UA Apollo Twin Duo USB 3.0 Windows PC Audio Interface
Apollo Twin USB reinvents desktop recording by delivering legendary analog studio sound, feel, and flow to music creators everywhere. This 2x6 USB 3 audio interface for Windows-based machines (Windows 7 and 8) combines the impeccable 24/192 kHz audio conversion of Universal Audio's acclaimed Apollo series with onboard Realtime UAD Processing and Unison™ technology — a breakthrough in classic mic preamp emulation.
With its onboard UAD-2 DUO Core processing, Apollo Twin USB lets you record your music in real time (at near-zero latency) through the full range of UAD plug-ins — from Neve, Studer, Manley, Marshall, Lexicon, API, and more* — putting racks of vintage EQs, compressors, mic preamps, tape machines, reverbs, and guitar amps at your fingertips.
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo Twin USB's Unison technology gives you the tone of the world's most sought-after mic preamps — including their impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level circuit behaviors. Based on unprecedented hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD plug-in processing, Unison lets you record through stunning emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ plug-in, with more emulations available at the UA Online Store.
Apollo Twin USB’s smart feature set includes two class-leading mic/line preamps, two analog line outputs, two digitally-controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at
all listening levels, and up to eight additional channels of digital input via Optical connection. Its onboard UAD-2 DUO Core processing lets you use UAD plug-ins both during realtime tracking and for mixing within Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, and more.
With its ergonomic desktop design, rugged aluminum construction, and front panel headphone and instrument connections, Apollo Twin USB has all the right tools, all in the right place. Features • Desktop 2x6 USB 3 audio interface for Windows 7/8 with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion.
• Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency.*
• USB 3 connection to modern Windows systems.
• Unison™ technology provides stunning models of classic mic preamps.
• 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output.
• 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels.
• Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical connection.
• Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality.
• Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more.
• Console 2.0 software features Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and more.
* Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs. *Apollo Twin USB includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
|Computer Interface Type||USB 3|
|Analogue Inputs (Total)||3|
|Analogue Outputs (Total)||4|
|Mic Preamps (Max)||2|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)||1|
|Sample Rate (Max)||192 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||118 dB|
|Dimensions (mm)||160 x 66 x 149 WxHxD|
|Misc. Notes||For Windows 7 / 8|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.