Universal Audio 4-710d Tone-Blending Mic Preamp + Free UAD-2 Quad
Universal Audio 4-710d Tone-Blending Mic Preamp : Four TEC 710 Twin-Finity Mic Pres
By DPD On 21st Nov 2018
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Classic tube and solid-state tones with 1176-style compression and professional A/D conversion.
By merging the best of UA’s classic analog design with smart modern features and workflow enhancements, the 4-710d is the most flexible microphone preamp in the UA lineup.
Featuring four high-end mic/line preamps with a unique tube/solid-state tone blending circuit, as well as classic 1176-style compression on each mic channel, the 4-710d also offers tons of digital I/O to expand your setup.
Now You Can:
• Track through meticulously designed UA mic preamp circuitry
• Blend tube and solid-state textures for tons of flexibility
• Harness classic 1176-style compression on each mic channel
• Add 8 inputs to any Apollo interface via ADAT optical connection
• Process signals via Send and Return jacks for each channel
Bring your mic collection to life with wide range of UA preamp tones
At the core of the 4-710d are four channels of tone-blending “Twin-Finity” mic preamps. Each channel offers 100% tube and 100% solid-state signal path, as well as the ability to continuously blend between the two circuits. This gives you tons of textures — from creamy to crunchy — and lets you dial in the perfect amount of tube grit or solid-state sheen.
A Legendary Compression CircuitEach of the 4-710d’s four channels features true-bypass 1176-style compression, including specially tuned "fast" and "slow" settings. This enables quick, on-the-fly tweaking for fattening up a vocal, hold a bass guitar in place, or for adding sizzle and texture to synths and horns.
Add Inputs and Professional A/D ConversionWith eight analog inputs, the 4-710d is perfect for expanding your studio. Digitized via ultra high-quality 24-bit A/D converters at selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz, the 4-710d easily connects to most interfaces with its dual ADAT optical or AES/EBU DB-25 connectors.
Garrett "Jacknife" Lee (R.E.M., The Cars)
"The 4-710d is one of the smartest mic pres around, it’s cleverly designed and fun to use. I use it on guitars, drums all the time because I love the drive I get off it.”
Chris Dugan (Green Day, Smash Mouth, Iggy Pop)
"[the 4-710d] is a whole racks worth of gear in one small box. Four big sounding mic pre's, four 1176's, eight channels of A/D conversion, big UA warm sound."
Rik Simpson (Coldplay)
"I've been using the [4-710d] on loads of different sources. It adds a real sense of depth and originality and I love how you can the control the harmonic distortion to fall anywhere between super clean to fuzzy and warm."
Jon Thornton - Resolution Magazine
"Well laid out; flexible metering; wide tonal palette; well thought out digital I/O; quick, easy and very useable compressors; good range of I/O permutations..."
Robbie Stamp - Future Music
"The [4-710d] presents the analogue signal path quality that UA are synonymous with in a recording front end package that is surprisingly flexible."
Manual Features Preamplifiers
• Four TEC Award-winning 710 Twin-Finity™ microphone/line preamps, each featuring:
• Dual-path 285-volt Class-A tube and transimpedance solid-state preamps
• Phase-aligned tone-blending of tube and solid state circuits, creamy to crunchy
• Newly designed 1176-style compression circuit per preamp channel
• JFET Direct Input with 2.2MO ultra Hi-Z impedance w/auto input override
• Large backlit VU meters for flexible metering of input drive, gain level, and gain reduction
• Balanced send/return inserts (half-normalled)
• 48V phantom power
• 75 Hz low cut filter
• Polarity switch
• Monolithic balanced output stage
• Eight channels of high quality 24-bit A/D conversion:
• Selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz
• Digital output via dual ADAT optical and AES/EBU DB-25 connectors
• 8-channel soft limiter (switchable for all channels)
• Ultra-low jitter clock subsystem
• LED metering array with clip/hold indicators
• 75O BNC work clock I/O
• Digital outputs anti-pop protection on power-up
• Universal voltage internal power supply
• Heavy-duty metal construction, two-space rack unit
• One year warranty including parts and labor
|Sample Rate||192 kHz|
|Frequency Response (Input)||N/A|
|Frequency Response (Output)||N/A|
|Maximum Input Level||N/A|
|Maximum Output Level|
|Misc. Notes||Additional I/O: 2x ADAT Out, 4x Send+Return|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months