Hard Drives - SSD
Solid-state drives are currently the fastest form of storage available, and can give your system a massive boost in application and OS load times, data transfer speeds and overall responsiveness. Their lightning speed comes from their flash memory chips, which unlike traditional hard drives have no moving parts. This makes them more reliable, smaller, lighter and less power hungry, but they can cost significantly more and have less capacity.
SATA III 6Gb/s SSDs may no longer be the fastest around thanks to emerging PCIe SSDs, but they're the most cost-effective and are still easily fast enough for most users. You'll need a spare SATA 6Gb/s port to get the most from them, and a 2.5” capable drive bay – an adaptor may need to be bought, but most cases have at least one. These drives are the highest capacity ones available, suitable for holding an operating system, as well as numerous programs and a healthy collection of media and games.
- 120GB Hynix SL308, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, TLC, Read 560MB/s, Write 460MB/s, 90K/83K IOPS, Retail£41.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
- 120GB Patriot BLAST, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, Phison S10, 256MB Cache, Read 560MB/s, Write 425MB/s, 100k/14k IOPS£41.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 120GB SanDisk Z410, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, SLC/TLC, Read 540MB/s, Write 405MB/s, 35k/55k IOPS£43.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 128GB SanDisk Z400s, 2.5" Business SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, SM2246XT, 15nm MLC, Read 546MB/s, Write 182MB/s, 43.3k IOPS£45.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 120GB Kingston ssd Now V300, 2.5" Slim 7mm SSD SATA 6GB/s , MLC-Flash, Read 450MB/s, Write 450MB/s, 85000 IOPS OEMWas: £46.99£45.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 120GB Samsung 750 EVO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, Samsung MGX, 256MB Cache, Read 540MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 94K/88K IOPS£55.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 240GB ADATA Premier SP550 SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 560Mb/s Read, 510Mb/s Write, 75k IOPS, Intelligent SLC Caching, Retail£59.70£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 240GB SanDisk Z410 Business Class SSD, 2.5", SATA III - 6Gb/s, Read 535MB/s, Write 440MB/s, 66k IOPS, Retail£59.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Hybrid hard drives combine a traditional, high capacity mechanical HDD section with a smaller, flash-based SSD section that acts as a cache, giving your system a boost in responsiveness. They won't be as fast as a pure SSD, but they're a great compromise between speed and capacity.
- 2TB Seagate Desktop SSHD, 3.5", 7200 RPM, 64Mb Cache, <8ms, NCQ, OEM£94.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Bay converters and brackets for PC Cases which include brackets and drive bay converters of various types.
- Akasa SSD & HDD Adapter Fit a 2.5" SSD or HDD into a 3.5" PC Internal Drive Bay£2.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Dynamode 2.5" to 3.5" HDD/SSD Conversion Cradle Bracket
- Akasa SSD & HDD adapter fits 3.5" HDD or 2.5" Notebook drive into 5.25" PC bay£4.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Here you will find various adaptors and other miscellaneous equipment for internal hard-drives to help adapt them to your requirements.
This the Next Generation Form Factor (NGFF) or M.2 as its now called M.2 replaced the older mSATA standard, The M.2 SSD Connects to your device via a M.2 Socket via either PCI Express using AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) which was the standard for older legacy operating systems, And the newer PCI Express using NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) controller variant designed to fully utilize the capability of high-speed PCI Express storage devices to perform many I/O (in/out) operations in parallel. Updated
- 256GB Intel 600p Series, M.2 (22x80) PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe SSD, 3D TLC NAND, Read 1570MB/s, Write 540MB/s, 112k IOPS£85.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 256GB ScanFX SM961 Polaris M.2 NVMe, MLC V-NAND, SSD PCIe 3.0 x4 Read 3100 MB/sec Write 1400 MB/sec 330k IOPS OEM£105.35£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 512GB Intel 600p Series, M.2 (22x80) PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe SSD, 3D TLC NAND, Read 1775MB/s, Write 560MB/s, 128.5k/128k IOPS£169.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 512GB ScanFX Polaris SM961 NVMe MLC V-NAND M.2 SSD, PCIe 3.0 x4, Read 3200 MB/s, Write 1700 MB/s, 330k IOPS OEM£209.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
While the M.2 connector can be used for PCIe SSDs, the ones here are SATA 6Gb/s only, so the benefits over standard 2.5” SATA drives are to do with space-saving, not speed. They're perfect for small form factor systems and laptops, but make sure your M.2 slot works with SATA devices, and that it supports the SSD's size, both in length (2280 means 80mm long) and thickness.
- 512GB SanDisk X400, M.2 (22x80) SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, 1.5mm, Read 540MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 93.5k/75k IOPS, Retail£138.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 120GB Kingston SSDNow G2 Drive, M.2 SATA, Read 550MB/s, Write 200MB/s, 90k/48k IOPSWas: £53.80£50.20£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
mSATA SSDs easily fit in the palm of your hand, yet are available in capacities up to 1TB, often without any performance hit over using a 2.5” model. While newer laptops are shifting to the M.2 connector, mSATA slots are still found on previous generation motherboards and laptops. These SSDs are great for providing such systems with a fast, silent storage upgrade.
- 250GB Samsung 850 EVO, mSATA SSD, mSATA III 6Gb/s, MGX Controller, 3D V-NAND, Read 540MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 97k/88k IOPS£93.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
SATA cables are used to connect hard disks, SSDs and optical drives to a PC's motherboard. Our range includes standard cables, versions with right-angled connectors to fit into tight spaces, SATA power adapters and SATA-to-MOLEX power connectors.
- 45cm Scan Right Angled SATA I/II/III data cable with Locking Latches RED
- 45cm Scan SATA III Certified 6Gbps Internal Cable Locking Connectors
- 50cm Scan SATA 6GB/s Combo Power and Data Cable for SSD & HDD
- 30cm Akasa Super Slim SATA rev 3.0 6GB/s Data cable with securing latches - Black
- 50cm Akasa Super Slim SATA rev 3.0 data cable with securing latches - Blue