Hard Drives - SSD
Solid-state drives (SSDs) are currently the fastest form of storage available, and can give your system a massive boost in application and OS load times, data-transfer speeds and overall system responsiveness. Their lightning speed comes from using flash memory chips, which unlike traditional hard drives have no moving parts. This makes them more reliable, smaller, lighter and less power hungry, but they can cost significantly more and oftentimes have less capacity. Scan recommends that anyone in the market for a performance PC opts for an SSD.
Available in 120, 128, 240, 250, 256, 275 and 480GB capacities these SATA III 6Gb/s SSDs may no longer be the fastest around thanks to emerging PCIe SSDs, but they're the most cost-effective and are still easily fast enough for most users. You'll need a spare SATA 6Gb/s port to get the most from them, and a 2.5" capable drive bay - an adaptor may need to be bought, but most cases have at least one. These drives are the highest capacity ones available, suitable for holding an operating system, as well as numerous programs and a healthy collection of media and games.
- 120GB SanDisk SSD PLUS, SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, Read 530MB/s, Write 310MB/s, RetailWas: £27.44£25.79£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 240GB Toshiba A100 2.5" Internal SSD, 7mm, 3 Bit NAND, SATA III - 6GB/s, Read 550 MB/s, Write 480 MB/s, 87K IOPSWas: £36.65£35.87£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
While the M.2 connector can be used for PCIe SSDs, the ones here are SATA 6Gb/s only, so the benefits over standard 2.5" SATA drives are to do with space-saving, not speed. Available in 275, 500 and 525GB sizes they're perfect for small form factor systems and laptops, but make sure your M.2 slot works with SATA devices, and that it supports the SSD's size, both in length (2280 means 80mm long) and thickness.
- 500GB Samsung 860 EVO, M.2 (2280) SSD, SATA3 6Gb/s, MJX, MLC V-NAND, 512MB Cache, Read 550MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 97k/88kWas: £103.49£98.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 7.68TB Samsung PM1633a 2.5" Enterprise SSD, SAS-3 12Gb/s DP, MLC 3D/V-NAND, 1250MB/s Read, 1250MB/s Write, 187k/35k IOPSWas: £3,179.99£2,939.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These SSDs are ideal for businesses looking for reliable, long-lasting and efficient flash storage that will outpace any hard disk. Possible features include end-to-end data protection and full power-loss protection. Speeds are not as fast as PCIe-based drives, but prices are considerably lower and the SATA interface and 2.5” form factor means they're easy to implement in any desktop environment.
- 240GB Intel D3-S4510 Series 2.5" SSD, SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s), TLC 3D NAND, 560MB/s Read, 280MB/s Write, 90k/16k IOPS, RetailWas: £127.49£117.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 240GB Intel D3-S4610 Series 2.5" SSD, SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s), TLC 3D NAND, 560MB/s Read, 320MB/s Write, 92k/28k IOPS, RetailWas: £161.99£143.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 480GB Intel S3520 Data Centre SSD, 7mm 2.5", SATA III 6Gb/s, 3D MLC 16nm, 450 MB/s Read, 380 MB/s Write, 65.5K/16K IOPSWas: £225.49£209.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 480GB Samsung SM883 2.5" Enterprise SSD, SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s), MLC 3D/V-NAND, 540MB/s Read, 520MB/s Write, 97k/27k IOPSWas: £227.99£219.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 480GB Intel D3-S4610 Series 2.5" SSD, SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s), TLC 3D NAND, 560MB/s Read, 510MB/s Write, 96k/44.5k IOPS, RetailWas: £239.99£231.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 400GB Intel DC S3500 1.8" SSD, SATA 3.0 6Gb/S, 20nm MLC, Read 550MB/s, Write 380MB/s, 75K Read, 11k Write IOPS OEM£347.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1.92TB Intel D3-S4510 Series 2.5" SSD, SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s), TLC 3D NAND, 560MB/s Read, 510MB/s Write, 97k/35.5k IOPS,RetailWas: £599.99£514.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1.92TB Samsung PM883 2.5" Enterprise SSD, SATA 3.3 (6Gb/s), TLC 3D/V-NAND, 550MB/s Read, 520MB/s Write, 98k/25k IOPSWas: £716.48£659.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 3.84TB Samsung PM883 2.5" Enterprise SSD, SATA 3.3 (6Gb/s), TLC 3D/V-NAND, 550MB/s Read, 520MB/s Write, 98k/28k IOPSWas: £1,559.99£1,259.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 3.84TB Samsung SM883 2.5" Enterprise SSD, SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s), MLC 3D/V-NAND, 540MB/s Read, 520MB/s Write, 97k/29k IOPSWas: £1,679.48£1,493.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Maximise the performance of your HDD or SSD. Coolers allow you to keep high performance SSDs or HDDs operating at their best.
- Akasa AK-MX010v2 Dual 2.5" (2x9.5mm) SSD/HDD 3.5" Bay Mounting Module Black Aluminium Passive Cooler SILENT£5.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Silverstone SST-FP53S Hard Disk Cooler Silver for all 3.5" HDD£13.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Bay converters and brackets for PC Cases which include brackets and drive bay converters of various types.
- Silverstone SST-SDP07 3.5" Extension Bracket - Internal£3.11£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- SilverStone SST-FP58B, Bay Device 5.25" 1x slot loading slim optical drive and 4x 2.5” HDD/SSD, Black£12.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Here you will find various adaptors and other miscellaneous equipment for internal hard-drives to help adapt them to your requirements.
- Silverstone HDDBOOST for 2.5" SATA SSD inc 3.5" Enclosure. Increase System Performance by 70%£10.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Lycom ST-168m mSATA SSD to 2.5" SATA Drive Converter with 2.5" Frame£12.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Lycom mSATA to SATA PCIe 2.0 Adapter Card with Hybrid Drive£18.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY