GPU - NVIDIA
Graphics cards are of the utmost importance in rigs intended for gaming or workstation PCs. For graphically intensive software and high-end games, a discrete card like those here is a must. AMD and NVIDIA dominate this market, and both firms offer a huge variety of cards across a broad spectrum of prices – cards for gamers start at just over £20 and can reach almost £1,000. Features and cooling solutions are just as diverse, but with any card you need to check that your case has room for it, your PSU has the right connections and that its display outputs meet your needs.
The 3GB version of the GeForce GTX 1060 mid-range graphics card has fewer cores than the 6GB version (1152 versus 1280) but it is significantly more cost effective. As the fourth card based on the new Pascal architecture it not only runs games faster than previous generation Maxwell cards, but consumes less power and is quieter.
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 GAMING 3GB GDDR5 VR Ready Graphics Card, 1152 Core, 1594MHz GPU, 1809MHz Boost£219.98FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
The GeForce GTX 1070 is the second GPU using the new Pascal architecture that replaces older Maxwell cards such as the GTX 970. Pascal means much higher performance and power efficiency, so the GTX 1070 with 1,920 cores is ideally suited for gaming at resolutions such as 2,560 x 1,440 or a VR headset.
- Gainward GeForce GTX 1070 Phoenix 8GB GDDR5 VR Ready Graphics Card, 1920 Core, 1506MHz GPU, 1683MHz Boost£378.98FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 Super JetStream 8GB GDDR5 VR Ready Graphics Card, 1920 Core, 1632MHz GPU, 1835MHz Boost£405.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
The GeForce GTX 1080 is the first GPU based on the new Pascal architecture that is built using a tiny 16nm FinFET process for increased performance and power efficiency. With 2,560 cores running at 1.6GHz or higher plus 8GB of super-fast GDDR5X memory the GTX 1080 powers through games at high resolutions including 4K plus VR headsets such as the HTC Vive.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1080 JetStream 8GB GDDR5X VR Ready Graphics Card, 2560 Core, 1607MHz GPU, 1733MHz Boost£599.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Palit GeForce GTX 1080 Super JetStream 8GB GDDR5X VR Ready Graphics Card, 2560 Core, 1708MHz GPU, 1847MHz Boost£617.48FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
VGA coolers are the best way to cool your Graphics card when overclocking. This prevents damage to your components and can also decrease fan noise on certain graphics cards. Updated
- ScanFX VGA Cooler with 35mm Fan with Heat Sink Quiet with 2 Pin Power Connector£1.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Thermalright GF-100 Bolt-Thru-Kit for Spitfire VGA cooler£3.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These unobtrusive Quadro cards are designed to bolster business productivity by enabling a wide variety of multi-display set-ups. With industry standard connections and up to 2GB of frame buffer, the cards here are capable of driving up to four displays using just a single expansion slot, and many are passively cooled too for complete silence. Check individual specifications for maximum display support and video outputs.
- 256MB PNY Quadro NVS 290, PCI-E (x1), 64Bit, GDDR2, DMS-59, Workstation Video Card OEM with cable£45.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY