Hard Drives - SSD
Solid-state drives are currently the fastest form of storage available, and can give your system a massive boost in application and OS load times, data transfer speeds and overall responsiveness. Their lightning speed comes from their flash memory chips, which unlike traditional hard drives have no moving parts. This makes them more reliable, smaller, lighter and less power hungry, but they can cost significantly more and have less capacity.
SATA III 6Gb/s SSDs may no longer be the fastest around thanks to emerging PCIe SSDs, but they're the most cost-effective and are still easily fast enough for most users. You'll need a spare SATA 6Gb/s port to get the most from them, and a 2.5” capable drive bay – an adaptor may need to be bought, but most cases have at least one. These drives are the highest capacity ones available, suitable for holding an operating system, as well as numerous programs and a healthy collection of media and games.
- 120GB Intel 540s Series, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 16nm TLC NAND Flash, Read 560MB/s, Write 400MB/s, 60k/50k IOPS, RETWas: £74.99£72.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
- 250GB WD Blue SSD, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7mm, Read 540MB/s, Write 500MB/s, 97K/79K IOPS, 100 TBW, Retail
- 256GB ADATA Ultimate SU800 SSD, 3D Nand TLC, Read 560MB/s, Write 520MB/s
- 500GB WD Blue SSD, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7mm, Read 545MB/s, Write 525MB/s, 100K/80K IOPS, 200 TBW, Retail£139.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 120GB Apacer AS330 PANTHER, 2.5" SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, TLC, 256MB Cache, Read 495MB/s, Write 385MB/s, 95K IOPS Retail
- 120GB Hynix SL308, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, TLC, Read 560MB/s, Write 460MB/s, 90K/83K IOPS, OEM
- 120GB Kingston A400 SSD, 2.5", SATA III - 6 G/bs, Up to 500MB/s Read, Up to 320MB/s Write Speed,
- 250GB Hynix SL308, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, TLC, Read 560MB/s, Write 490MB/s, 100K/85K IOPS OEM£76.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 240GB WD Green SSD, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7mm, Read 540MB/s, Write 465MB/s, 68K/37K IOPS, 80 TBW, Retail
- 250GB Samsung 850 EVO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, MGX, 3D V-NAND, 512MB Cache, Read 540MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 97k/88k IOPS£86.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 480GB SanDisk Z410, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, SLC/TLC, Read 535MB/s, Write 445MB/s, 35k/69k IOPS£119.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 256GB Samsung 850 PRO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, MEX, 3D V-NAND, Read 550MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 100k/90k IOPS£129.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 500GB Hynix SL308, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, TLC, Read 560MB/s, Write 490MB/s, 100K/85K IOPS, Retail£143.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, MGX, 3D V-NAND, 512MB Cache, Read 540MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 98k/90k IOPS£148.43£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 525GB Crucial MX300, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, Read 530MB/s, Write 510MB/s, 92k/83K IOPS, Retail£149.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 512GB Samsung 850 PRO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, MEX, 3D V-NAND, Read 550MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 100k/90k IOPS£224.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, MGX, 3D V-NAND, 1GB Cache, Read 540MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 98k/90k IOPS£310.68£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
This the Next Generation Form Factor (NGFF) or M.2 as its now called M.2 replaced the older mSATA standard, The M.2 SSD Connects to your device via a M.2 Socket via either PCI Express using AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) which was the standard for older legacy operating systems, And the newer PCI Express using NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) controller variant designed to fully utilize the capability of high-speed PCI Express storage devices to perform many I/O (in/out) operations in parallel. Updated
- 128GB Samsung SM961 Polaris M.2 NVMe, MLC V-NAND, M.2 SSD PCIe 3.0 x4, Read 3100MB/sec Write 700MB/sec, 330k IOPS£76.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 256GB Samsung PM961 Polaris M.2 NVMe (22x80) PCIe 3.0 (x4) SSD, Polaris, Read 2800MB/s, Write 1100MB/s, 250k/180k IOPS£104.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, V-NAND, M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.1, 3200MB/s Read, 1500MB/s Write, 330K/300K IOPSWas: £134.99£119.39£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, V-NAND, M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.1, 3200MB/s Read, 1800MB/s Write, 330K/330K IOPS£228.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
While the M.2 connector can be used for PCIe SSDs, the ones here are SATA 6Gb/s only, so the benefits over standard 2.5” SATA drives are to do with space-saving, not speed. They're perfect for small form factor systems and laptops, but make sure your M.2 slot works with SATA devices, and that it supports the SSD's size, both in length (2280 means 80mm long) and thickness.
- 120GB Kingston SSDNow G2 Drive, M.2 SATA, Read 550MB/s, Write 200MB/s, 90k/48k IOPS£55.88£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Bay converters and brackets for PC Cases which include brackets and drive bay converters of various types.
- Akasa SSD & HDD Adapter Fit a 2.5" SSD or HDD into a 3.5" PC Internal Drive Bay£3.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
SATA cables are used to connect hard disks, SSDs and optical drives to a PC's motherboard. Our range includes standard cables, versions with right-angled connectors to fit into tight spaces, SATA power adapters and SATA-to-MOLEX power connectors.
- 45cm Scan Right Angled SATA I/II/III data cable with Locking Latches RED£0.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 45cm Scan SATA III Certified 6Gbps Internal Cable Locking Connectors£0.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1m Scan Serial ATA Cable SATA Revision 2 Red SATA 6GB/s Certified£1.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 30cm Akasa Super Slim SATA rev 3.0 6GB/s Data cable with securing latches - Black£2.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY