These NAS units are sold with hard disks bundled, saving you the trouble of buying them yourself. They come in a range of sizes and capacities, from single bay 2TB units suitable for modest personal users all the way to large, multi-bay units with 16TB, 24TB or even 32TB of storage on tap.
Some of these NAS boxes do not come pre-configured, giving you the chance to set them up as you see fit, including what RAID level you want to use, if any.
The NAS solutions with the purple 'SYSTEM' flag are built by our award-winning 3XS Systems engineers and come pre-configured with your choice of RAID, so all you have to do is connect them to your network.
If need more info to help you choose the right NAS, or you can't see the exact specification you'd like custom built NAS please click here.
These 3.5" hard drives are available in 2TB, 3TB, and 4TB sizes. They utilise the newer SATA III 6Gb/s interface, ensuring as high speeds as possible with their mechanical technology, especially when using them in RAID. They're the most popular drives for today's desktop PCs, thanks to high spindle speeds, lots of cache and huge capacities.
- 2TB Seagate ST2000DM008 Barracuda SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm HDD with 500GB Seagate BarraCuda 2.5" SSD£109.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Available in 120, 128, 240, 250, 256, 275 and 480GB capacities these SATA III 6Gb/s SSDs may no longer be the fastest around thanks to emerging PCIe SSDs, but they're the most cost-effective and are still easily fast enough for most users. You'll need a spare SATA 6Gb/s port to get the most from them, and a 2.5" capable drive bay - an adaptor may need to be bought, but most cases have at least one. These drives are the highest capacity ones available, suitable for holding an operating system, as well as numerous programs and a healthy collection of media and games.
- 120GB Verbatim Vi500 S.3 7mm 3D Nand 2.5" 7mm SATA III SSD MARVELL 88NV1120 485MB/s Read 51K IOPS£19.70£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These SSDs are ideal for businesses looking for reliable, long-lasting and efficient flash storage that will outpace any hard disk. Possible features include end-to-end data protection and full power-loss protection. Speeds are not as fast as PCIe-based drives, but prices are considerably lower and the SATA interface and 2.5” form factor means they're easy to implement in any desktop environment.
- 240GB Seagate Nytro 1351 2.5" Enterprise SSD SATA 6GB/s, 564MB/s Read, 232MB/s Write, 55K/8K IOPS£75.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 480GB Seagate Nytro 1351 2.5" Enterprise SSD SATA 6Gb/s, 564MB/s Read, 488MB/s Write, 80/16K IOPS£119.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 960GB Seagate Nytro 1351 2.5" Enterprise SSD SATA 6Gb/s, 564MB/s Read, 536MB/s Write, 93k/22K IOPS£199.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2TB Micron 1300, 2.5" SSD, Non SED, SATA III - 6Gb/s, TLC 3D NAND, Read 530MB/s, Write 520MB/s, Retail£245.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1.9TB Seagate Nytro 1351 2.5" Enterprise SSD SATA 6Gb/s, 564MB/s Read, 536MB/s Write, 94K/23K IOPS£371.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1.92TB Micron 5200 Max, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, TLC 3D NAND, Read 540MB/s, Write 520MB/s£488.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 3.8TB Seagate Nytro 1351 2.5" Enterprise SSD SATA 6Gb/s, 564MB/s Read, 536MB/s Write, 90K/22K IOPS£707.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
M.2 replaced the older mSATA standard. Available in 480, 500 and 512GB sizes the M.2 SSD Connects to your device via an M.2 Socket using the newer PCI Express NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) controller variant designed to fully utilize the capability of high-speed PCI Express storage devices to perform many I/O (in/out) operations in parallel. These SSD's can achieve Read speeds in Excess of 3000MB/s and Write speeds over 2000MB/s making them the fastest available.
- 500GB Corsair Force MP600, M.2 (2280) PCIe 4.0 (x4) NVMe SSD, Phison, TLC 3D NAND,4950MB/s Read,2500MB/s Write,420k/550k£143.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Direct Attached Storage or DAS is an external storage device that is connected directly to a server or workstation without a network device in between (ie there is no hub, switch or router required) using USB, Firewire or eSATA for example. This direct connection ensures fast access to data. A DAS will work as though the hard drives are internally connected, meaning drives can be partitioned, formatted and set up like any other internal hard drive or raid array. These DAS devices are available for standalone desk or rack mounting.