Headphones allow a single user to listen to an audio source privately. They generally come in 2 forms, circumaural and supra-aural. Circumaural headphones completely encumber the ear and black out background noise. Supra-aural headphones sheath the surface of the outer ear but don’t completely seal them in so are more prone to background noise leakage.
Headphones can be further differentiated by their type of ear cups - Closed back headphones mean the outer part of the cups have a hard enclosure which reduces the amount of sound leakage. Open back headphones allow your ears to breath as the outer part of the cups are left open giving you a more natural sound. Semi-open headphones are considered a compromise between open-back and closed-back.
Closed back headphones are more coloured than open back designs, but also isolate the listener and restrict sound leakage. This makes them ideal for tracking, recording or even just for listening whilst outside of the studio.
- V-Moda XS On-Ear Supra-Aural Headphones with Carry Case, 28.5 Ohm, 5Hz - 30kHz - Matte Black Metal£149.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- V-Moda XS On-Ear Supra-Aural Headphones with Carry Case, 28.5 Ohm, 5Hz - 30kHz - White Silver£149.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- V-MODA White Silver Crossfade M-100 Over-Ear Headphones - 50mm Dual Diaphragm, Memory Foam Cushions, Cliqfold Hinge£209.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Rouge Over-Ear Headphone - Bluetooth, 5 - 30,000Hz, SpeakEasy Mic Cable, Exoskeleton Case£250.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Our DJ headphone selection are the headphones designed with live performance in mind. Normally this will mean that they have a closed back design for maximum isolation, as well as flexible joints which make it easy to wear in the "one cup on, one cup off" style, required when mixing and performing.
- Roland M-100 AIRA Headphones, Over-Ear, 50mm Dual Diaphragm Driver, 32 Ohms, 5Hz-30kHz, Dual Shareplay Audio Cable£229.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Open back headphones are renowned for their accuracy and wide stereo field when compared to closed back models. This makes them ideal for critical listening and mixdown work in the studio. Their open back design however make them less suitable for tracking, recording and location work.
- V-MODA Faders Earplugs - Electro Pink, Reduces Sound by 12dB Across the Spectrum, 4 Different Sized Bliss Tips
- V-MODA Faders Earplugs - Gunmetal Black, Reduces Sound by 12dB Across the Spectrum, 4 Different Sized Bliss Tips
- V-MODA Faders Earplugs - Rouge Red, Reduces Sound by 12dB Across the Spectrum, 4 Different Sized Bliss Tips
- V-MODA Grey Remote With Microphone, 3-Button, Optimized For Apple, Media And Call Control£20.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- V-MODA Orange Remote With Microphone, 3-Button, Optimized For Apple, Media And Call Control£20.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY