Zoom F4 + Zoom F-Control Portable Recording Package
Zoom F4 + Zoom F-Control Portable Recording Package - Take Your On-Location Audio Recordings To The Next Level
By DPD On 18th Jan 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Zoom F4 Professional Field Recorder
Zoom F-Control Mixing Control Surface
Creators are making more waves in film than ever before. Thanks to affordable technology and distribution channels like YouTube, we’re ushering in a new era of creativity…and it’s only just begun.
The Zoom F4 propels your film's sound to a whole new level. With 6-input/8-track recording, super-low-noise mic preamps, and time code with pinpoint accuracy, the F4 offers Hollywood sound at an indie budget.
We didn't change the industry. You did.
By putting high-quality sound front and center, you've changed how audiences experience film. That's why we created the Zoom F4. So professional quality sound is always within reach.
Super-low-noise microphone preamps
The F4 is equipped with our highest-quality mic preamps. Like the F8, the F4’s mic preamps enable pristine recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/192 kHz. Its impressive audio specs include an extremely low noise floor (-127 dBu EIN) and high gain (up to 75 dB), with +4 dB line-level inputs.
TCXO Time Code
For precise audio/video syncing, the F4 utilizes a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) that generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy—a first for this price point. The F4 supports all standard drop frame and non-drop formats, and can jam sync to time code provided by external devices. Standard BNC connectors enable easy integration into any rig.
Advanced onboard limiters
Advanced onboard limiters provide overload protection which lets you capture audio in a wide range of dynamic sound environments. Limiting can be applied to all four channels simultaneously at full resolution, with 10 dB of headroom and controls for setting threshold, attack, and release.
Rock-solid build and lightweight design
A compact metal chassis makes the F4 both rugged and durable, and keeps its weight down to just 2.27 pounds without batteries.
With four XLR/TRS combo inputs, a 3.5mm stereo input, and a Zoom mic capsule input, the F4 can record up to six discrete tracks with an additional stereo mix track—all at resolutions up to 24-bit/192 kHz.
Input 5/6 can be used as a camera return for monitoring only. This allows you to monitor audio being sent to the camera for confidence checks.
Dual SD card recording
A dual SD card recording feature lets you record simultaneously on two SD/SDHC/SDXC cards* (up to 512 GB each). This means you can instantly back up or split recordings. For example, you can save eight tracks on one card and a stereo mix on another.
* View a list of confirmed compatible SD cards
The F4 periodically saves files while recording, providing an extra level of protection from unexpected file interruptions like power loss or sudden SD card removal.
Dual-channel recording mode lets you create safety tracks for inputs 1 and 2, each with independent level, limiting, delay, phase inversion, and high-pass filtering.
Built-in shortcuts allow easy access to important menus and features. Hold the front panel OPTION button for access to TC Jam, Trim Link, Clear Clip and other important shortcuts.
Three power sources
Power up your F4 with 8 AA batteries or an external DC battery pack with a converter cable connector. The F4 also includes a Zoom AD-19 power supply and a DC-HIROSE adapter which serves as a third power option.
Add Two Additional Mic/Line Inputs
The F4 is outfitted with a 10-pin Zoom mic capsule input to expand your recording capabilities even further. Connecting the optional EXH-6 XLR/TRS Combo Input Capsule adds two extra mic/line inputs to your F4, giving you a total of six discrete XLR/TRS combo inputs.
Zoom Interchangeable Mic Capsules
Use the proprietary Zoom capsule input to connect any of the available Zoom mic capsules—such as the SGH-6 Shotgun Mic Capsule or the XYH-6 Stereo X/Y Mic Capsule—to add an on-board microphone to your F4. The optional ECM extension cable allows for remote positioning of all capsules.
The Best Connections
The F4 features four discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors. Each input provides a dedicated preamp with gain control knob, phantom power, a six-segment LED level meter, and a Record Ready and PFL switch. The 1/8" stereo input or the Zoom mic capsule input can provide input for tracks 5 and 6. The F4 also includes a variable-frequency slate tone generator to confirm levels.
In addition to the 1/4” headphone jack with dedicated volume control, the F4 provides four other outputs. Two Main Outs (on balanced XLR jacks) let you connect to external mixers and processing devices. Two Sub Outs (on a single unbalanced 1/8" stereo mini-jack) enable easy connection to a camera. The front panel OUTPUT button allows easy access to output levels and routing.
Time code and USB? connections
Time code I/O is provided on BNC connectors. The USB port facilitates firmware updates and file transfer. It also allows the F4 to be used as a 6-in/4-out USB audio interface with sample rates up to 96 kHz.
An LCD For All Lighting Conditions
An easy-to-read 1.9-inch white backlit monochromatic LCD display makes the F4 suitable for all lighting environments— from low light to direct sunlight. It also performs well in harsh conditions, like dusty and hard-to-see environments.
Monitor Your Recordings
Flexible options help you easily monitor recordings in the field. Route any input, as well as the stereo track (pre- or post-fader), to the left or right headphone channels. A built-in 100 mW headphone amplifier provides plenty of volume for noisy environments. You can even set headphone alert tones for low battery, recording start/stop, or recording errors.
Onboard Mixer And Effects
An onboard mixer allows for flexible signal routing from all inputs to all outputs (pre- or post-fader) with user-adjustable level, pan, and input/output delay. Built-in limiters can be applied to all channels and tracks simultaneously. The F4 also includes built-in high-pass filtering to reduce the sound of wind and other noise, plus phase inversion and Mid-Side decoding.
The Nitty Gritty
The F4 records in BWF-compatible WAV format at 16-bit or 24-bit resolution, and at any standard sample rate up to 192 kHz. When recording MP3 files, you can choose bit rates of 128, 192, or 320 kbps.
Easy to Navigate Menus and Metadata
Thanks to simple menu navigation, cataloging with the F4 is easy and straightforward. The F4 features a simple file structure and allows you to enter extensive metadata (both BWF and iXML) directly onto the device.
Includes Recording and Editing Software
The F4 comes with free download licenses for Steinberg’s Cubase LE music production software and WaveLab LE audio editing software, representing a complete audio production toolkit.
Currently shipping with:
Cubase LE8 for Mac OS X 10.9/10.10/10.11 and Windows 7/8/8.1/10?
WaveLab LE9 for Mac OS X 10.10/10.11 and Windows 7/8/8.1/10
Your Time is Now
Creators are redefining what’s possible in film. Let the F4 elevate your creations with professional quality audio that brings your filmmaking efforts full circle.
Zoom F-Control Mixing Control Surface
The Zoom F-Control is an essential piece of gear for everyone who uses an F8 or F4 Multitrack Field Recorder. With F-Control, you can have total command of your recording experience.
F-Control is a mixing control surface that gives filmmakers more control and flexibility when recording in the field. It works alongside the Zoom F8 and F4 to create a complete and professional on-location audio rig.
Maximize Your F8 and F4
F-Control works intuitively with the F8 and F4 to give you additional mastery over sound design and mixing, as well as broaden your creative possibilities. It connects to your F8 or F4 with a single USB cable, so you can keep your setup clutter-free and be ready to record in seconds.
Recording Essentials at Your Fingertips
F-Control makes recording and mixing easy with nine 60 mm faders (eight + Master) and hands-on input/output control for trim, pan, and track arming. Monitoring channel and output levels is simple with 12-segment LED meters, three user-programmable buttons, and a dedicated time code button.
You can also organize recordings using the Track Scene edit buttons for metadata entry. F-Control gives you the option to connect an external USB keyboard so you can enter information for “Track Name”, “Scene Increment”, “Scene Name”, “Notes”, and “False Take.”
Connect Your Field Recording Gear
Connect your F8 or F4 to F-Control via one of two USB ports. The Keyboard USB port lets you connect an external keyboard so you can quickly enter metadata when you’re out in the field.
A 1/4” stereo cable connects the F8 or F4 headphone out to F-Control's headphone in, so you can monitor audio via F-Control’s headphone jack.
Power Anywhere You Go
F-Control has two main power options: four AA batteries (for up to 9 hours of operation) or power it with a 4-pin HIROSE connector with an external battery pack. An additional USB bus power option is available when using the F4 (not available with the F8).
Built For the Toughest Productions
Its metal chassis makes F-Control suitable for all production locations. Plus, the F-Control is small and light enough to fit into your gear bag or backpack, so you can take it on any shoot.
Take Charge of Your Creativity
F-Control takes sound recording and mixing to the next level. Its simple and hands-on design give you complete authority over your workflow, so you can fully focus on capturing great audio.
More information can be found in the User Manual below:
Features Zoom F4
• 6-input/8-track multitrack field recorder with integrated mixer .
• 6 discrete inputs, including with 4 locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors, a stereo 3.5mm input, and Zoom mic capsule input.
• Input 5/6 can be used as a camera return for monitoring only.
• Compact and lightweight metal chassis, weighing just 2 pounds (without batteries).
• High-quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN, and +4 dB line inputs.
• Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording as well as 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz/48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility; 16-/24-bit resolution.
• Accurate time code (0.2 ppm) I/O on standard BNC connectors; drop frame/non-drop formats with Jam Sync.
• Three different power supply options: 8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with 4-pin HIROSE connector, and Zoom AD-19 12V AC Adapter with DHC-1 DC-HIROSE cable (included).
• Dedicated gain control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel.
• Phantom power (+48V/+24V) on every preamp.
• High pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder.
• Advanced onboard limiters for input and output.
• Input delay of up to 30 msec per channel / output delay of up to 10 frames per output.
• Compatible with all Zoom mic capsules; optional ECM extender cable enables remote positioning.
• Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with front panel volume control.
• Dual XLR balanced Main Outs plus 1/8" stereo mini-jack Sub Out.
• Front panel OPTION button gives quick access to important shortcuts.
• 1.9” white, backlit monochrome LCD.
• Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512 GB each.
• Support for extensive metadata (BWF and iXML); input time, date, project, scene number, etc.
• Built-in tripod mount; camera mount adapter also included.
• Use as a 6-in/4-out USB audio interface (@ 96 kHz).
• The F4 can also be mounted to a tripod and attached to your camera using the included mounting bracket.
*The F4 is does not have Bluetooth capabilities and is not compatible with the Zoom F8 iOS app.
What's included with the F4:
• Camera mount adapter.
• Zoom AD-19 12V AC Adapter.
• DHC-1 DC-HIROSE cable.
• Cubase LE and WaveLab LE download codes.
• Operation manual.
Optional F4 Accessories:
• PCF-8 field bag for F4 and F8 MultiTrack Field Recorders.
• XYH-5 shockmounted X/Y mic capsule.
• XYH-6 X/Y mic capsule.
• MSH-6 mid-side mic capsule.
• SGH-6 shotgun mic capsule.
• SSH-6 stereo shotgun mic capsule.
• EXH-6 dual XLR/TRS combo input capsule.
• BCF-8 battery case for F4 and F8 MultiTrack Field Recorders.
• ECM-3 mic capsule extender cable.
• 9 faders (eight + Master), each 60mm.
• 1/4" Headphone jack.
• USB port for external keyboard connection.
• Hands-on input/output control for trim, pan, and track arming.
• 12-segment LED meters for monitoring channel and output levels.
• Dedicated time code buttons.
• Track Scene edit buttons: Shortcut commands to Track Name, Scene Increment, Scene Name, Notes, and False Take screens.
• Power options: 4 x AA batteries, 4-pin HIROSE connector with external battery pack, and USB bus power via the F4 (not available with the F8).
• Durable metal chassis.
• Compatible with Zoom F8 and F4 MultiTrack Field Recorders.
In The Box
• 1.5m stereo cable.
• 1.5m USB cable.
• 4 x AA batteries.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited