UA Apollo 16 V2 Thunderbolt DSP Audio Interface
Universal Audio APOLLO 16 V2 Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
The new Apollo 16 is an elegant update to UA’s premium audio interface — delivering enhanced sound with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. Perfect for professional studios, this 18 x 20 Thunderbolt 2 interface offers twice the analog connectivity of the Apollo 8/8p — making it ideal for pairing with mixing consoles and outboard processors. Built on genuine UA analog design and next-generation A/D and D/A conversion, Apollo 16 also features powerful UAD-2 QUAD Core processing, letting you run the full library of UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time. With sonic performance that surpasses anything in its class, Apollo 16 rivals modular converters costing twice the price, in a sleek, powerful new package.
World-Class Sound with Superior Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
The original Apollo, introduced in 2012, quickly became a gold standard among modern music producers and engineers — it now counts many of the world’s top artists as users. Apollo 16 improves upon the original Apollo’s sound quality with completely redesigned, class-leading A/D and D/A conversion — giving you increased dynamic range and even lower THD. Building upon a 50-year legacy of circuit design, UA engineers started with obsessive auditioning of the latest converters, pairing them with completely redesigned analog circuitry. Confirmed by extensive double-blind listening tests, the result is 2 dB better A/D and 8 dB better D/A dynamic range versus the original Apollo — making Apollo 16 the measurable class leader.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing forTracking, Mixing, and Mastering
Imagine having a classic analog studio, in single rack space. Apollo 16 lets you record through UAD Powered Plug-Ins — including vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software buffer size. With award-winning UAD plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more,* Apollo 16 serves up authentic analog tone and warmth.
The key to its analog sound is onboard UAD-2 QUAD DSP Processing, which powers the UAD plug-ins while reducing the strain on your host computer.
Apollo 16 comes bundled with “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” suite of UAD plug-ins. From there, you can choose from a vast and expanding collection of plug-ins in the UA Online Store.
Front & Rear Panels
The Apollo 16 interface places all the most commonly used recording and monitoring features right on the front panel, for fast, direct access. Similarly, its rear panel provides all the dedicated, high-quality I/O needed for a typical production studio.
Improved Monitoring and Workflow
Unique among 16 channel converters, Apollo 16 features a dedicated Monitor knob right on the front panel. This knob is also controllable from software, a connected Apollo Twin, or can be bypassed for connecting the Monitor outputs to an external monitor controller. Standard interface settings like Clock Source, Sample Rate, and Host connectivity are displayed at all times as well.
Expand Your System
Thanks to Apollo Expanded software, users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Apollo Expanded also provides seamless integration with previous generation Apollos over Thunderbolt.
A Sleek New App
With Apollo 16’s Console 2.0 application — a complete re-imagining of Apollo’s original Console software — you can take advantage of over 25 new user-requested features such as Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and more.
Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle
With the Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, you not only get legendary compressors such as the Fairchild 670 Legacy and EQs like the Pultec EQP-1A Legacy, but also stunning guitar and bass amp emulations from Softube, as well as UA’s landmark 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in.
UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ
The 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in will impart your tracks with the same legendary warmth and character of the classic hardware unit used to track everyone from Duke Ellington to Coldplay. By emulating the entire signal path, including tube amplifiers, transformers, and circuit nonlinearities, the 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in injects glowing detail and saturation to any signal — whether you’re re-amping or tracking through the 610-B via Universal Audio’s breakthrough Unison™ technology — the first and only way to truly emulate classic analog mic preamp gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level behaviors at the input stage.
Raw Distortion Plug-In
Modeled from a vintage early-’80s Pro Co Rat, the Raw Distortion plug-in delivers all the gritty dynamic raunch of the legendary stompbox. And with Unison™ technology, you can plug in to Apollo Twin, DUO, or QUAD and experience the same circuit interaction, gain range, and clip points for the true tone, feel, and response of the original hardware.
Softube Amp Room Essentials
Featuring two plug-ins — the Amp Room Half-Stack and the Bass Amp Room 8x10 — Amp Room Essentials gives you guitar and bass tones that can deliver the goods in any genre. Based on a vintage British half-stack, Amp Room Half-Stack yields legendary slabs of molten distortion while Bass Amp Room 8x10 offers powerful tones and features like a blend-able DI. Both plug-ins tout adjustable mic placement for fine-tuning your tones whether you’re recording in real-time or re-amping.
Fairchild 670 (Legacy)
The world’s most coveted compressor, the classic Fairchild 670 tube limiter will give your tracks and mixes unmistakable tube warmth and character. Whether you’re looking for subtle compression on a lead vocal, or grittier textures that can work on guitars, bass, or a drum bus, the Fairchild 670 plug-in will add a classic “glow” to anything you run through it.
UA Precision Enhancer Hz
Expertly dial-in your music’s low-end frequencies with the Precision Enhancer Hz plug-in. Able to yield exacting results with minimal adjustment, the Precision Enhancer Hz can add weight to kick drum samples, fatten up a synth bass, or simply make the low-end of your tracks more audible on smaller speakers.
1176SE/LN Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy)
Get classic, ultra-fast FET compression from the world’s most recognized compressor. The 1176 will impart punch, presence, and character as well as its signature distortion overtones on drums, vocals, guitars, and bass. The 1176LN has graced countless recordings, from Led Zeppelin, to the White Stripes, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Pultec Pro Equalizers (Legacy)
Universal Audio’s Pultec Pro Legacy plug-in combines the Pultec MEQ-5 Midrange Equalizer and the Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, two of the most sought-after hardware EQs, into a single plug-in. The MEQ-5 EQ section allows you to boost and cut midrange bands with the same silky smoothness and personality of the original hardware while the EQP-1A imparts warm analog character to a single track or an entire mix — even when bypassed.
Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
With its gentle, program dependent optical compression and meticulously designed tube amplifier, the LA-2A is the go-to compressor for professional mixers around the world — especially for vocals. Incredibly easy-to-use Peak Reduction and Gain controls gives you the ideal optical compression sound for vocals, bass, drums and more.
CS-1 Precision Channel
Featuring the EX-1 EQ/Compressor, the DM-1 and DL-1L Delay Modulators, and the RS-1 Reflection Engine, the CS-1 Channel Strip provides all the tools you need for recording and mixing in one simple plug-in. With a unique smoothing algorithm for all controls and DSP conserving bypass switches built-in, the CS-1 packs a whopping punch into a small package.
RealVerb Pro is a flexible, natural sounding reverb that is based on our own unique set of algorithms. Allowing you to design the room just as you hear it, the RealVerb Pro goes beyond the barriers of simply big/small or dark/bright, giving you our trademark, distortion-free, smoothing diffusion control and ultra-long reverb tail. Features • Next-generation Apollo A/D and D/A conversion for professional music production
• 16 x 16 analog I/O via DB-25 connectors — ideal for pairing with mixing consoles, outboard preamps, etc.
• Onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP allows Realtime UAD Processing
• 18 x 20 Thunderbolt 2 audio interface for Mac with powerful Console 2.0 software control
• Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt (Mac)
• Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle
• World class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
• Sample rates up to 192 kHz at 24-bit word length
• 16 x 18 simultaneous input/output channels:
- 16 channels of analog-to-digital conversion via line inputs on dual DB25 connectors
- 18 channels of digital-to-analog conversion:
+ 16 line outputs via dual DB25 connectors
+ Stereo monitor outputs via dual XLR connectors
• Adjustable reference levels for all analog I/O (+4 dBu or -10 dBV)
• Two channels of AES/EBU digital I/O with optional sample rate conversion on input
• Front panel pre-fader metering of analog signal input or output levels
• Two Thunderbolt 2 ports for daisy-chaining other Thunderbolt devices
• Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt (Mac)
• Independently-addressable stereo monitor outputs (in addition to 16 line outputs)
• Digitally-controlled analog monitor outputs maintains highest fidelity
• Front panel control of monitor levels and muting
• Front panel pre-fader metering of monitor bus levels
• Digital AES/EBU outputs can mirror the analog monitor outputs
UAD-2 QUAD Inside
• Four SHARC® DSP processors
• Realtime UAD Processing on all of Apollo 16’s analog and AES/EBU inputs
• Same features and functionality as other UAD-2 products when used with DAW
• Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices for increased mixing DSP
• Complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library is available online
• Console application:
- Analog-style control interface for realtime monitoring and tracking
- Enables Realtime UAD Powered Plug-Ins processing
- Remote control of Apollo 16 mkII features and functionality
- Virtual I/O for routing DAW tracks through Console
• Console Recall plug-in:
- Saves Apollo configurations inside DAW sessions for easy recal
- Convenient access to Console’s monitor controls via DAW plug-in
- VST, RTAS, AAX 64, and Audio Units plug-in formats
• UAD Meter & Control Panel application:
- Configures global UAD-2 and Powered Plug-Ins settings and monitors system usage
- Easy firmware updates
- 1U rack-mountable form factor
UAD Powered Plug-Ins version 8
• Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
• Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, 10.9.x Mavericks, or 10.10.x Yosemite
• 4 gigabytes available disk space
• Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
• Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
• Thunderbolt cable (Not included,sold separately)
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months