDD£45.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2TB Toshiba P300, 7200RPM, 3.5”, SATA III - 6.0 Gb/s, 64MB Cache, 4.17ms, OEM£59.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2TB Toshiba DT01ACA200, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache 8ms NCQ OEM£61.55£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2TB Western Digital WD20EZRZ WD Blue, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 5400 RPM, 64MB Cache£68.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1TB WD Black WD1003FZEX, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache£72.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache 8ms OEM NCQ£77.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2TB WD2003FZEX Black, Performance 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache£122.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Hybrid hard drives combine a traditional, high capacity mechanical HDD section with a smaller, flash-based SSD section that acts as a cache, giving your system a boost in responsiveness. They won't be as fast as a pure SSD, but they're a great compromise between speed and capacity.
- 2TB Seagate Desktop SSHD, 3.5", 7200 RPM, 64Mb Cache, <8ms, NCQ, OEM£94.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
This the Next Generation Form Factor (NGFF) or M.2 as its now called M.2 replaced the older mSATA standard, The M.2 SSD Connects to your device via a M.2 Socket via either PCI Express using AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) which was the standard for older legacy operating systems, And the newer PCI Express using NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) controller variant designed to fully utilize the capability of high-speed PCI Express storage devices to perform many I/O (in/out) operations in parallel. Updated
- 256GB Intel 600p Series, M.2 (22x80) PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe SSD, 3D TLC NAND, Read 1570MB/s, Write 540MB/s, 112k IOPS£84.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 256GB ScanFX SM961 Polaris M.2 NVMe, MLC V-NAND, SSD PCIe 3.0 x4 Read 3100 MB/sec Write 1400 MB/sec 330k IOPS OEM£105.35£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 512GB Intel 600p Series, M.2 (22x80) PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe SSD, 3D TLC NAND, Read 1775MB/s, Write 560MB/s, 128.5k/128k IOPS£169.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 512GB ScanFX Polaris SM961 NVMe MLC V-NAND M.2 SSD, PCIe 3.0 x4, Read 3200 MB/s, Write 1700 MB/s, 330k IOPS OEMWas: £215.48£210.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
While the M.2 connector can be used for PCIe SSDs, the ones here are SATA 6Gb/s only, so the benefits over standard 2.5” SATA drives are to do with space-saving, not speed. They're perfect for small form factor systems and laptops, but make sure your M.2 slot works with SATA devices, and that it supports the SSD's size, both in length (2280 means 80mm long) and thickness.
- 512GB SanDisk X400, M.2 (22x80) SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, 1.5mm, Read 540MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 93.5k/75k IOPS, Retail£138.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 120GB Kingston SSDNow G2 Drive, M.2 SATA, Read 550MB/s, Write 200MB/s, 90k/48k IOPS£52.60£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY