Get the rich analog sound of UAD plug-ins over USB 3 on Windows.
The UAD-2 Satellite USB DSP Accelerator is a sleek, powerful way for Windows-based PC users to “supercharge” their systems and run larger mixes filled with acclaimed UAD plug-ins. This convenient desktop unit gives you full access to UA's award-winning plug-in library,
including exclusive titles from Studer, Lexicon, Neve, and more. With improved performance and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire, UAD-2 Satellite USB makes the perfect introduction to UAD plug-ins, or ideal DSP expander for Apollo Twin USB audio interfaces.
UAD: The Industry’s Most Respected Collection of Audio Plug-Ins
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins are integral tools for audio professionals. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — whether it's boutique compressors and EQs, or vintage reverbs and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages,
Expandable Processing Power, from QUAD to OCTO
UAD-2 Satellite USB is available in QUAD or OCTO models with either four or eight SHARC processors, respectively. It can also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards, UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo Twin USB desktop interface for truly scalable mixing power.
Available as Core, Custom, and Ultimate Software Packages
The Core package includes the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, while Custom includes the Analog Classics Plus bundle, and a choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The OCTO Ultimate is UA’s flagship package, and includes all 83 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software v8.4.
UAD Plug-In Craftsmanship: The Science Behind the Scenes
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware — “rebuilding” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. That’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
• Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via USB 3 on PC's running Windows.
• Access over 100 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Marshall, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more.
• Take UAD plug-ins “on the road” for mixing on USB 3-equipped Windows PC's.
• Available in QUAD and OCTO models w/ 4 or 8 SHARC processors.
• Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins.
• Available in Core, Custom & Ultimate packages.
• All packages include Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle: Featuring a solid lineup of classic compressors like the Legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins, plus EQs like the Legacy Pultec EQP-1A and Pultec Pro, the Analog Classics Plus bundle is a well-rounded mixing toolkit. Innovative new plug-ins like the 610-B Tube Preamp offer authentic tube tone, while the Precision Enhancer Hz plug-in allows shaping your overall mixes. The Analog Classics Plus Bundle is included with the UAD-2 QUAD/OCTO PCIe cards, the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD, and UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt QUAD/OCTO.
• Compatible with Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, and more (VST, RTAS, AAX 64).
• Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo Twin USB.
• Supports Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-Bit Editions).
• Try before you buy with the 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins.
• Access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins Library/Online Store.
• Fan-free design for silent operation.
• Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 (64-Bit Editions).
• PC with available built-in USB 3 SuperSpeed port.
• Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor*.
• 6 gigabytes available storage.
• USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable (included).
• Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins.
• Compatible VST, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software.
Quad Core i7 or better recommended.
2-in-1 systems (notebook/tablet) not recommended.
• Fan-less USB 3.0 external enclosure w/ external power supply.
• Desktop dimensions: 7” wide x 6 3/4” long x 1 3/4” high (weight: 2.24 lbs).
• 4 or 8 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors.
• Compatible with VST, RTAS, and AAX 64 plug-in formats.
• 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz sample rate support (DAW dependent).
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite OCTO Custom, USB, DSP, 8x SHARC Processors, Analog Classics Bundle . Please choose from the list below.