Hard Drives - SSD
Solid-state drives are currently the fastest form of storage available, and can give your system a massive boost in application and OS load times, data transfer speeds and overall responsiveness. Their lightning speed comes from their flash memory chips, which unlike traditional hard drives have no moving parts. This makes them more reliable, smaller, lighter and less power hungry, but they can cost significantly more and have less capacity.
These are the Latest and Greatest of the SSD Family - PCIe SSDs are the current pinnacle of SSD performance Which are SSD HHHL (Half Height Half Length)/ FHHL (Full Height Half Length) AIC's (Add In Card) instead of going via the normal route of SATA use the motherboard PCIe Port , capable of reaching far greater speeds than SATA SSDs which are limited to 6Gb/s. The Higher PCIe Bandwidth Opens up these models to a much greater Speed and are aimed at larger desktop PCs High End Market since they come as single-slot PCIe expansion card. Ensure your motherboard has an appropriately sized slot spare with the Correct PCIe Bridge and Port Version to get the most from the performance.
- 240GB Kingston KC1000 AIC SSD, HHHL PCIe 3.0 (x4), NVMe 1.2, MLC NAND, 2700MB/s Read, 900MB/s Write, 190k/160k IOPS£155.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 480GB Kingston KC1000 AIC SSD, HHHL PCIe 3.0 (x4), NVMe 1.2, MLC NAND, 2700MB/s Read, 1600MB/s Write, 190k/160k IOPS£257.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 960GB Kingston KC1000 AIC SSD, HHHL PCIe 3.0 (x4), NVMe 1.2, MLC NAND, 2700MB/s Read, 1600MB/s Write, 190k/165k IOPS£490.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
This the Next Generation Form Factor (NGFF) or M.2 as its now called M.2 replaced the older mSATA standard, The M.2 SSD Connects to your device via a M.2 Socket via either PCI Express using AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) which was the standard for older legacy operating systems, And the newer PCI Express using NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) controller variant designed to fully utilize the capability of high-speed PCI Express storage devices to perform many I/O (in/out) operations in parallel. Updated
- 240GB Kingston KC1000, M.2 (2280) PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe 1.2 SSD, Phison, MLC, Read 2700MB/s, Write 900MB/s, 190k/160k IOPS£143.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 480GB Kingston KC1000, M.2 (2280) PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe 1.2 SSD, Phison, MLC, Read 2700MB/s, Write 1600MB/s, 190k/160k IOPS£239.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 960GB Kingston KC1000, M.2 (2280) PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe 1.2 SSD, Phison, MLC, Read 2700MB/s, Write 1600MB/s, 190k/165k IOPS£468.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
While the M.2 connector can be used for PCIe SSDs, the ones here are SATA 6Gb/s only, so the benefits over standard 2.5” SATA drives are to do with space-saving, not speed. They're perfect for small form factor systems and laptops, but make sure your M.2 slot works with SATA devices, and that it supports the SSD's size, both in length (2280 means 80mm long) and thickness.
- 120GB Apacer AST280, M.2 (2280) SATA III 6Gb/s SSD, 3.8 mm, Read 500MB/s, Write 470MB/s, 23k IOPS Write, OEM£55.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Here you will find various adaptors and other miscellaneous equipment for internal hard-drives to help adapt them to your requirements.
- StarTech.com Dual mSATA SSD to 2.5” SATA RAID Adapter Converter£39.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Maximise the performance of your HDD or SSD. Coolers allow you to keep high performance SSDs or HDDs operating at their best.
- EKWB EK-M.2 NVMe Heatsink, Black, Ribbed Aluminium Design, Provides Passive Cooling to M.2 2280 PCIe/SATA SSDs£12.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- EKWB EK-M.2 NVMe Heatsink, Nickel, Ribbed Aluminium Design, Provides Passive Cooling to M.2 2280 PCIe/SATA SSDs£14.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY