CPU - Intel
The CPU is the central processing unit, literally the central component in a computer. It's responsible for processing instructions and controlling the other components. Many include basic on-board graphics processors too so you can power a display without needing a separate graphics card. Intel and AMD rule the desktop processor market, and each has a wide range of models suited to different tasks and budgets. Low-end, dual-core chips can be had for £25 or even less, but are only well matched to basic tasks, while the high-end is home to multi-core, high frequency monsters that can tear through the world's most intensive software. Before buying, ensure you've got a compatible motherboard and a cooler that can take the heat.
Mishaps with computers can happen. Take the stress out of this scenario by purchasing an extended warranty which will give you piece of mind that you are covered in case of any unfortunate accidents or damage occurring.
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i5 2500K CPU£13.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 3960X CPU
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i5 3570K CPU£11.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i5 4690K CPU£13.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i5 5675C CPU£13.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 2600K CPU
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 3770K CPU
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 3820K CPU
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 2700K CPU£18.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 4790K CPU£20.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 3930K CPU
- Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan for Core i7 3970X CPU
- Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile P9500, Micro-FCPGA, Penryn, Dual Core 2.53GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 6MB Cache, 9.4x Ratio, 25W, Retail£263.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Brilliantly fast With faster, intelligent, multi-core technology that applies processing power where it's needed most, new Intel® Core™ i7 processors deliver an incredible breakthrough in PC performance. They are the best desktop processors on the planet.¹ You'll multitask applications faster and unleash incredible digital media creation. And you'll experience maximum performance for everything you do, thanks to the combination of Intel® Turbo Boost technology² and Intel® Hyper-Threading technology (Intel® HT technology)³, which maximizes performance to match your workload.
- Intel Core i7 980, S1366, Six Core, 3.33GHz, QPI 4.8GT/s, 25x Ratio, 130W, Retail£359.00£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Important Note: All new Intel X79 chipset motherboards purchased from SCAN are BIOS ready for Intel's new Ivy Bridge E processors. If you are purchasing a new Ivy Bridge E CPU for your existing X79 chipset motherboard please first check your motherboard manufactures website to ensure your board is compatible. If so upgrade with your existing CPU installed to the latest compatible BIOS first prior to installing the new Ivy Bridge E processor. This range includes Intel's most powerful consumer processors. The three Ivy Bridge-Extreme parts range in price from £240 to a mighty £780, and they include fearsome amounts of power: four or six Hyper-Threaded cores, great stock speeds, high Turbo Core pace and huge amounts of cache. They're only worth buying if you need huge amounts of multi-core power, and they come with a couple of caveats other than their high prices: they use the older LGA 2011 socket, they don't have integrated graphics.
- Intel Core i7 4940MX Extreme Mobile, G3, Haswell, Quad Core, 3.1GHz Core, 4 GHz Turbo, 5 GT/s DMI, 1.35GHz GPU, 57W, OEM£861.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
The Intel® Xeon™ Processor is designed for dual-processor server and workstation platforms. Featuring innovative technologies such as the Intel® Netburst™ Micro architecture, and Hyper-Threading Technology, Intel Xeon processor-based systems offer outstanding platform dependability, value and versatility. The Intel Xeon processor MP features Hyper-Threading technology, Integrated Three-Level cache architecture and Intel® NetBurst™ Micro architecture to provide versatility, performance, value and dependability for today's server platforms.
- Intel Xeon X5472 Harpertown Core, 3.00GHz, FSB 1600MHz, 12MB Cache, OEM£599.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY