Universal Audio Apollo X16 (Mac/Win)
Universal Audio Apollo X16 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface (Mac/Win)
By DPD On 21st Jan 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Now through December 31st, purchase and register any new Apollo X audio interface and get the same iconic sounds heard on
thousands of hit records with exclusive UAD plug-ins from Helios, SSL, Lexicon, and Empirical Labs — absolutely FREE!
Apollo x8p and x16 receive:
• Empirical Labs Distressor
• Helios Type 69 Preamp and EQ
• SSL 4000E Channel Strip
• Lexicon 224 Digital Reverb
16 Channels of Elite Audio Conversion, HEXA Core Processing and Surround Sound Monitoring.
The flagship Apollo x16 allows music producers, project, and post-production studios to track, overdub, and mix with new world-beating A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, and 7.1 surround sound monitoring* - all in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac or PC.
Built upon UA's 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, this 18 x 20 interface boasts the widest dynamic range (133 dB) and lowest THD+N (-129 dB), of any integrated audio interface on the market. Plus, with all-new HEXA Core processing, you'll get 50% more DSP for running acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time.
In addition to its elite-class audio conversion, Apollo x16 features selectable operating level for compatibility with professional +24 dBu gear, as well as an integrated monitor controller and built-in talkback mic.
• Experience elite-class A/D and D/A conversion with the widest dynamic range and lowest signal to noise of any integrated audio interface available
• Track and mix with powerful HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP chips for running more award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time
• Easily connect to professional studio gear with 16 x 16 analog I/O via DB-25 connections, plus switchable +24 / +20 dBu headroom settings
• Work in surround formats up to 7.1*, complete with speaker calibration and fold-down
*Surround Sound Support for Apollo X Coming Q4 2018.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of chart-topping songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo interfaces are no strangers to tracking stellar-sounding records. To improve on the previous generation Apollo interface's class-leading audio conversion, UA engineers obsessively auditioned the latest A/D and D/A converters - ultimately pairing elite-class 24-bit/192 kHz converters with all-new analog circuitry for an ultra-pristine signal path.
With 133 dB dynamic range and THD+N of -129 dB, the Apollo x16's open, natural sound quality bests every interface in its class - regardless of price - and is the perfect starting point for applying UAD processing.
Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing
Apollo x16 features new HEXA Core processing, with six DSP chips and 50% more UAD plug-in processing power than previous Apollos. This lets you run more UAD plug-ins, whether you're tracking in real time with channel strips from Neve, Manley, or API, or running high UAD plug-in counts when mixing in your DAW.
From the tube warmth of Pultec EQs on guitars to the musical tube limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine 1176 or Fairchild 670 tube compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward with a rich, three-dimensional analog sound that UAD plug-ins provide.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Of course, a hallmark feature of Apollo is its Realtime UAD Processing, letting you run the full library of UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency. Apollo x16 includes the Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, so you can record and mix with the world's only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and many more.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Going beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-ins, Apollo x16 lets you tap into the full UAD Powered Plug-In library of name-brand vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines, channel strips, and more - at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software's buffer size and without taxing your computer's CPU.
With exclusive emulations from SSL, Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more,** it's like having a studio full of iconic analog gear, in a single rack space. And unlike competing interfaces, these award-winning DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
Surround Sound Monitoring* and +24dBu Operation
With comprehensive surround monitoring support for formats up to 7.1, Apollo x16 is a boon for engineers and producers working on audio and music for video games, television, and the web. In addition, Apollo x16 offers selectable +24 dBu operation for out-of-the-box compatibility with professional mixing consoles and other high-end pro audio equipment.
Build a Networked Studio System Over Thunderbolt
Apollo x16 offers 18 x 20 simultaneous inputs/outputs (16 x 16 analog I/O) and two built-in Thunderbolt 3 ports, which are backwards-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 Macs via adapter (sold separately). This allows users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin or Apollo rackmount audio interfaces to easily combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices - adding fast, high-bandwidth I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Features • 18 x 20 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 KHz conversion
• HEXA Core Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
• Surround monitor controller up to 7.1 format*
• Includes "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp; Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A, and 1176 compressors; Marshall Plexi Classic; Ampeg SVT-VR Classic and more
• UAD-2 HEXA Core processing onboard for additional mixing horsepower for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, and other major DAWs
• Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices; backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via optional adapter
• Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
• Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
• Uncompromising UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
• Free, industry-leading technical support - on the phone and online - from knowledgeable audio engineers
*Surround Sound Support for Apollo X Coming Q4 2018.
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle:
• UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
• Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
• Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
• UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
• UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
• Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
• Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
• Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
• Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
• Precision Enhancer Hz
• Raw Distortion
• Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
• Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
• Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
• Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
• RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
**Apollo x16 includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
|Computer Interface Type||Thunderbolt|
|Analogue Inputs (Total)||16|
|Analogue Outputs (Total)||16|
|Mic Preamps (Max)|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)|
|Sample Rate (Max)||192 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||133 dB|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited