Hard Drives - SSD
Solid-state drives (SSDs) are currently the fastest form of storage available, and can give your system a massive boost in application and OS load times, data-transfer speeds and overall system responsiveness. Their lightning speed comes from using flash memory chips, which unlike traditional hard drives have no moving parts. This makes them more reliable, smaller, lighter and less power hungry, but they can cost significantly more and oftentimes have less capacity. Scan recommends that anyone in the market for a performance PC opts for an SSD.
These new super-fast SSDs use cutting-edge 3D XPoint memory instead of the more usual NAND flash memory. Joint developed by Intel and Micron, 3D XPoint has around 10x less latency than NAND, so Optane drives can start reading and writing much faster than traditional SSDs. They also perform much better at low queue depths, resulting in much snappier performance.
Intel Optane SSDs using 3D XPoint memory are available as 2.5in drives which use a U.2 cable to connect to the motherboard or as expansion cards that slot directly into a spare PCI-E slot on the motherboard.
- 280GB Intel Optane 900P 2.5" U.2 SSD, PCIe 3.0 (x4), NVMe, 3D XPoint, 2400MB/s Read, 2000MB/s Write, 550K/500k IOPSWas: £299.99£293.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Available in 120, 128, 240, 250, 256, 275 and 480GB capacities these SATA III 6Gb/s SSDs may no longer be the fastest around thanks to emerging PCIe SSDs, but they're the most cost-effective and are still easily fast enough for most users. You'll need a spare SATA 6Gb/s port to get the most from them, and a 2.5" capable drive bay - an adaptor may need to be bought, but most cases have at least one. These drives are the highest capacity ones available, suitable for holding an operating system, as well as numerous programs and a healthy collection of media and games.
- 250GB Crucial MX500, 2.5" SSD, 7mm SATA III - 6Gb/s, 3D TLC NAND, Read 560MB/s, Write 510MB/s, 95k/90k IOPS, RetailWas: £47.48£44.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 250GB SanDisk Ultra 3D, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 3D NAND, Read 550MB/s, Write 525MB/s, 95K/81K IOPS, RetailWas: £53.48£49.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
- 480GB Crucial BX500, 2.5" SSD, SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s), Micron 3D NAND, 540MB/s Read, 500MB/s Write, RetailWas: £65.99£59.15£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 4GB ASUS Radeon RX 580 DUAL OC, 14nm Polaris, 2304 Streams, 1360MHz Graphics Card w/ 120GB Kingston A400 2.5" SATA3 SSDWas: £218.99£189.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Available in 1.9TB, 2TB, 4TB and 5TB capacities these SATA III 6Gb/s SSDs may no longer be the fastest around thanks to emerging PCIe SSDs, but they're the most cost-effective and are still easily fast enough for most users. You'll need a spare SATA 6Gb/s port to get the most from them, and a 2.5" capable drive bay - an adaptor may need to be bought, but most cases have at least one. These drives are the highest capacity ones available, suitable for holding an operating system, as well as numerous programs and a healthy collection of media and games.
- 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, MJX, MLC V-NAND, 2GB Cache, Read 550MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 98k/90kWas: £374.87£359.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
M.2 replaced the older mSATA standard. Available in 480, 500 and 512GB sizes the M.2 SSD Connects to your device via an M.2 Socket using the newer PCI Express NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) controller variant designed to fully utilize the capability of high-speed PCI Express storage devices to perform many I/O (in/out) operations in parallel. These SSD's can achieve Read speeds in Excess of 3000MB/s and Write speeds over 2000MB/s making them the fastest available.
- 500GB Crucial P1 M.2 (22x80) PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe SSD, 3D NAND, Read 1900MB/s, Write 950MB/s, 90K/220K IOPSWas: £84.49£74.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These SSDs are ideal for businesses looking for reliable, long-lasting and efficient flash storage that will outpace any hard disk. Possible features include end-to-end data protection and full power-loss protection. Speeds are not as fast as PCIe-based drives, but prices are considerably lower and the SATA interface and 2.5” form factor means they're easy to implement in any desktop environment.
- 400GB Intel DC S3500 1.8" SSD, SATA 3.0 6Gb/S, 20nm MLC, Read 550MB/s, Write 380MB/s, 75K Read, 11k Write IOPS OEM£347.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Maximise the performance of your HDD or SSD. Coolers allow you to keep high performance SSDs or HDDs operating at their best.
- Silverstone SST-FP53S Hard Disk Cooler Silver for all 3.5" HDD£13.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Bay converters and brackets for PC Cases which include brackets and drive bay converters of various types.
- Silverstone SST-SDP07 3.5" Extension Bracket - Internal£3.11£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- SilverStone SST-FP58B, Bay Device 5.25" 1x slot loading slim optical drive and 4x 2.5” HDD/SSD, Black£12.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Here you will find various adaptors and other miscellaneous equipment for internal hard-drives to help adapt them to your requirements.
- Silverstone HDDBOOST for 2.5" SATA SSD inc 3.5" Enclosure. Increase System Performance by 70%£10.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Lycom ST-168m mSATA SSD to 2.5" SATA Drive Converter with 2.5" Frame£12.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- SilverStone ECM24 SuperSpeed PCI-E Express Card X4 to M.2 (NVMe SSD NGFF), Aluminium Heatsink and Thermal PadWas: £25.49£22.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order