Headphones allow a single user to listen to an audio source privately. They generally come in 2 forms, circumaural and supra-aural. Circumaural headphones completely encumber the ear and black out background noise. Supra-aural headphones sheath the surface of the outer ear but don’t completely seal them in so are more prone to background noise leakage.
Headphones can be further differentiated by their type of ear cups - Closed back headphones mean the outer part of the cups have a hard enclosure which reduces the amount of sound leakage. Open back headphones allow your ears to breath as the outer part of the cups are left open giving you a more natural sound. Semi-open headphones are considered a compromise between open-back and closed-back.
Closed back headphones are more coloured than open back designs, but also isolate the listener and restrict sound leakage. This makes them ideal for tracking, recording or even just for listening whilst outside of the studio.
- V-MODA Black Crossfade M-100 Over-Ear Headphones - 50mm Dual Diaphragm, Memory Foam Cushions, Cliqfold Hinge£171.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- V-MODA Shadow Crossfade M-100 Over-Ear Headphones - 50mm Dual Diaphragm, Memory Foam Cushions, Cliqfold Hinge£171.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Gun Metal Over-Ear Headphone - Bluetooth, 5 - 30,000Hz, SpeakEasy Mic Cable, Exoskeleton Case£189.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Chrome Over-Ear Headphone - Bluetooth, 5 - 30,000Hz, SpeakEasy Mic Cable, Exoskeleton Case£189.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Headsets usually comprise of lightweight headphones and a microphone.
- Sennheiser HMD 26-II-600-X3K1 Headset, 600 Ohms Impedance, Dynamic Microphone, Hyper-Cardioid, Includes XLR Cable£420.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKETPre order