UAD-2 Satellite USB OCTO Ultimate 5 by Universal Audio
Looking to start mixing with the authentic sound of analog? Then you won't want to miss this special promotion. Save big on UAD-2 DSP Accelerators through March 31st, 2017 - and inject rich, three-dimensional "out-of-the-box" analog sound to your in-the-box mixes.
The ultimate collection of UAD Powered Plug-Ins over USB 3
The UAD-2 Satellite USB OCTO Ultimate 5 is Universal Audio's most powerful DSP accelerator, combined with a flagship collection of 89 UAD Powered Plug-Ins. This sleek desktop unit will supercharge your Windows-based workstation to run larger mixes filled with rich analog emulation plug-ins.
The UAD-2 Satellite USB OCTO Ultimate 5 includes 89 UA-developed* plug-in titles from a world-renowned library that includes Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Fairchild, Fender, Studer, SSL, and many more. In creating UAD plug-ins, Universal Audio's DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers - using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears - to give you all the warmth of classic analog equipment in your DAW.
The UAD-2 Satellite USB OCTO Ultimate 5 provides massive horsepower via eight SHARC processors, and its USB 3 SuperSpeed technology offers reduced plug-in latency compared to FireWire 800.
Ultimate 5 Software Bundle Contents
Channel Strips (9)
• API Vision Channel Strip
• CS-1 Channel Strip
• Manley® VOXBOX Channel Strip
• Neve® 88RS Channel Strip
• Neve® 88RS Legacy Channel Strip
• Precision Channel Strip Plug-In
• SSL E Series Channel Strip
• UA 610-A Preamp & EQ
• UA 610-B Preamp & EQ
• API 2500 Stereo Bus Compressor
• dbx® 160 Compressor / Limiter
• Fairchild® 670 Compressor
• Fairchild® 660 Compressor
• Fairchild® 670 Legacy Compressor
• Manley Variable Mu® Limiter Compressor
• Neve® 33609 Compressor
• Neve® 33609SE Compressor
• Precision Buss Compressor
• SSL G Series Bus Compressor
• Teletronix® LA-2 Classic Leveler
• Teletronix® LA-2A Gray Classic Leveler
• Teletronix® LA-2A Legacy Leveling Amplifier
• Teletronix® LA-2A Silver Classic Leveler
• Teletronix® LA-3A Classic Leveler
• UA 1176AE Classic Limiter
• UA 1176LN Legacy Limiting Amplifier
• UA 1176SE Legacy Limiting Amplifier
• UA 1176 Rev A Classic Limiter
• UA 1176LN Rev E Classic Limiter
Delay & Modulation (8)
• Brigade Chorus Pedal
• Cooper® Time Cube MkII Delay
• EP-34 Tape Echo
• Galaxy Tape Echo
• MXR® Flanger/Doubler
• Precision Delay Modulation
• Precision Delay Modulation Long
• Studio D Chorus
• API 550A Parametric EQ
• API 560 Graphic EQ
• Cambridge EQ
• Harrison® 32C Channel EQ
• Harrison® 32C SE Channel EQ
• Helios™ Type 69 EQ
• Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ
• Neve® 1073 Legacy Classic Console EQ
• Neve® 1073SE Legacy Classic Console EQ
• Neve® 1081 Classic Console EQ
• Neve® 1081SE Classic Console EQ
• Neve® 31102 Classic Console EQ
• Neve® 31102SE Classic Console EQ
• Precision Equalizer
• Pultec EQP-1A Legacy EQ
• Pultec EQP-1A Passive EQ
• Pultec HLF-3C Passive EQ
• Pultec MEQ-5 Passive EQ
• Pultec Pro Legacy EQ
• Trident® A-Range Classic Console EQ
• Bermuda Triangle
• Fender® '55 Tweed Deluxe
• Ibanez® Tube Screamer TS808
• Raw Distortion
• Precision K-Stereo Ambience Recovery
• Precision Maximizer
• Precision Multiband
• Precision Limiter
• Manley® Massive Passive EQ
• Manley® Massive Passive Mastering EQ
• AKG BX 20 Spring Reverb
• DreamVerb Room Modeler
• EMT® 140 Classic Plate Reverb
• EMT® 250 Electronic Reverb
• Lexicon® 224 Digital Reverb
• Ocean Way Studios
• Precision Reflection Engine
• RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Special Processing (14)
• Ampex® ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder
• FATSO™ Jr. Tape Sim. & Compressor
• FATSO™ Sr. Tape Sim. & Compressor
• Little Labs® IBP Phase Alignment Tool
• Little Labs® Voice Of God Bass Resonance
• Moog® Multimode Filter
• Moog® Multimode Filter SE
• Oxide Tape Recorder
• Precision De-Esser
• Precision Enhancer Hz
• Precision Enhancer kHz
• SPL® Transient Designer
• Studer® A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder
• Thermionic Culture Vulture Features • Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via USB 3 on Windows-based PCs.
• 8 SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes.
• Includes "Ultimate 5" plug-in bundle, featuring 89 UA-developed plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, Fender, and more.*
• Take UAD plug-ins on the road for mixing on Windows-based PCs.
• Compatible with Pro Tools, Cubase, Ableton Live, and more.
• Combine with other UAD-2 devices for even more processing power including UAD-2 PCIe cards, UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo Twin USB desktop interface.
• VST, RTAS, AAX 64 and 64-bit DAW compatible.
* Ultimate 5 package includes 89 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD Software v9.0. Does not include any Direct Developer (3rd party) plug-ins, nor plug-ins released after UAD software v9.0.
UAD-2 Satellite USB System Requirements
For complete compatibility information, visit help.uaudio.com
• Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 (64-Bit Editions).
• PC with available built-in USB 3 SuperSpeed port.
• Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor.
• 6 gigabytes available storage.
• USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable (included).
• Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins.
• Compatible VST, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software.
|Computer Interface Type||USB 3|
|Analogue Inputs (Total)|
|Analogue Outputs (Total)|
|Mic Preamps (Max)|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)|
|Sample Rate (Max)|
|Dynamic Range||n/a dB|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.