*** Please note: This item is B grade stock and may have very light signs of use or temporary demo use, or it may just have damaged outer packaging. It will work as fully intended and as new. ***
Nowadays, Digital Audio Workstations are so powerful that they've got to the stage where it's entirely possible for people to make broadcast quality recordings in their bedroom or project studio,
But still people hark back to the days of Analogue recording, with outboard devices like compressors and limiters, that featured valves and handwired components.
UA have earned the reputation as the masters when it comes to bridging the gap between old school analogue and modern day digital.
They produce recording equipment that is a blend of stellar Analogue front-end quality, incredible digital conversion and their world beating UAD plug-ins that represent the best of the old school analogue equipment in digital format.
Apollo audio interfaces are the key to great Mixing and Mastering with near zero latency, as well as the gateway to the incredible world of UAD-2 processors.Apollo High-Resolution Music Production with Classic Analog Sound
• With its class-leading resolution and Realtime UAD Processing, Apollo sets a new standard for music production.
• This 18 x 24 interface allows you to record with near-zero latency through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — ingeniously merging classic analog tones with cutting-edge features.Class-Leading 24-bit/192 kHz Sound Quality
• Designed to play a central role in a modern Mac- or Windows 7-based studio, Apollo incorporates an uncompromising approach to audio quality.
• Building upon decades of UA hardware heritage, it offers extremely high-resolution sound, with the lowest THD and highest dynamic range in its class.
• Apollo’s four premium mic preamps, top-end converters — and UA’s meticulous attention to circuit design — translate into greater accuracy in your recordings, from tracking and overdubbing, to mixing and mastering.
• In fact, its sound quality is on par with dedicated converters costing thousands more.Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing, and Mastering
• While Apollo’s “natural” sound is exceedingly open and transparent, it can quickly deliver a wide range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing.
• Available with either DUO Core or QUAD Core processing onboard, Apollo’s onboard DSP Acceleration allows for recording through UAD Powered Plug-Ins — with as low as sub-2ms latency — so that producers can quickly monitor, audition, and “print” audio using classic analog emulations from Ampex, Lexicon, Manley, Neve, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more (sold separately).
• Better still, Apollo's Realtime UAD Processing is also available during mixing and mastering, so that music producers can use UAD plug-ins (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64) throughout the creative process.Track Through Classic Mic Preamps Using Unison™ Technology
• Unison technology allows Apollo’s mic preamps to sound and behave like the world's most sought-after tube and solid state preamps — including their all-important impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and circuit behaviors.
• Based on breakthrough integration between Apollo’s digitally controlled analog mic preamps and its onboard UAD processing, Unison lets you track through colorful preamp emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in.High-speed Thunderbolt Connection to your Mac
• Apollo offers compatibility with Thunderbolt technology on Macs via a user-installable dual-port Thunderbolt Option Card (sold separately).
• Thunderbolt provides greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at high sample rates, and reduced UAD plug-in latency.
Because Thunderbolt offers many times the bandwidth of FireWire, it allows studios to connect numerous devices in series with the Apollo interface — including hard drives, processors, and additional computer monitors — all with fast, flawless performance.Hardware Design and Workflow
• One key feature of Apollo isn’t really a “feature” at all. It’s the numerous design details that give you a fast, natural workflow — and better results.
• There are physical front-panel controls for all the most commonly used features, including Preamp and Monitor level knobs, channel selection, mic pad and low cut, phantom power, and dual headphone outs with independent level control.
• Smart Hi-Z inputs on the front panel detect when you've connected your guitar or bass, and automatically enable hardware and software monitoring.Console Application and Console Recall Plug-In
• The Console application is Apollo’s software control interface. Its intuitive, analog console-style design provides “realtime” tracking and monitoring with UAD Powered Plug-Ins — a feature not found in any other interface.
• Complete Apollo Console setups can be saved as presets, or even saved within your sessions using the Console Recall plug-in (VST, AU, RTAS, AAX 64).
• This enables hardware recall of all Apollo settings, even months and years after you last opened your session.Deeper Integration with Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase and More
• Apollo’s Core Audio and ASIO drivers ensure compatibility with all major DAWs, including Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, and more.
• The included Console application and companion Console Recall plug-in (VST, AU, RTAS, AAX 64) provide control and recall of all interface and Realtime UAD plug-in settings within your DAW sessions, even months and years later.
• A new “PT Mode” allows easier insertion of external hardware in Pro Tools, and a new Virtual I/O feature allows Realtime UAD Processing of DAW tracks and virtual instruments.Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle
• With the Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, you not only get legendary compressors such as the Fairchild 670 Legacy and EQs like the Pultec EQP-1A Legacy, but also stunning guitar and bass amp emulations from Softube, as well as UA’s landmark 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in.UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ
• The 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in will impart your tracks with the same legendary warmth and character of the classic hardware unit used to track everyone from Duke Ellington to Coldplay.
• By emulating the entire signal path, including tube amplifiers, transformers, and circuit nonlinearities, the 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in injects glowing detail and saturation to any signal — whether you’re re-amping or tracking through the 610-B via Universal Audio’s breakthrough Unison™ technology — the first and only way to truly emulate classic analog mic preamp gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level behaviors at the input stage.Softube Amp Room Essentials
• Featuring two plug-ins — the Amp Room Half-Stack and the Bass Amp Room 8x10 — Amp Room Essentials gives you guitar and bass tones that can deliver the goods in any genre.
• Based on a vintage British half-stack, Amp Room Half-Stack yields legendary slabs of molten distortion while Bass Amp Room 8x10 offers powerful tones and features like a blend-able DI.
• Both plug-ins tout adjustable mic placement for fine-tuning your tones whether you’re recording in real-time or re-amping.Fairchild 670 (Legacy)
• The world’s most coveted compressor, the classic Fairchild 670 tube limiter will give your tracks and mixes unmistakable tube warmth and character.
• Whether you’re looking for subtle compression on a lead vocal, or grittier textures that can work on guitars, bass, or a drum bus, the Fairchild 670 plug-in will add a classic “glow” to anything you run through it.UA Precision Enhancer Hz
• Expertly dial-in your music’s low-end frequencies with the Precision Enhancer Hz plug-in.
• Able to yield exacting results with minimal adjustment, the Precision Enhancer Hz can add weight to kick drum samples, fatten up a synth bass, or simply make the low-end of your tracks more audible on smaller speakers.1176SE/LN Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy)
• Get classic, ultra-fast FET compression from the world’s most recognized compressor.
• The 1176 will impart punch, presence, and character as well as its signature distortion overtones on drums, vocals, guitars, and bass. The 1176SE and its later LN version have graced countless recordings, from Led Zeppelin, the White Stripes, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.Pultec Pro Equalizers (Legacy)
• Universal Audio’s Pultec Pro Legacy plug-in combines the Pultec MEQ-5 Midrange Equalizer and the Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, two of the most sought-after hardware EQs, into a single plug-in.
• The MEQ-5 EQ section allows you to boost and cut midrange bands with the same silky smoothness and personality of the original hardware while the EQP-1A imparts warm analog character to a single track or an entire mix — even when bypassed.Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
• With its gentle, program dependent optical compression and meticulously designed tube amplifier, the LA-2A is the go-to compressor for professional mixers around the world — especially for vocals.
• Incredibly easy-to-use Peak Reduction and Gain controls gives you the ideal optical compression sound for vocals, bass, drums and more.CS-1 Precision Channel
• Featuring the EX-1 EQ/Compressor, the DM-1 and DL-1L Delay Modulators, and the RS-1 Reflection Engine, the CS-1 Channel Strip provides all the tools you need for recording and mixing in one simple plug-in.
• With a unique smoothing algorithm for all controls and DSP conserving bypass switches built-in, the CS-1 packs a whopping punch into a small package.RealVerb Pro
• RealVerb Pro is a flexible, natural sounding reverb that is based on our own unique set of algorithms.
• Allowing you to design the room just as you hear it, the RealVerb Pro goes beyond the barriers of simply big/small or dark/bright, giving you our trademark, distortion-free, smoothing diffusion control and ultra-long reverb tail.
• High resolution 24-bit/192-kHz audio interface with real-time UAD processing engine.
• Realtime UAD Processing for low-latency (sub-2ms) tracking and mixing w/ UAD Powered Plug-Ins**.
• Full recall of interface and Realtime UAD plug-in settings within DAW sessions.
• 8 analog inputs: 4 digitally controlled analog mic preamps; 8 balanced line inputs.
• 14 analog outputs: 8 balanced line outs; 2 digitally-controlled analog monitor outs; 2 dedicated stereo headphone outs.
• 10 channels of digital I/O: 8 channels of ADAT; 2 channels S/PDIF; Wordclock I/O.
• Dual FireWire 800 ports, plus Thunderbolt Option Card for connectivity to new Macs.
• UAD-2 QUAD power with 4 Analog Devices SHARC DSP processors.
• Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” plug-in bundle.
• Multi-Unit Cascading allows combining two Apollos for 16 analog inputs/outputs and 12 digital inputs/outputs.
• New Unison™ technology for stunning models of classic mic preamps**.
• Apollo Console application and companion Console Recall (VST/AU/RTAS) plugin.
• Core Audio and ASIO drivers for DAW compatibility.