GPU - NVIDIA
Graphics cards are of the utmost importance in rigs intended for gaming or workstation PCs. For graphically intensive software and high-end games, a discrete card like those here is a must. AMD and NVIDIA dominate this market, and both firms offer a huge variety of cards across a broad spectrum of prices – cards for gamers start at just over £20 and can reach almost £1,000. Features and cooling solutions are just as diverse, but with any card you need to check that your case has room for it, your PSU has the right connections and that its display outputs meet your needs.
The GT 740 is another card that can be purchased with either GDDR3 memory or quicker GDDR5 – both are available in 1GB and 2GB configurations. Its 384 cores give it enough power to provide a clear upgrade over integrated graphics in 3D accelerated apps, HD video playback and light gaming.
- 2GB EVGA GeForce GT 740, Fan, Single Slot PCIe 3.0 (x16), 1782MHz GDDR3, GPU 992MHz, 384 Cores, HDMI/DVI-D/VGA£91.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
The GeForce GTX 1070 is the second GPU using the new Pascal architecture that replaces older Maxwell cards such as the GTX 970. Pascal means much higher performance and power efficiency, so the GTX 1070 with 1,920 cores is ideally suited for gaming at resolutions such as 2,560 x 1,440 or a VR headset.
The GeForce GTX 1080 is the first GPU based on the new Pascal architecture that is built using a tiny 16nm FinFET process for increased performance and power efficiency. With 2,560 cores running at 1.6GHz or higher plus 8GB of super-fast GDDR5X memory the GTX 1080 powers through games at high resolutions including 4K plus VR headsets such as the HTC Vive.
From adapters to replacement brackets, these accessories are aimed at helping you get the right and desired use from your equipment.
- PNY 2x6-Pin PCIe to 1x PCIe 8-Pin Power Y-Splitter cable, For Quadro / Tesla cards£12.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYLow stock
- EVGA Graphics Card PowerLink, PCIe Cable Management, Solid State Capacitors, Supports multiple PCI-E configurations£27.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
VGA coolers are the best way to cool your Graphics card when overclocking. This prevents damage to your components and can also decrease fan noise on certain graphics cards. Updated
- EVGA Hybrid Water Cooler for GTX 1080 and 1070 FTW Graphics Cards, Dedicated Copper Plate for Memory and VRM cooling£129.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- EVGA Hydro Copper Waterblock for GTX 1080, Thin-pin matrix, Nickel-plated copper with an acrylic cover, Illuminated Logo£149.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
NVIDIA's Tesla cards are designed for GPGPU (general purpose computing on graphics processing units), meaning they are added to systems and supercomputers to complement the existing CPU with a vast array of parallel cores that only a GPU can provide, increasing the potential throughput massively. Typically, they do not feature display outputs, so they're unsuitable for 3D workstations or gamers, but their massive number of cores and multiple gigabytes of memory make them ideal for applications such as computational fluid dynamics, weather modelling and financial computing.