A microphone transforms sound waves into electrical energy, which can then be connected up to a mixing console, interface or recorder or a standalone preamp, which boosts the low voltage microphone signal to line level. All microphones have a certain “Polar Pattern” which shows in what direction the microphone picks up in, these could be cardioid (directional), supercardiod (very directional) or Omnidirectional (non-directional).
There are differing types of microphone which are most suitable for specific applications, such as directional “shotgun” microphones for location recording or large diaphragm condenser microphones for close miked studio vocals. USB microphones integrate the interface into the microphone itself.
Microphone stands come in different shapes and sizes, some for vocalists, some for instrument mics...
- On-Stage Short Height Drum / Amp Stand With Folding Tripod Base, 19" Boom, Folding Legs£22.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- On-Stage Quik-Release Round Base Microphone Stand, Spring Loaded Squeeze Trigger, Solid Threaded Upper Shaft£24.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- On-Stage Upper Rocker-Lug Mic Stand w/Tripod Base, Tilting Upper Mic Shaft, Over Sized Knurled Locking Washer£26.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- On-Stage Platinum Series Euro Microphone Boom Stand, 30" Euro Boom, Oversized Shock Mount Locking Washer£45.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- On-Stage Platinum Series Heavy-Duty Telescopic Boom Microphone Stand£49.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Condenser (or Capacitor) microphones are fantastic for detailed recording work. When using them for vocal recording, think about if you need a pop filter (to stop plosives) or a reflection shield to minimise room noise on recordings and produce a clearer result. All condenser microphones need a power supply from somewhere, either battery or 48V Phantom Power from a desk or interface.
- Rode NT-49 Variable Polar Patern MicrophoneCall for price
- Rode NT-RV Valve Ribbon MicrophoneCall for price
- Rode TFM-50 Spherical Omnidirectional Valve MicrophoneCall for price
We have a full range of wireless microphones alongside sets that include belt packs, lapel microphones, guitar cables and headsets. It's possible to pick exactly the hardware you need, no matter what you need to record.
- Chord Dual UHF Wireless Beltpack System, Neckband Mics, Dual Channel Receiver, 60m Range, 30Hz-20KHz, Rackmount Kit Inc.£94.00£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYIn stock