CPU - Intel
The CPU is the central processing unit, literally the central component in a computer. It's responsible for processing instructions and controlling the other components. Many include basic on-board graphics processors too so you can power a display without needing a separate graphics card. Intel and AMD rule the desktop processor market, and each has a wide range of models suited to different tasks and budgets. Low-end, dual-core chips can be had for £25 or even less, but are only well matched to basic tasks, while the high-end is home to multi-core, high frequency monsters that can tear through the world's most intensive software. Before buying, ensure you've got a compatible motherboard and a cooler that can take the heat.
These 7th Generation Intel Core dual-core processors are much faster than the cheaper Celeron and Pentium models thanks to having more cache memory and support for Hyper-Threading which enables them to process up to four threads at a time. Due to their higher frequency and larger cache Core i3's are much faster than Pentiums, and are the cheapest CPU we recommend for a more intensive tasks such as gaming and image editing.
Please note: In order to use an Intel 100 Series Motherboard with these 7th Gen. CPUs, you will need to ensure the motherboard is running the latest BIOS version before installing the CPU.
- ASUS ROG Maximus VIII HERO Z170 ATX Motherboard + Intel Core i3 7350K Unlocked Dual Core Kaby Lake Processor Bundle£269.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
The Intel® Core™ i5 6000-series processors are based on the new architecture codenamed Skylake. The 6th Gen Intel processors support Intel® Turbo Boost Technology which gives you an extra boost and increases processor frequency when you need it most. Choose a 'K' SKU, which can be easily overclocked for even greater performance.
- Intel Core i5 6600K, S 1151, Skylake, Quad Core, 3.5GHz, 3.9GHz Turbo, 6MB Cache, 1150MHz GPU, 35x Ratio, 91W CPU Retail£215.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Core i7 6800K, S 2011-3, Broadwell-E, Six Core, 12 Thread, 3.4GHz Clock, 3.8GHz Turbo, 15MB, 28 Lane, 140W, Retail£347.48FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Intel Core i7 6850K, S 2011-3, Broadwell-E, 6 Core, 12 Thread, 3.6GHz Clock, 4GHz Turbo, 15MB, 40 Lane, 140W, Retail£417.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Intel Core i7 6900K, S 2011-3, Broadwell-E, 8 Core, 16 Thread, 3.2GHz Clock, 3.7GHz Turbo, 20MB, 40 Lane, 140W CPU, Reta£829.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Intel Core i7 6950X, S2011-3, Broadwell-E, 10 Core, 20 Thread, 3GHz Clock, 4GHz Turbo, 25MB Cache, 40 Lane, 140W, Retail£1,399.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile P9500, Micro-FCPGA, Penryn, Dual Core 2.53GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 6MB Cache, 9.4x Ratio, 25W, Retail£58.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Core i7 4940MX Extreme Mobile, G3, Haswell, Quad Core, 3.1GHz Core, 4 GHz Turbo, 5 GT/s DMI, 1.35GHz GPU, 57W, OEM£826.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Core i5 4690S, LGA 1150, Haswell Refresh, Quad Core, 3.2GHz Base, 3.9GHz Turbo, 1200MHz GPU, CPU, Retail£225.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
- Intel Pentium Dual-Core G6950, S 1156, Clarkdale, Dual Core 2.8GHz, 3MB Smart Cache, 21x Ratio, 73W, OEM£71.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These Xeon E5 2600 processors are designed for the workstation and server market. The pricing reflects that, but so do the specifications. These CPUs have between 2 and 8 cores that use Intel's Sandy Bridge EP architecture, and also support quad-channel DDR3 memory. The E5-1600 family are designed for single CPU systems, while the E5-2600 CPUs can all be used in dual-processor set-ups for even more performance.
- Intel Xeon E5-2650L, LGA 2011, Sandy Bridge-EP, 8 Core, 1.8GHz Base, 2.3GHz Turbo, 8.0GT/s, 20MB Cache, 70W, CPU, OEM£779.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
The Intel® Xeon™ Processor is designed for dual-processor server and workstation platforms. Featuring innovative technologies such as the Intel® Netburst™ Micro architecture, and Hyper-Threading Technology, Intel Xeon processor-based systems offer outstanding platform dependability, value and versatility. The Intel Xeon processor MP features Hyper-Threading technology, Integrated Three-Level cache architecture and Intel® NetBurst™ Micro architecture to provide versatility, performance, value and dependability for today's server platforms.
- Intel Xeon X5472 Harpertown Core, 3.00GHz, FSB 1600MHz, 12MB Cache, OEM£599.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Mishaps with computers can happen. Take the stress out of this scenario by purchasing an extended warranty which will give you piece of mind that you are covered in case of any unfortunate accidents or damage occurring.
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i5 2500K CPU£13.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 3960X CPU
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i5 3570K CPU£11.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i5 4690K CPU£13.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 2600K CPU
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 3770K CPU
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 3820K CPU
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 2700K CPU£18.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 4790K CPU£20.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 3930K CPU
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 3970X CPU