F8 Multitrack Field Recorder by Zoom (OPENBOX)
(OPENBOX) Zoom F8 Portable Recorder and 8-In/4-Out USB 2.0 Interface, 8 XLR/TRS, Mic Pre, Phantom, DSP, (OPENBOX)
By DPD On 18th Jun 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
We now stock the new Zoom F-Control mixing control surface which turns your field recorder into a fully fledged mixing station!
The ZOOM F8: For Filmmaking and Sound Design
Advances in video have made filmmaking accessible to creators everywhere. But the accessibility of professional audio devices has not kept pace. Field recorders, with essential features such as time code, have been unobtainable for most. Until now.
The F8 is made for serious filmmakers and sound designers.
With 8-input/10-track recording, super low-noise preamps, and support for 24-bit/192kHz audio, the F8 captures the highest-quality audio.
Outfitted with our finest mic preamps to date, the F8 features an extremely low noise floor (-127 dBu EIN) and high gain (up to 75 dB), with +4 dB line inputs.
High-resolution audio and advanced limiters
The F8 can record at 24-bit/192 kHz resolution and is equipped with onboard limiters designed to provide overload protection. Limiting can be applied to all 8 channels simultaneously at full resolution, with 10 dB of headroom and controls for setting threshold, attack, and release.
Time code with pinpoint accuracy
The F8’s time code is state-of-the-art. It utilizes a precision oscillator that generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy, enabling rock solid syncing of audio and video.
The F8 supports all standard dropframe and non-drop formats, and can jam sync to time code being provided by external devices. An input and output are provided on standard BNC connectors, enabling easy integration into any rig.
Weight and build
The F8 is not only versatile and feature rich, it is the smallest field recorder with eight XLR combo inputs ever made. Weighing just 2.1 pounds (without batteries), its aluminum chassis is both rugged and durable.
Sound professionals sometimes work in dusty, hard-to-see environments. Level meters with adjustable brightness and its 2.4 inch full-color backlit LCD (which can be set to monochrome mode), make the F8 easy to use in any environment — from low-light to direct sunlight.
File formats, resolution, and sample rates
The F8 records in BWF-compatible WAV format at 16- or 24-bit resolution, and at any standard sample rate up to 192 kHz. When recording files in MP3 format, you can choose bit rates of 128, 192, or 320 kbps.
Redundancy is always good… Always.
Dual SD card recording
Record on two SD/SDHC/SDXC cards (Not included, sold separately), up to 512 GB each, simultaneously, allowing you to instantly backup or split recordings (for example, save eight tracks onto one card and a stereo mix onto another).
Three power sources
A 4-pin Hirose connector allows the use of external 9-16 volt DC battery packs. Internal power is provided by 8 AA batteries. The F8 can switch power sources from a DC battery pack to the AA batteries at a user-defined voltage level for uninterrupted recording. You can also use the supplied 12 volt AC adapter when not on the go.
Files are saved periodically during recording. This provides an extra level of protection in the event of unexpected file interruption, for example, power loss or the removal of an SD card.
The F8’s dual-channel recording mode allows you to create safety tracks on inputs 1-4, each with independent level, limiting, delay, phase inversion, and high-pass filtering.
The pre-record function allows you to capture up to 6 seconds of audio before you hit the RECORD button.
Comprehensive headphone monitoring
Out in the field, it's important to be able to quickly check levels as you're recording. With the F8, it's simple. A single display lets you monitor single or multiple tracks, as well as any of the Main or Sub outputs, via a dedicated ¼" headphone jack with a front panel volume control.
Signals can be freely routed to the left and/or right headphone channels, pre- or post-fader, and the headphone output can be switched to mono. You can set headphone alert tones for low battery, recording start/stop, or recording errors.
The F8 comes equipped with a built-in 100 mW headphone amplifier, allowing you to monitor in the noisiest of environments.
A first in the field
The F8 is the first field recorder to come with wireless Bluetooth control. The Zoom F8 Control App for iOS provides extensive wireless remote control of the F8 from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (5th Gen) using Bluetooth LE protocol. Functions include Record, Play, Stop, Fast-Forward, and Rewind, plus mixer pan and fader level. You can also monitor input levels, current time code, and battery status. With Zoom F8 Control, you can rename files, enter metadata, and set date/time information directly from your iOS device.
The F8 provides 8 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors. Each input has a dedicated gain control knob, a 6-segment LED level meter, and Record Ready and PFL switch. A 10-pin connector on the rear panel enables the use of Zoom mic capsules, with an optional extension cable that allows for remote positioning. There's also a built-in slate mic and a variable frequency slate tone generator to confirm levels.
In addition to its ¼" headphone jack with dedicated volume control, the F8 provides four outputs: two Main Outs (on balanced TA3 mini-XLR jacks) for connection to external mixers and processing devices; and two Sub Outs (on a single unbalanced ?" stereo mini-jack) for connection to a camera.
Time code and USB
Time code I/O is provided on BNC connectors. A USB port enables firmware updates, file transfer, and allows the F8 to be used as an 8-in/4-out USB audio interface operating at sample rates up to 96 kHz.
The F8's menu is easy to navigate and has a simple file structure. Cataloging is straightforward, with extensive metadata (both BWF and iXML), which can be entered directly on the F8 or with the Zoom F8 Control App.
The F8's onboard mixer enables flexible signal routing from all inputs to all outputs, either pre- or post-fader, with user-adjustable level, pan, and input/output delay. In addition to advanced onboard limiters (which can be applied to all channels and tracks simultaneously), the F8 also provides high-pass filtering to reduce the sound of wind and other noise, plus phase inversion and Mid-Side decoding.
Zoom F8 PDF Manual:
Zoom F8 Control App Manual:
Zoom F8 SD Card Compatibility List:
Features • 8-channel/10-track field audio recorder/mixer.
• 8 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors.
• Compact and lightweight aluminum chassis, weighing just 2 pounds (without batteries).
• High quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN, and +4 dB line inputs.
• Support for up to 24-bit/192kHz recording as well as 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz / 48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility; 16-/24-bit resolution.
• Accurate Time Code (0.2 ppm) I/O on standard BNC connectors; dropframe/non-drop formats with Jam Sync.
• Three different power supply options: 8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with Hirose connector, or 12V AC adapter (AA’s and DC battery pack not included).
• Automatic switching of power source from DC to batteries at user-defined voltage levels.
• Dedicated gain control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel.
• Phantom power (+48V/+24V) on every input.
• Advanced onboard limiters for input and output.
• High pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder.
• Input delay of up to 30 msec per channel / output delay of up to 10 frames per output.
• Compatible with Zoom microphone capsules; optional extender cable enables remote positioning.
• Dual mini-XLR (TA3) balanced Main Outs plus ?" stereo mini-jack Sub Out.
• Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with front panel volume control.
• 2.4" full-color backlit LCD with monochrome mode.
• Dedicated PFL display with viewable trim settings.
• Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512 GB each.
• Records in BWF-compliant WAV or MP3 file formats.
• Support for extensive metadata (BWF and iXML); input time, date, project, scene number, etc.
• Built-in slate mic/slate tone with front panel switch.
• Built-in tripod mount; camera mount adapter also included.
• Use as an 8-in/4-out USB audio interface (@ 96 kHz).
• Free Zoom F8 Control App for iOS allows wireless remote control, file renaming, and metadata entry.
Here's what comes included with the F8:
• Camera mount adapter.
• Zoom AD-19 12V AC Adapter.
• Operation manual.
• TA3 to XLR cable x2.
• Cubase LE and WaveLab LE download codes.
Optional Accesories Available for the Zoom F8 - (Not Included, Sold Separately)
• Zoom F8 Field Bag (PCF-8).
• Zoom mic capsule extender cable.
• XYH-5 X/Y mic capsule.
• XYH-6 X/Y mic capsule.
• MSH-6 Mid-Side mic capsule.
• SGH-6 Shotgun mic capsule.
• SSH-6 Stereo Shotgun mic capsule.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months