Q4N Handy Video Camera from Zoom with Touchscreen LCD
ZOOM Q4N Handy Video Camera, Full Color rotating touchscreen LCD, 10 advanced lighting presets, Mini USB, Micro HDMI
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
From Sunlight to Low-Light
10 “Scene” presets ensure great results in various environments—even low-light venues like nightclubs. These include “Concert Lighting” (where adjustments are made for lighting conditions that can drastically change) and “Concert-Low Light”, both designed for dimly lit locations. There are also specific Scene settings tailored for shooting at jazz clubs and rehearsal studios, as well as outdoors—even at sunset and at night.
The Q4n shoots in a variety of HD and WVGA formats, from high-resolution 2.3k video (2304 x 1296 pixel/30fps/24Mbps 3M HD) down to compact 30fps/5Mbps WVGA files. It has a greatly improved aperture (F2.0 to be exact) for bright, brilliant video, as well as a 160° wide-angle lens, and five steps of digital zoom.
Zoom has a long-standing reputation for products with outstanding audio, and the Q4n is no exception.
It supports high-resolution 24-bit / 96 kHz stereo sound and its built-in microphones can handle high sound pressure levels (up to 140 dB SPL) for distortion-free recording in even the loudest environments.
You can also connect external mics and other devices via a 1/8" stereo input jack, and monitor with either headphones or its built-in speaker. There's also an HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, making it easy to view your creations on location or at home.
We're Tweaky About Audio
(but you already knew that)
The Q4n's built-in microphones can be instantly configured for either A/B or X/Y stereo recording. So what's the difference?
A/B is a great way to record vivid stereo that provides a realistic sense of space and ambience—ideal when you want to capture the reverb of a concert hall. It's also well-suited for situations where you want to record the sound of people talking in different parts of a room.
What is X/Y Recording?
Glad you asked. X/Y stereo recording captures audio with natural depth and width, while still delivering a strong center image. It's ideal for recording musical performances and for video blogging.
Attach the Q4n to your guitar with Zoom's optional GHM-1 guitar headstock mount to get a close-up of your technique, or use the MSM-1 microphone stand mount to place one or more Q4n’s around various areas of the stage and complete the experience. With its included adapter, the Q4n is compatible with all three-prong action camera mounts and accessories, providing limitless possibilities.
Point. Shoot. Done.
The Q4n offers features that make it easy to use, including one-button recording, automatic microphone gain adjustment, and a rotating full-color touchscreen LCD.
The Camera for Creators
Whether it's used for YouTube videos, podcasts, or streaming live performances, you can count on your Q4n to capture bright, clear video with exceptional audio quality.
Connect and Share
A USB port lets you connect your Q4n to any computer or iPad* so you can use it as a web camera or USB microphone. You can also stream live, transfer recordings, and recharge your battery.**
* Apple Camera Connection kit required
** Computer connection only
Card Types, Power Options, and File Formats
Extended recording times
The Q4n records directly to SD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 128 GB. It’s perfect for podcasts, blogs, and capturing performances.
The Q4n's included Zoom BT-02 lithium-ion battery is rechargeable by USB or optional AC adapter (sold separately), providing up to 3 hours of shooting time.
Video and audio file types
Video (with audio) is recorded as MPEG-4 (MOV) files. Audio data can be saved separately, in either uncompressed WAV (up to 24-bit / 96 kHz) or compressed AAC format. Features • High-quality 160° wide-angle lens (F2.0/16.6 mm)
• 10 “Scene” options for use in different lighting environments, plus five steps of digital zoom
• Records directly to SDXC cards up to 128 GB for extended recording times
• Easy one-button recording
• Full-color rotating touchscreen LCD
• Support for five HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as two WVGA modes
• Video bitrates up to 24 Mbps for extended image quality and frame rates of up to 60 fps (at 720p) for capturing fast-action video
• Self-timer function to delay video recording by 3, 5, or 10 seconds
• HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
• Records video and audio in MOV format
• Can be used as standalone audio recorder, with data saved in AAC and WAV formats, up to 24-bit / 96 kHz
• Built-in stereo microphones can be configured for A/B or X/Y, capable of handling sound levels up to 140 dB SPL
• Analog-style level control with onscreen level metering and 2-color status LCD on lens
• 3 Auto Gain presets for automatic control over audio input level
• Stereo input for use with external devices plus support for plug-in power
• Headphone / line-level output and built-in speaker for fast audio monitoring
• Supplied windscreen and low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
• USB interface for live streaming and data transfer
• Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash Live Media Encoder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
• Webcam and USB mic function (with low-latency direct monitoring) when used with computers and iPads (Apple Camera Connection Kit required for use with iPad)
• Includes rechargeable Li-ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional AC adapter) with battery life of more than 3 hours
• Built-in standard tripod mount and included tripod-to-3-prong adapter for compatibility with all action camera mounts
Here's what comes included with the Q4n:
• Operation manual
• Lithium-ion battery (1050mAh BT-02)
• 3-prong action camera mount adapter
• USB to mini-USB cable
• Sponge windscreen
• Lens cover
• Lens hood
Optional Q4n accessories:
• Zoom AD-17 AC adapter
• GHM-1 guitar headstock mount
• MSM-1 mic stand mount
• BT-02 rechargeable Li-Ion battery
• LBC-1 Li-Ion battery charger
(Class 10 or higher, up to 128 GB)
1/3-inch 3-megapixel CMOS sensor
Fixed focus (36 cm – 8), F2.0,
Focal distance approx. 16.6 mm (35 mm equivalent),
MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MOV)
3M HD (2304×1296) / 30 fps / 24 Mbps,
HD1080p / 30 fps / 24 Mbps,
HD1080p / 30 fps / 16 Mbps,
HD720p / 60 fps / 15 Mbps,
HD720p / 30 fps / 8 Mbps,
WVGA 60 fps / 8 Mbps,
WVGA 30 fps / 5 Mbps
WAV (16-/24-bit quantization, 44.1/48/96 kHz sampling frequency)
AAC (64–320 kbps bit rate, 48 kHz sampling frequency)
Lo-Cut filter, Auto Gain
Digital zoom (×0.75/×0.85/×1.00/×1.30/×1.50),
Scene selection (Auto / Concert Lighting / Night / Concert-Low Light / Dance Club / Jazz Club / Concert Hall / Rehearsal-Studio / Garage / Outdoor / Sunset)
2.0" full-color touchscreen LCD
120° A/B and 120° X/Y stereo
Maximum sound pressure input:
140 dB SPL
-30 to +44 dB
INPUT: EXTERNAL INPUT
Stereo mini jack
–8 to +26 dB
2 k O or more
Supports plug-in power
Combined line/headphones stereo mini jack
HDMI connector: Micro Type D
Built-in speaker: 400 mW 8 O mono speaker
USB: OPERATION AS MASS STORAGE
USB 2.0 High Speed
USB: OPERATION AS AUDIO INTERFACE
USB 2.0 Full Speed
44.1 kHz sampling rate, 16-bit
USB: OPERATION AS WEBCAM
WVGA/720p video size,
48 kHz / 16-bit audio
Note: Audio interface and mass storage operation with iPad is supported.
Note: USB bus power supported
Power supply: Lithium-ion battery: DC 4.2V maximum voltage,
DC 3.7V nominal voltage, 1,050mAh capacity
AC adapter: ZOOM AD-17, sold separately: DC 5V/1A
Recharging times: Using USB: about 3 hours
Using ZOOM AD-17: about 2 hours
Battery operation time: About 3 hours or more
(when recording 720p/30 fps video with LCD closed)
Main unit (mic stored):
119 (length) × 51 (width) × 62 (height) mm
Main unit (mic extended):
119 (length) × 39 (width) × 86 (height) mm
6.0 oz / 178.6 grams with battery
5.5 oz / 155.9 grams without battery
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months