An interface card allows you to get sound into your PC giving you the ability to record or mix music. Interfaces are different from controllers, because with a controller you control the software, with an interface you control the sound. Common interface cards connect via PCI, USB or Firewire.
At the heart of the Digital Audio world lies arguably the most important part of the system, the Analogue to Digital and Digital to Analogue convertors. Simply put, these convertors take an Analogue signal ( such as a voice through a microphone ) and convert it into a series of numbers, able to be sent great distances or stored over a long time, and then convert them back from digital into Analogue, but without them, we couldn't even begin to make music with our computers.
- CYP AU-D2 Bi-Directional Digital Co-ax to Optical Converter - Re-Clocking Function, RCA, Toslink£29.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Hybrid audio interfaces offer up more than one connection option, normally a combination of USB along with either Firewire or Thunderbolt. This gives you the widest selection of options for connecting up your interface between systems.
- MOTU 1248 AVB USB & Thunderbolt I/O, 192 kHz. 24 Bit, 4 Mic Preamps (B-Stock)£1,200.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MOTU 112D Hybrid Thunderbolt USB Audio Interface - 112 Channel Digital IO, AVB Network, MADI, AES, EBU, USB, DSP Effects£1,475.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Thunderbolt interfaces use an extremely fast connection to not only offer very low latency audio, but many also offer dedicated DSP processing, which wont put any load on your CPU.
- Apogee Element Control Remote (Mac only) - Hardware Remote For Apogee 24/46/88, 8 Buttons, 1 Control Knob£189.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Apogee Element 24 - 10 In/12 Out Thunderbolt Audio Interface, Balanced XLR, ADAT, SMUX, SPDIF, Word Clock (Mac only)£510.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Apogee Element 46 - 12 In/14 Out Thunderbolt Audio Interface, Balanced XLR, ADAT, SMUX, SPDIF, Word Clock (Mac only)£796.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Apogee Element 88 - 16 In/16 Out Thunderbolt Audio Interface, Balanced XLR, ADAT, SMUX, SPDIF, Word Clock (Mac only)£1,299.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
USB & Firewire audio interfaces offer high quality inputs and outputs for recording and playing back your audio. With the added advantage of being easy to transport and move between systems, they are a popular solution for performers wishing to have a single high quality interface they can move between the studio and stage with ease.
- Big Knob Studio Monitor Controller and 2 x 2 USB Audio Interface, Analogue Volume ~Control, Onyx Mic Preamps£200.76FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Big Knob Studio + Studio Monitor Controller and 2 x 4 USB Audio Interface, Analogue Volume Control, Onyx Mic Preamps£301.61FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- RME Digiface USB - Bus-Powered ADAT to USB, 66 Channels, 32 In/34 Out, 4x4 ADAT I/O, Phones TRS, Totalmix£342.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- MOTU 8A Thunderbolt / USB3 Audio Interface, 8x8 Analogue I/O, AVB Networking, ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC, 8 Channel ADAT£798.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET