Guitar Pedals & Effects
There’s a plenitude of ways you can change the tone of your guitar and a mountain of pedals and effect units to help you do it. We carry a wide variety of effects pedals ranging from overdrives, distortion, fuzz pedals to reverbs, delays, compressors etc.
Effects more common to the world of acoustic guitar playing. Although there are no hard and fast rules, distortion is not a common effect with acoustic guitar. The parametric E.Q. is a fantastic addition to your acoustic set up allowing you endless sculpting of your tone or removing feedback at a gig. Reverb and modulation lend themselves well to acoustic guitar and the more modern mult ieffect units allow you to model different classic acoustic guitars from the rich in low end and full sounding dreadnought to the even tone of a smaller body and everything in between.
A chorus pedal is a modulation effect. The original signal is split and run through a short delay and then combined with the original signal. The delayed part of the signal can then be modulated to create movement to create a thicker tone. A classic effect used on elctric, acoustic and bass guitars.
- Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble Effects Stompbox, Subtle To Extreme Chorusing, High and Low-Cut Filters
- Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus Compact Effect Stompbox, Applies Chorus To High Frequencies Without Altering Bottom End
- Boss CE-2W CHORUS Waza Craft Special Edition Effects Stompbox, All-Analogue Circuitrym Bucket Brigade Dealy Line£189.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
In its simplist explanation a compressor makes the quiet parts of the signal louder and the louder parts quieter delivering a more consistant loudness. Can have the most subtle of effect through to the very obvious "snap". A compressor can also increase sustain and provide extra gain to push the front of your amp.
- Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer Stompbox, Low-noise Design, High-quality Circuitry
- Boss CP-1X Compressor Effects Stompbox, Next-Generation Natural Sounding Multiband Compressor, Boss MDP Technology
- Boss BC-1X Bass Comp Stompbox - Natural Sounding Multiband Compression£169.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Control pedals and footswitches allow another method of controlling your instruments in realtime, allowing a more expressive performance.
- Boss FS-7 Compact Dual Footswitch, Latch / Momentary Switching Function, Battery-Free Operation£50.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss FS-6 Dual Footswitch, Assignable Latch Or Momentary, Stereo Input,£55.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher Pedal, 112 Built-In Effects, Backlit LCD and Controls, Tuner, MIDI Output, USB Link£439.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
From mild soft clipping overdrives, to germanium based fuzz circuits, to all out hard clipping high gain, these pedals give you the drive to suit your taste.
- Boss DS-1 Distortion Effect Stompbox, Classic Tones For All Types of Music, Unique Tone Control£49.00£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion Stompbox, Classic BOSS Distortion Tones with Turbo Modes£59.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss BD-2 Blues Driver Stompbox, Warm Distortion and Overdive with Tube Amp Simulation
- Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion Stompbox, Dual-stage Distortion Circuit, Bottom Control
- Boss OS-2 OverDrive/Distortion Effect Pedal, Includes Level, Tone and Controls For Precise Tonal Shaping
- Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Distortion Pedal, Dual Gain Circuitry, Three Band EQ, Semi-Parametric Mid Control
- Boss OD-3 OverDrive Effect Pedal, Dual-Stage Overdrive Circuit, Dynamic and Non-Muffled Tones, Straightforward Controls
- Boss ODB-3 Crunchy Bass OverDrive Effect Pedal, Two-Band Equalizer, Balance Knob for Wet/Dry Control
- Boss FZ-5 Fuzz Stompbox, Vintage Fuzz Tones, BOOST Control£99.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss ST-2 Power Stack Effect Pedal, Sound Based On Tube Stack Amplifiers, Two-band EQ, Vintage Crunch to Ultra High-Gain£99.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss ML-2 Metal Core Stompbox, Ultra-heavy Distortion with Low Control
- Boss DS-1X Special Edition Distortion Stompbox, Ultra Responsive, Very Low Noise, Chrome Knobs
- Boss OD-1X Special Edition OverDrive Effect Pedal, High Gain, Low Noise, Chrome Knobs
- BOSS SD-1W Super Overdrive Stompbox, Special Edition Waza Craft Edition£129.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss BB-1X Bass Driver Effects Stompbox, Bold and Punchy Overdrive, Independent Frequency Band Control Knobs£149.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
A good power supply is essential when putting together your peda lboard. Asside from keeping things tidy around your feet they can also provide different voltages to match the individual pedal requirements. Pedals can be powered either by daisy chainging them together or by using an isolatied powersupply. An isolated supply should eliminate ground loops and any associated hum, as there's no grounding path between the pedals.
- Roland PSA230 Pedal Power Supply - Recommended For All Boss Compact and Twin Pedals£25.00£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
The ultimate tool to sculpt your tone. From the more wide ranging graphic E.Q to allow control over bass,mid and treble to the parametric E.Q that allows you to boost or cut a specific frequency. An excellent tool for electric, acoustic and bass guitars.
A flanger pedal is a modulation effect. Essentially the same as chorus but with a shorter delay time and utilising delay feedback. The distinctive sound comes from modulating the delay time giving you the classic sweep sound.
A looper pedal will record as you play and then at the press of the switch loop the part you have just played allowing you to play over the top of the loop.Build up layer after layer or use it to create a backing to solo over. An ideal tool for solo singer song writers who want to build a "live" backing track to sing and play over.
- Boss RC-202 Loop Station, Compact Table Top Looper, Two Stereo Tracks, 64 Phrase Memories, 4 Input FX, XLR Mic Input£299.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss RC-505 Loop Station, Flagship Performance Instrument, 5 Independent Tracks, 99 Phrase Memories, XLR Mic Input£399.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss RC-300 Loop Station, Three Stereo Tracks, Dedicated Fader Per Track, Expression Pedal, XLR Input, Onboard FX£419.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
The harmoniser can be as simple as adding one note an octave above or below as in the octaver through to adding the major or minor third and beyond.
- Boss MO-2 Multi Overtone Effect Pedal, Multi-Dimensional Processing, Custom DSP, Mono or Stereo Output£119.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss PS-6 Harmonist Pitch Effect Stompbox, Harmony, Detune, Pitch Shifter, Super Bend£129.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss VB-2W Vibrato Waza Craft Specila Edition Effects Pedal, All-Analog Circuitry, Bucket Brigade Vibrato Line£189.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss SL-20 Slicer Effects Stompbox, Instantly Create Grooves and Percussive Melodies, MIDI In, 50 Built-In Patterns£199.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss VO-1 Vocoder Effects Stompbox, Powerful Vocal Expression For Guitar and Bass, Vintage, Talkbox and Choir Mode
A place for those pedals that don't quite fit in to any particular catagory.
Multi effects units combine all the common effects and some uncommon ones into one box usually with a range of switches allowing you for example to create different patches allowing you to go from a clean sound with chorus straight into a high gain lead patch with delay with the press of a button. Infinite sounds in a compact package, the swiss army knife of guitar effects.
- Boss SYB5 Bass Synthesizer Effect Pedal, 11 DSP Variations of Saw, Square and Pulse Waves, Expression Pedal Input£139.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss GT-1 Guitar Effects Processor, COSM Sound Engine In a Compact Footprint, Integrated Expression Pedal£169.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss ME-20B Bass Multiple Effects Pedal, Super Tough Metal Chassis, 30 User Memory Locations£179.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss GT-001 Guitar Effects Desktop Processor, Flexible Routing Options, Built-in Interface£199.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble Effect Pedal, COSM Technology, Overdrive Effects, 4 Types of Sounds, Virtual-Rotor Display
- Boss VE-20 Vocal Performer Effects Stompbox, Specialized For Vocalists, Includes Harmony, Double-Track, Reverb and More£219.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss ME-50B Bass Multiple Effects Pedal, World Class Bass Effects, Rugged Floor Unit,£249.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss ME-80 Guitar Multiple Effects, Multi-Dimensional Processing Technology, Rugged Floor Unit£249.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- BOSS GP-10 Guitar Processor (GP10S - Without Pickup), COSM Powered Instrument Modeling, 13-Pin Input For GK Pickups£339.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss GT-100 COSM Amp Effects Processor, Advanced Modeling, Dual LCDs, Multi-Dimensional Processing Technology£418.80FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss GP-10 Guitar Processor (GP10GK), COSM Powered Instrument Modeling, 13-Pin Input For Guitars With GK Pickup£419.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Roland GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer, COSM Guitar Modeling, Powerful Pitch Detection Technology, MIDI, USB Audio Foot Control£499.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Some pedals are notorious for adding excess noise within your signal chain, especially high-gain overdrive pedals. Noise reduction pedals allow signals above a certain threshold level to pass through whilst reducing signals below that threshold level which will essentially cut out any unwanted noise in-between playing.
Reverb pedals modify the signal in such a way that you can replicate playing in different sonic spaces. Delay pedals allow you to repeat your sound at pre-determined intervals after you've played it. Both effects whether used independently or together can add warmth and depth to your tone. Reverb and delay pedals are collectively known as time-based effects and are typically positioned at the end of your signal chain.
- Boss DD-3 Digital Delay Effect Pedal, 3 Delay Time Modes, Delay Time Control, Hold Function£115.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss DD-7 Digital Delay Effect Pedal, Analog Delay Mode, Modulation Delay, Expression Pedal Input£135.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss TE-2 Tera Echo Delay and Reverb Ambience Effects Stompbox, Multidimensional Processing Technology, Freeze Function£139.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss DM-2W Delay Stompbox, Special Edition Waza Craft Edition£149.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss RE-20 Space Echo Emulated Tape Delay Effect Pedal, Simulation of Famous Roland RE-201
- BOSS DD-500 Digital Delay Effect Pedal, 32-bit / 96kHz, 12 Versatile Delay Modes, Graphic LCD, Patch Memory£305.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
As you add more true bypass effects pedals and long cables to your signal chain, you introduce more capacitance which can result in a reduction in the high/mid frequencies also known as "tone suck" A buffer is an active circuit that will preserve the tone of your guitar signal.
- One Control Mosquite Blender with BJF Buffer - Dial In The Perfect Blend of Wet and Dry FX Signal£104.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
The oldest guitar effect. The first stand alone effects unit outside of reverb was tremolo produced back in 1948. The effect creates a rapid variation in volume of the output of your guitar, "Gimme Shelter" is the perfect explanation.
The humble tuner pedal is the quickest and easiest way of tuning your instrument. The most basic function allows standard tuning of your guitar but many offer alternative tunings and are stable across the entire frequency range allowing you to drop tune guitar or bass. Polytuners allow tuning of all strings simultaneously and are ideal for tuning on the fly.
- Boss TU-30 Tuner & Metronome, Supports Chromatic Tuning, Guitars, Bass and Flat Tuning, Accu-pitch, Built-In Mic£25.00£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner, 21-Segment LED Meter With Brightness Control, Chromatic and Guitar/Bass Mode, Flat Tuning£65.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss TU-3S Chromatic Tuner, 21-Segment LED Meter, Brightness Control, Accu-Pitch Sign, Chromatic and Guitar/Bass Modes
- Boss TU-3W Chromatic Tuner Guitar Stompbox, Switchable Buffer, Enhanced Waza Craft Version£125.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
The volume pedal does exactly that, controls the volume of your guitar. A useful tool in any setup that can be used to great effect. Before the drive section of your setup the volume pedal acts like the guitars own volume control lowering output which in turn lowers the gain. Used after the drive section allows for smooth volume swells without altering the gain.
- Boss FV-50H High Impedence Volume Pedal For Connection Before Guitar Effects Units, Tuner Out£64.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss FV-50L Stereo Volume Pedal, Low Impedance So Can Be Used With Stereo Keyboards and Stereo Effects Units£67.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss EV-30 Dual Expression Pedal, Die-Cast Aluminium Body, Isolated Dual Outputs, Polarity Switch
- Boss FV-30H High Impedance Foot Volume Pedal, Rugged Aluminium Body, Compact Footprint, Tuner Out, Stereo I/O£85.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss FV-30L Low Impedance Foot Volume Pedal For Keyboards and Stompboxes, Rugged Aluminium Body, Compact Footprint
- Boss FV-500H High Impedance Mono Volume Pedal, Heavy-Duty Aluminium Die-Cast Body, Tuner Output
- Boss FV-500L Low Impedance Stereo Volume Pedal, Heavy-Duty Aluminium Die-Cast Body, Tuner Output
One of the classic guitar effects of all time. The pedal creates a vocal like sound by sweeping through the frequency range of your guitar. Most commonly controlled with the foot allowing you to work in real time and sequence the effect to what you are playing. Some pedals over an auto function allowing you to switch on and off a preset wah effect. Here you will also find envelope filters. This pedal reacts to how hard you play, play hard and you get a treble boost and as the signal drops the boost dies away, the ultimate funk tool.
- Boss PW-3 Wah Effect Pedal, Unique Rich Mode, Vintage Mode, Rugged Die-Cast Aluminium Chassis
- Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah Effects Stompbox, Classic Auto-Wah, Humanizer, Bass Input£115.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET