Accessories / Cables
In this category you’ll find all the products you need to build a wired or wireless network to link two or more PCs together, with products aimed at home users and corporate installations. Choose a wireless network for convenience or a wired network for higher speed, reliability and security.
A network cable (Ethernet) is used to connect a computer to a network. This can be a range of setups such as a broadband router feeding a single computer, two computers connected directly to each other, or a multiple number of computers and a network printer all connected to a server or router. RJ45 is the plug type. The general difference between CAT5 and CAT6 cabling is the increased transmission performance with CAT6. Note that there are two configurations of cables, Straight and X-Over (crossover). A X-Over cable is only used when connecting two computers directly to each other, or when connecting a computer directly to a peripheral for setup/configuration purposes.
- 100m Dynamode RJ45 CAT-5e CCA Boxed Reel UTP Cable, Solid, Grey£10.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2M Ubiquiti UDC-2 UniFi Direct Attach Copper Cable 10Gbps£21.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These pieces of hardware work with both wired and wireless networks and devices in specific ways. A Wireless Access Point is a 'wired to wireless' solution. It extends a wired network by converting it into a wireless connection.A Wireless Bridge allows devices such as gaming consoles, digital video cameras etc that come with a RJ45 network port to connect to a wireless network. As the unit effectively bridges together a wireless network to these connected wired network devices. Check individual specifications of the product for the exact features and capabilities to make sure it meets your requirements.
- Ubiquiti 24v 500mA Gigabit PoE Injector, airGateway Compatible£14.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1m Ubiquiti UniFi Direct Attach Copper Cable 10Gbps, SFP+ Copper Modules£19.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Ubiquiti NBE-M5-16 NanoBeam M5 5GHz 16dBi airMAX Outdoor Wireless AC CPE Bridge£63.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC In-Wall Indoor, Ethernet-To-WiFi Acess Point, GbE LAN, PoE+£98.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-LR-5 (5 Pack) Dual Band Access Point, 450+867Mbps, Ceiling mountable, Indoor£433.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
High End Copper Cable Ethernet and Optical fibre components and accessories.
- 2 Port D-Link DES-132F Expansion Module Fast EN, 100Base-FX£19.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Cisco Small Form-Factor Pluggable Transceiver Module, GLC-LH-SMD, IEEE 802.3z£467.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Also known as a NIC (Network Interface Card ), these cards connect directly into the motherboard of your computer and feature an external network socket. This enables the computer to connect to a network via a network cable. Traditionally these network cards use the PCI slot on a motherboard, with newer cards using a PCIe interface. Advanced features include two or more network ports for specific applications. Note that network adaptors that convert a USB port into a network interface are also available.
- Griffin GC43705 USB A to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter RJ45, White£4.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY