Hard Drives - SSD
Solid-state drives are currently the fastest form of storage available, and can give your system a massive boost in application and OS load times, data transfer speeds and overall responsiveness. Their lightning speed comes from their flash memory chips, which unlike traditional hard drives have no moving parts. This makes them more reliable, smaller, lighter and less power hungry, but they can cost significantly more and have less capacity.
SATA III 6Gb/s SSDs may no longer be the fastest around thanks to emerging PCIe SSDs, but they're the most cost-effective and are still easily fast enough for most users. You'll need a spare SATA 6Gb/s port to get the most from them, and a 2.5” capable drive bay – an adaptor may need to be bought, but most cases have at least one. These drives are the highest capacity ones available, suitable for holding an operating system, as well as numerous programs and a healthy collection of media and games.
- 128GB OCZ Vertex 450, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, Indilinx Barefoot 3 M10, 20nm MLC, Read 525MB/s, Write 290MB/s£80.54£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These SSDs are ideal for businesses looking for reliable, long-lasting and efficient flash storage that will outpace any hard disk. Possible features include end-to-end data protection and full power-loss protection. Speeds are not as fast as PCIe-based drives, but prices are considerably lower and the SATA interface and 2.5” form factor means they're easy to implement in any desktop environment.
- 400GB Intel DC S3500 1.8" SSD, SATA 3.0 6Gb/S, 20nm MLC, Read 550MB/s, Write 380MB/s, 75K Read, 11k Write IOPS OEM£347.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
mSATA SSDs easily fit in the palm of your hand, yet are available in capacities up to 1TB, often without any performance hit over using a 2.5” model. While newer laptops are shifting to the M.2 connector, mSATA slots are still found on previous generation motherboards and laptops. These SSDs are great for providing such systems with a fast, silent storage upgrade.
- Lycom mSATA to SATA PCIe 2.0 Adapter Card with Hybrid Drive£19.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Hybrid hard drives combine a traditional, high capacity mechanical HDD section with a smaller, flash-based SSD section that acts as a cache, giving your system a boost in responsiveness. They won't be as fast as a pure SSD, but they're a great compromise between speed and capacity.
- 1TB Seagate ST1000DX002 3.5" FireCuda, SSHD, 8GB cMLC NAND, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache, 19.87 mm Height, OEM£69.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Bay converters and brackets for PC Cases which include brackets and drive bay converters of various types.
- SilverStone SST-FP58B, Bay Device 5.25" 1x slot loading slim optical drive and 4x 2.5” HDD/SSD, Black£12.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Here you will find various adaptors and other miscellaneous equipment for internal hard-drives to help adapt them to your requirements.
- Silverstone HDDBOOST for 2.5" SATA SSD inc 3.5" Enclosure. Increase System Performance by 70%£10.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Lycom ST-168m mSATA SSD to 2.5" SATA Drive Converter with 2.5" Frame£12.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Maximise the performance of your HDD or SSD. Coolers allow you to keep high performance SSDs or HDDs operating at their best.
- ScanFX Hard Drive Cooler for 3.5" HDD Twin 50mm Quiet Fans£3.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Akasa AK-MX010v2 Dual 2.5" (2x9.5mm) SSD/HDD 3.5" Bay Mounting Module Black Aluminium Passive Cooler SILENT£5.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Silverstone SST-FP53S Hard Disk Cooler Silver for all 3.5" HDD£13.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY