Hard Drives - SSD
Solid-state drives are currently the fastest form of storage available, and can give your system a massive boost in application and OS load times, data transfer speeds and overall responsiveness. Their lightning speed comes from their flash memory chips, which unlike traditional hard drives have no moving parts. This makes them more reliable, smaller, lighter and less power hungry, but they can cost significantly more and have less capacity.
SATA III 6Gb/s SSDs may no longer be the fastest around thanks to emerging PCIe SSDs, but they're the most cost-effective and are still easily fast enough for most users. You'll need a spare SATA 6Gb/s port to get the most from them, and a 2.5” capable drive bay – an adaptor may need to be bought, but most cases have at least one. These drives are the highest capacity ones available, suitable for holding an operating system, as well as numerous programs and a healthy collection of media and games.
- 120GB Intel 540s Series, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 16nm TLC NAND Flash, Read 560MB/s, Write 400MB/s, 60k/50k IOPS, RET£74.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 250GB WD Blue SSD, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7mm, Read 540MB/s, Write 500MB/s, 97K/79K IOPS, 100 TBW, Retail£81.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 500GB WD Blue SSD, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7mm, Read 545MB/s, Write 525MB/s, 100K/80K IOPS, 200 TBW, Retail£140.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 120GB Kingston A400 SSD, 2.5", SATA III - 6 G/bs, Up to 500MB/s Read, Up to 320MB/s Write Speed,£50.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 120GB Hynix SL308, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, TLC, Read 560MB/s, Write 460MB/s, 90K/83K IOPS, OEM£51.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 120GB Kingston SSDNow UV400, 2.5", Slim 7mm, SATA III 6GB/s, TLC-Flash, Read 550MB/s, Write 350MB/s, 90000/15000 IOPS£52.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 120GB WD Green SSD, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7mm, Read 540MB/s, Write 430MB/s, 63K/37K IOPS, 40 TBW, Retail£52.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 250GB Hynix SL308, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, TLC, Read 560MB/s, Write 490MB/s, 100K/85K IOPS OEM£76.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 240GB WD Green SSD, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7mm, Read 540MB/s, Write 465MB/s, 68K/37K IOPS, 80 TBW, Retail£79.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 250GB Samsung 850 EVO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, MGX, 3D V-NAND, 512MB Cache, Read 540MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 97k/88k IOPS£83.88£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 480GB SanDisk Z410, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, SLC/TLC, Read 535MB/s, Write 445MB/s, 35k/69k IOPS£119.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 256GB Samsung 850 PRO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, MEX, 3D V-NAND, Read 550MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 100k/90k IOPS£129.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 500GB Hynix SL308, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, TLC, Read 560MB/s, Write 490MB/s, 100K/85K IOPS, Retail£143.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, MGX, 3D V-NAND, 512MB Cache, Read 540MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 98k/90k IOPS£148.43£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 512GB Samsung 850 PRO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, MEX, 3D V-NAND, Read 550MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 100k/90k IOPS£224.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYLow stock
- 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, MGX, 3D V-NAND, 1GB Cache, Read 540MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 98k/90k IOPS£311.88£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1TB Samsung 850 PRO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, MEX, 3D V-NAND, Read 550MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 100k/90k IOPS£443.88£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These SSDs are ideal for businesses looking for reliable, long-lasting and efficient flash storage that will outpace any hard disk. Possible features include end-to-end data protection and full power-loss protection. Speeds are not as fast as PCIe-based drives, but prices are considerably lower and the SATA interface and 2.5” form factor means they're easy to implement in any desktop environment.
- 1.92TB Samsung SM863a 2.5" Enterprise SSD, SATA3 6Gb/s, 2-bit MLC V-NAND, 510MB/s Read, 485MB/s Write, 95k/28k IOPS, OEM£1,260.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
This the Next Generation Form Factor (NGFF) or M.2 as its now called M.2 replaced the older mSATA standard, The M.2 SSD Connects to your device via a M.2 Socket via either PCI Express using AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) which was the standard for older legacy operating systems, And the newer PCI Express using NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) controller variant designed to fully utilize the capability of high-speed PCI Express storage devices to perform many I/O (in/out) operations in parallel. Updated
- 128GB Samsung SM961 Polaris M.2 NVMe, MLC V-NAND, M.2 SSD PCIe 3.0 x4, Read 3100MB/sec Write 700MB/sec, 330k IOPS£64.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, V-NAND, M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.1, 3200MB/s Read, 1500MB/s Write, 330K/300K IOPS£119.39£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, V-NAND, M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.1, 3200MB/s Read, 1800MB/s Write, 330K/330K IOPS£231.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
While the M.2 connector can be used for PCIe SSDs, the ones here are SATA 6Gb/s only, so the benefits over standard 2.5” SATA drives are to do with space-saving, not speed. They're perfect for small form factor systems and laptops, but make sure your M.2 slot works with SATA devices, and that it supports the SSD's size, both in length (2280 means 80mm long) and thickness.
- 120GB Kingston SSDNow G2 Drive, M.2 SATA, Read 550MB/s, Write 200MB/s, 90k/48k IOPS£55.88£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Bay converters and brackets for PC Cases which include brackets and drive bay converters of various types.
- Akasa SSD & HDD Adapter Fit a 2.5" SSD or HDD into a 3.5" PC Internal Drive Bay£3.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Here you will find various adaptors and other miscellaneous equipment for internal hard-drives to help adapt them to your requirements.
SATA cables are used to connect hard disks, SSDs and optical drives to a PC's motherboard. Our range includes standard cables, versions with right-angled connectors to fit into tight spaces, SATA power adapters and SATA-to-MOLEX power connectors.