Accessories / Cables
In this category you’ll find all the products you need to build a wired or wireless network to link two or more PCs together, with products aimed at home users and corporate installations. Choose a wireless network for convenience or a wired network for higher speed, reliability and security.
A network cable is used to connect a computer to a network. This can be a range of setups such as a broadband router feeding a single computer, two computers connected directly to each other, or a multiple number of computers and a network printer all connected to a server or router. RJ45 is the plug type. The general difference between CAT5e and CAT6 cabling is the increased transmission performance with CAT6. Note that there are two configurations of cables, Straight and X-Over (crossover). A X-Over cable is only used when connecting two computers directly to each other, or when connecting a computer directly to a peripheral for setup/configuration purposes.
These cables are vital if you want a wired internet connection in your home or office. We've got them in a wide variety of colours and lengths.
- 0.5m CAT 6 UTP PVC INJ Moulded Patch Cable - Black
- 1m Scan Blue Cat 6 LSOH Snagless Moulded Patch Lead
- 1m Scan Grey Cat 6 LSOH Snagless Moulded Patch Lead
- 25cm Scan Cat 6 UTP Green Patch Lead, PVC, Full Copper, Injection moulded
- 2m Scan Grey Cat 6 LSOH Snagless Moulded Patch Lead
- 2m Scan Blue Cat 6 LSOH Snagless Moulded Patch Lead
Also known as a NIC (Network Interface Card ), these cards connect directly into the motherboard of your computer and feature an external network socket. This enables the computer to connect to a network via a network cable. Traditionally these network cards use the PCI slot on a motherboard, with newer cards using a PCIe interface. Advanced features include two or more network ports for specific applications. Note that network adaptors that convert a USB port into a network interface are also available.
- 1 Port Intel Gigabit PRO 1000CT PCI-e Desktop Network Adapter - OEM£25.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Network wall sockets, tools and accessories for all your cabling network requirements. Build a integrated cable network within the walls of a building to making up loose network patch cables.
- Panduit TX5e UTP TLess J, Category 5e, RJ45, 8-position, 8-wire universal jack module, Black£4.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYLow stock