The Universal Audio 4-710d Four-Channel Tone-Blending Mic Preamp combines the warm, retro tone of a tube preamp with the crisp clarity of solid state. And the UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator is a workhorse of modern mixing, giving you unrestricted access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins on your Mac and PC.
After purchase, redeem HERE *Details and Limitations
Offer valid for customers who purchase a 4-710d Mic Preamp new from an authorized UA retailer between July 1st and September 30th, 2016. Offer provides customers’ choice of one UAD-2 QUAD Core PCIe card or one UAD-2 Satellite QUAD (Thunderbolt or FireWire) unit per 4-710d purchased within the promotional period. Note: UAD-2 Satellite USB units are not available as part of this promotion.Classic tube and solid-state tones with 1176-style compression and professional A/D conversion.
By merging the best of UA’s classic analog design with smart modern features and workflow enhancements, the 4-710d is the most flexible microphone preamp in the UA lineup.
Featuring four high-end mic/line preamps with a unique tube/solid-state tone blending circuit, as well as classic 1176-style compression on each mic channel, the 4-710d also offers tons of digital I/O to expand your setup.Now You Can:
• Track through meticulously designed UA mic preamp circuitry
• Blend tube and solid-state textures for tons of flexibility
• Harness classic 1176-style compression on each mic channel
• Add 8 inputs to any Apollo interface via ADAT optical connection
• Process signals via Send and Return jacks for each channelBring your mic collection to life with wide range of UA preamp tones
At the core of the 4-710d are four channels of tone-blending “Twin-Finity” mic preamps. Each channel offers 100% tube and 100% solid-state signal path, as well as the ability to continuously blend between the two circuits. This gives you tons of textures — from creamy to crunchy — and lets you dial in the perfect amount of tube grit or solid-state sheen.
A Legendary Compression CircuitEach of the 4-710d’s four channels features true-bypass 1176-style compression, including specially tuned "fast" and "slow" settings. This enables quick, on-the-fly tweaking for fattening up a vocal, hold a bass guitar in place, or for adding sizzle and texture to synths and horns.
Add Inputs and Professional A/D ConversionWith eight analog inputs, the 4-710d is perfect for expanding your studio. Digitized via ultra high-quality 24-bit A/D converters at selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz, the 4-710d easily connects to most interfaces with its dual ADAT optical or AES/EBU DB-25 connectors. Garrett "Jacknife" Lee (R.E.M., The Cars)"The 4-710d is one of the smartest mic pres around, it’s cleverly designed and fun to use. I use it on guitars, drums all the time because I love the drive I get off it.”Chris Dugan (Green Day, Smash Mouth, Iggy Pop)"[the 4-710d] is a whole racks worth of gear in one small box. Four big sounding mic pre's, four 1176's, eight channels of A/D conversion, big UA warm sound."Rik Simpson (Coldplay)"I've been using the [4-710d] on loads of different sources. It adds a real sense of depth and originality and I love how you can the control the harmonic distortion to fall anywhere between super clean to fuzzy and warm."Jon Thornton - Resolution Magazine"Well laid out; flexible metering; wide tonal palette; well thought out digital I/O; quick, easy and very useable compressors; good range of I/O permutations..."Robbie Stamp - Future Music"The [4-710d] presents the analogue signal path quality that UA are synonymous with in a recording front end package that is surprisingly flexible."
• Four TEC Award-winning 710 Twin-Finity™ microphone/line preamps, each featuring:
• Dual-path 285-volt Class-A tube and transimpedance solid-state preamps
• Phase-aligned tone-blending of tube and solid state circuits, creamy to crunchy
• Newly designed 1176-style compression circuit per preamp channel
• JFET Direct Input with 2.2MO ultra Hi-Z impedance w/auto input override
• Large backlit VU meters for flexible metering of input drive, gain level, and gain reduction
• Balanced send/return inserts (half-normalled)
• 48V phantom power
• 75 Hz low cut filter
• Polarity switch
• Monolithic balanced output stageAnalog-to-Digital Conversion
• Eight channels of high quality 24-bit A/D conversion:
• Selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz
• Digital output via dual ADAT optical and AES/EBU DB-25 connectors
• 8-channel soft limiter (switchable for all channels)
• Ultra-low jitter clock subsystem
• LED metering array with clip/hold indicators
• 75O BNC work clock I/O
• Digital outputs anti-pop protection on power-upOther
• Universal voltage internal power supply
• Heavy-duty metal construction, two-space rack unit
• One year warranty including parts and labor