Hard Drives - SSD
Solid-state drives (SSDs) are currently the fastest form of storage available, and can give your system a massive boost in application and OS load times, data-transfer speeds and overall system responsiveness. Their lightning speed comes from using flash memory chips, which unlike traditional hard drives have no moving parts. This makes them more reliable, smaller, lighter and less power hungry, but they can cost significantly more and oftentimes have less capacity. Scan recommends that anyone in the market for a performance PC opts for an SSD.
Available in 120, 128, 240, 250, 256, 275 and 480GB capacities these SATA III 6Gb/s SSDs may no longer be the fastest around thanks to emerging PCIe SSDs, but they're the most cost-effective and are still easily fast enough for most users. You'll need a spare SATA 6Gb/s port to get the most from them, and a 2.5" capable drive bay - an adaptor may need to be bought, but most cases have at least one. These drives are the highest capacity ones available, suitable for holding an operating system, as well as numerous programs and a healthy collection of media and games.
- 120GB Verbatim Vi500 S.3 7mm 3D Nand 2.5" 7mm SATA III SSD MARVELL 88NV1120 485MB/s Read 51K IOPS£19.70£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYIn stock
M.2 replaced the older mSATA standard. Available in 480, 500 and 512GB sizes the M.2 SSD Connects to your device via an M.2 Socket using the newer PCI Express NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) controller variant designed to fully utilize the capability of high-speed PCI Express storage devices to perform many I/O (in/out) operations in parallel. These SSD's can achieve Read speeds in Excess of 3000MB/s and Write speeds over 2000MB/s making them the fastest available.
- 500GB Corsair Force MP600, M.2 (2280) PCIe 4.0 (x4) NVMe SSD, Phison, TLC 3D NAND,4950MB/s Read,2500MB/s Write,420k/550k£143.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYIn stock
External SSDs are ideal for users looking for lightweight, portable and speedy storage. Their pocket-friendly enclosures are significantly smaller and lighter than external hard drives, and with no moving parts they're also silent, more robust and less prone to physical shock damage. They use the USB 3 interface, which is 10 times faster than and backwards compatible with USB 2.
- 256GB WD WDBKVX2560PSL My Passport Portable SSD, USB Type C , Black/Silver£89.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 960GB Seagate Nytro 3331 2.5" Enterprise SSD, SAS-3 12Gb/s, 2150MB/s Read, 1000MB/s Write, 210k/65k IOPS, No Encryption£347.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1.92TB Seagate Nytro 3331 2.5" Enterprise SSD SAS-3 12Gb/s, 2200MB/s Read, 1550MB/s Write, 230k/80k IOPS, No Encryption£587.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 3.84TB Seagate Nytro 3331 2.5" Enterprise SSD SAS-3 12Gb/s, 2200MB/s Read, 1550MB/s Write, 230k/80k IOPS, No Encryption£1,109.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 7.68TB Seagate Nytro 3331 2.5" Enterprise SSD SAS-3 12Gb/s, 2200MB/s Read, 1550MB/s Write, 230k/70k IOPS, No Encryption£2,339.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These SSDs are ideal for businesses looking for reliable, long-lasting and efficient flash storage that will outpace any hard disk. Possible features include end-to-end data protection and full power-loss protection. Speeds are not as fast as PCIe-based drives, but prices are considerably lower and the SATA interface and 2.5” form factor means they're easy to implement in any desktop environment.
- 240GB Seagate Nytro 1351 2.5" Enterprise SSD SATA 6GB/s, 564MB/s Read, 232MB/s Write, 55K/8K IOPS£75.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 480GB Seagate Nytro 1351 2.5" Enterprise SSD SATA 6Gb/s, 564MB/s Read, 488MB/s Write, 80/16K IOPS£119.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 960GB Seagate Nytro 1351 2.5" Enterprise SSD SATA 6Gb/s, 564MB/s Read, 536MB/s Write, 93k/22K IOPS£199.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2TB Micron 1300, 2.5" SSD, Non SED, SATA III - 6Gb/s, TLC 3D NAND, Read 530MB/s, Write 520MB/s, Retail£245.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1.9TB Seagate Nytro 1351 2.5" Enterprise SSD SATA 6Gb/s, 564MB/s Read, 536MB/s Write, 94K/23K IOPS£371.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1.92TB Micron 5200 Max, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, TLC 3D NAND, Read 540MB/s, Write 520MB/s£488.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 3.8TB Seagate Nytro 1351 2.5" Enterprise SSD SATA 6Gb/s, 564MB/s Read, 536MB/s Write, 90K/22K IOPS£707.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Intended mainly for data centres, these SSDs are as good as it gets for high-speed storage. Using fast PCIe 3.0 lanes and the new Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) interface, which is designed specifically to take advantage of SSDs, these drives smash through previous SATA limitations with throughput of 2GB/s or more in some cases and high sustained performance too. The 2.5” models here use the new SFF-8639 connection, sometimes called Express Bay, which means they can be hot-swapped.
- 15.36TB Intel D5-P4326 2.5" U.2 SSD, PCIe 3.1 (x4), NVMe, QLC 3D NAND, 3200MB/s Read, 1600MB/s Write, 580k/11k IOPS£2,279.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
M.2 SSDs are compact small form drives that connect directly to a slot on the motherboard. Their small dimensions makes them an ideal choice for a boot drive, leaving the 2.5in or 3.5in bays on the front of your server free for bulk storage drives.
- 1TB Intel DC P4511, M.2(22110), PCIe 3.1 (x4), NVMe, 1950MB/s Read, 1000MB/s Write, 295k/310k IOPS£257.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY