Hard Drives - SSD
Solid-state drives (SSDs) are currently the fastest form of storage available, and can give your system a massive boost in application and OS load times, data-transfer speeds and overall system responsiveness. Their lightning speed comes from using flash memory chips, which unlike traditional hard drives have no moving parts. This makes them more reliable, smaller, lighter and less power hungry, but they can cost significantly more and oftentimes have less capacity. Scan recommends that anyone in the market for a performance PC opts for an SSD.
M.2 replaced the older mSATA standard. Available in 120, 128, 240, 250 and 256GB sizes the M.2 SSD Connects to your device via an M.2 Socket using the newer PCI Express NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) controller variant designed to fully utilize the capability of high-speed PCI Express storage devices to perform many I/O (in/out) operations in parallel. These SSD's can achieve Read speeds in Excess of 3000MB/s and Write speeds over 2000MB/s making them the fastest available.
- 240GB Corsair Force MP500, M.2 (22x80) PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe SSD, MLC NAND, Read 3000MB/s, Write 2400MB/s, 250k/210k IOPSWas: £92.99£90.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
External SSDs are ideal for users looking for lightweight, portable and speedy storage. Their pocket-friendly enclosures are significantly smaller and lighter than external hard drives, and with no moving parts they're also silent, more robust and less prone to physical shock damage. They use the USB 3 interface, which is 10 times faster than and backwards compatible with USB 2.
- 2TB Samsung Portable SSD T5, External, Black, USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C (10Gbps), 540MB/s Transfer, 2x Cables, RetailWas: £611.48£557.39£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These SSDs are ideal for businesses looking for reliable, long-lasting and efficient flash storage that will outpace any hard disk. Possible features include end-to-end data protection and full power-loss protection. Speeds are not as fast as PCIe-based drives, but prices are considerably lower and the SATA interface and 2.5” form factor means they're easy to implement in any desktop environment.
- 400GB Intel DC S3500 1.8" SSD, SATA 3.0 6Gb/S, 20nm MLC, Read 550MB/s, Write 380MB/s, 75K Read, 11k Write IOPS OEM£347.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Maximise the performance of your HDD or SSD. Coolers allow you to keep high performance SSDs or HDDs operating at their best.
- Akasa AK-MX010v2 Dual 2.5" (2x9.5mm) SSD/HDD 3.5" Bay Mounting Module Black Aluminium Passive Cooler SILENT£5.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Silverstone SST-FP53S Hard Disk Cooler Silver for all 3.5" HDD£13.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Bay converters and brackets for PC Cases which include brackets and drive bay converters of various types.
- Silverstone SST-SDP07 3.5" Extension Bracket - Internal£3.11£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- SilverStone SST-FP58B, Bay Device 5.25" 1x slot loading slim optical drive and 4x 2.5” HDD/SSD, Black£12.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Here you will find various adaptors and other miscellaneous equipment for internal hard-drives to help adapt them to your requirements.
- Silverstone HDDBOOST for 2.5" SATA SSD inc 3.5" Enclosure. Increase System Performance by 70%£10.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Lycom ST-168m mSATA SSD to 2.5" SATA Drive Converter with 2.5" Frame£12.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Lycom mSATA to SATA PCIe 2.0 Adapter Card with Hybrid Drive£18.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY