TYAN FT77D-B7109 Thunder HX 8 GPU 4U Barebone Dual Xeon Server
TYAN Thunder HX FT77D-B7109 B7109F77DV14HR-2T-N, Barebone Dual Root Complex 4U 8GPU Server, 2x s3647, 14x 2.5" SATA Bay
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
The Thunder HX FT77D-B7109 is the fifth generation of Tyan's 4U 8GPU server platform based on the new Intel Xeon Scalable Processor Family. It builds upon the success of previous generations by adding additional features that our customers have asked for over the years. These enhancements include support for an internal storage mezzanine slot, allowing the deployment of SAS drives without consuming precious PCIe slots in the rear that would otherwise be used by GPU cards. Tyan's engineers also found additional space next to the 8 GPU cards in the server for a 9th PCIe x16 slot, ideal for high speed networking or NVMe retimer deployment.
As a dual root complex GPU server, the B7109 deploys a pair of Xeon Scalable Processors with an even split of GPU cards between the two. The motherboard deploys a set of four PLX PEX8747 PCIe switch chips to provide the connectivity for the 8 GPU card slots. The B7109F77DV14HR-2T-NF SKU adds support for Xeon processors with integrated Intel Omni-Path 100 gigabit networking fabric.
Compatible with the Intel Xeon Scalable Processor Family
The new Xeon Scalable Processor is Intel's largest advancement in a decade and brings many new features and capabilities:
• Up to 28 CPU cores per socket.
• 50% Increased memory bandwidth with 6 memory channels per socket.
• Memory speeds up to DDR4-2667 (depending on CPU SKU).
• No slowdown in memory speed when deploying 2 DIMMs per channel.
• Increased PCIe connectivity to 48 PCIe Gen3.0 lanes per CPU socket.
• Optional Integrated Intel Omni-Path Architecture Host Fabric Interface.
• Native support for up to 14 SATA ports.
• New Ultra Path Interconnect.
• New Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (AVX-512).
Support for 8 GPUs + Single-Wide x16 Slot
The new Xeon Scalable Processor Family increases the amount of PCIe lanes available in a system. The FT77D-B7109 takes full advantage of this and increases total expansion capability from its predecessor, adding a 17th slot to the rear of the chassis. This allows a single-wide x16 card to be installed next to a full complement of 8 double-wide GPU cards, and is ideal for NVME deployment or high speed networking like 100 Gigabit EDR Infiniband, 100 Gigabit Ethernet, or 100 Gigabit Intel Omni-Path fabric.
Optional Integrated Intel® Omni-Path Architecture (Intel® OPA) Host Fabric Interface
The FT77D-B7109 has optional support for the Intel Xeon Scalable Processor Family’s newest member, the Skylake-F CPU with integrated 100 Gigabit Omni-Path networking fabric. The B7109F77DV14HR-2T-NF SKU supports dual socket SKL-F CPUs for a total of 200Gb/s fabric connectivity.
Integrated Intel® Omni-Path Architecture (Intel® OPA) Host Fabric Interface is an end-to-end high-bandwidth, low-latency fabric that features optimized performance and eases the deployment of HPC clusters.
Native Active/Passive GPU Support
The mechanical design of the FT77D chassis allows expansion cards to fully utilize the 4U enclosure, allowing the FT77D-B7109 to deploy the widest range of accelerator cards in the industry without requiring a specialized domed lid for the power connectors of active GPU cards.
Internal PCIe x8 Storage Mezzanine
Tyan’s FT77D-B7109 features a new internal storage mezzanine slot, allowing customers to deploy SAS IOC, SAS RAID, or x8 NVMe risers. This allows customers to run any combination of 14x 2.5” SATA drives, up to 8 SAS drives, and up to 2 NVMe devices without consuming any expansion slots in the rear of the server.
IPMI 2.0 with Redfish Support
Featuring AMI Megarac firmware, the FT77D-B7109 server barebones offers support for IPMI 2.0 with iKVM and the DMTF Redfish management protocol.
• High Performance GPU frameworks.
• Oil & Gas Discovery.
• Particle Physics.
• Genetic Sequencing.
• Cryptocurrency Mining.
• Large Scale Facial Recognition. Features • Dual root complex 8 GPU server with high CPU to GPU bandwidth for cryptography, particle physics, genetic algorithm, and other embarrassingly parallel workload.
• Intel Xeon® Scalable Processor w/ TDP up to 205W:
- Optional dual socket 100Gb/s Skylake-F Omni-Path fabric CPU support.
- Intel® C621 PCH (LBG-1G) + (4) PLX PEX8747 PCIe Switches.
- (12+12) DDR4 DIMM slots (6 memory channels per CPU).
- Supporting up to 1,536GB RDIMM/LRDIMM 2666 memory.
• PCI Expansion Slots:
- (8) Double-Wide PCIe x16 slots with [BOM option for (16) x8].
- (1) Single-Wide PCIe x16 slot (Not available in NVMe SKU – Used by M2093).
- (2) 10GBASE-T ports (Intel® X550) (Can support NCSI shared IPMI Port).
- (1) 1000Base-T Dedicated IPMI Port (Realtek RTL8211E-VB-CG PHY).
- (1) PCIe x8 LAN/Infiniband Mezzanine Card slot.
- (14) hot-swap 2.5” SATA/SAS 12G HDDs (Intel RSTe 5.0).
- (4) Optional U.2 NVMe bays (Derived from PCIe x16 slot using M2093 riser).
- (1) PCIe x8 Storage Mezzanine Card slot.
• AST2500 BMC with iKVM, IPMI, and Redfish support.
• (2+1) 3,200W hot-swap RPSU @220V, 80+ Platinum.
• Dimensions: H176mm x W438mm x D770mm (30.3”).
|Edition||Tyan Thunder HX FT77DB7109|
|Form Factor||4U Rackmount|
|CPU Type||Intel Xeon Scalable Processors|
|No. of Threads||N/A|
|CPU Cooler||Not Included, Sold Separately|
|CPU Socket||3647 x2|
|Motherboard Form Factor||Bespoke/Custom|
|Memory Capacity Included||N/A|
|Memory Channels||Hex (6) per CPU/Socket|
|Memory Type (ECC)|
|Memory Type (R/U)||RDIMM / RDIMM 3DS / LRDIMM / LRDIMM 3DS|
|Memory Speed (Mhz)||DDR4 - 2666|
|Max. Memory Capacity||3072GB|
|Processor/Motherboard Graphics Chip||Aspeed AST2500 Integrated|
|Discrete GPU Chipset|
|GPU Manufacturing Process|
|GPU Cores/Streams/Execution Units|
|GPU Tensor Cores||N/A|
|Base GPU Speed||N/A|
|Max. GPU Speed||N/A|
|GPU Memory Size|
|GPU Memory Type|
|GPU Memory Clock|
|GPU Memory Bus|
|Discrete GPU Cooler|
|Max. GPU Resolution||1920x1080 (Full HD)|
|Graphics Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|HDD Storage Included||No|
|HDD Storage Type|
|HDD Storage Capacity||N/A|
|Drive Bays||14 x 2.5" External SATA3 Hot-Swap|
|RAID Support||RAID 0/1/10/5 (Intel RSTe)|
|Network Interface Type||
|Cooling Fans||6 x 120mm|
|Keyboard / Mouse Included||No|
|Remote Control Included||No|
|PSU Wattage||2000 W|
|PSU Efficiency Rating||80 PLUS Platinum|
|Operating System Included||No|
|Operating System||O/S Not Included - Please Buy Separately|
|Dimensions||438 x 176 x 770 (mm WxHxD)|
|SSD Storage Included||No|
|SSD Storage Type|
|SSD Storage Capacity|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited