CPU - Intel
The CPU is the central processing unit, literally the central component in a computer. It's responsible for processing instructions and controlling the other components. Many include basic on-board graphics processors too so you can power a display without needing a separate graphics card. Intel and AMD rule the desktop processor market, and each has a wide range of models suited to different tasks and budgets. Low-end, dual-core chips can be had for £25 or even less, but are only well matched to basic tasks, while the high-end is home to multi-core, high frequency monsters that can tear through the world's most intensive software. Before buying, ensure you've got a compatible motherboard and a cooler that can take the heat.
Mishaps with computers can happen. Take the stress out of this scenario by purchasing an extended warranty which will give you piece of mind that you are covered in case of any unfortunate accidents or damage occurring.
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i5 2500K CPU£13.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 3770K CPU£19.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 3960X CPU£28.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile P9500, Micro-FCPGA, Penryn, Dual Core 2.53GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 6MB Cache, 9.4x Ratio, 25W, Retail£263.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
There is no messing around with Intel’s latest Core i5 range - they are hands-down the best-value, high-performance processors you can buy. They may sit in the middle of Intel’s 4th Generation Core range, but the Core i5 can deliver high-end, quad-core performance at seriously high frequencies. The Core i5 is also a fantastically versatile processor too, with a wide range of options on offer from the super-low powered i5 4590T to the highly coveted, overclockable Devil’s Canyon i5 4690K. PLEASE NOTE : If you intend on using a Haswell Refresh chip on a 8 series motherboard, you will need a BIOS update for the chip to be compatible.
- Intel Core i5 4690S, LGA 1150, Haswell Refresh, Quad Core, 3.2GHz Base, 3.9GHz Turbo, 1200MHz GPU, CPU, Retail£225.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Core i7 4940MX Extreme Mobile, G3, Haswell, Quad Core, 3.1GHz Core, 4 GHz Turbo, 5 GT/s DMI, 1.35GHz GPU, 57W, OEM£861.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Pentium Dual-Core G6950, S 1156, Clarkdale, Dual Core 2.8GHz, 3MB Smart Cache, 21x Ratio, 73W, OEM£74.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
The Intel® Xeon™ Processor is designed for dual-processor server and workstation platforms. Featuring innovative technologies such as the Intel® Netburst™ Micro architecture, and Hyper-Threading Technology, Intel Xeon processor-based systems offer outstanding platform dependability, value and versatility. The Intel Xeon processor MP features Hyper-Threading technology, Integrated Three-Level cache architecture and Intel® NetBurst™ Micro architecture to provide versatility, performance, value and dependability for today's server platforms.
- Intel Xeon X5472 Harpertown Core, 3.00GHz, FSB 1600MHz, 12MB Cache, OEM£599.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY