TP-LINK Archer D2 WiFi Gigabit ADSL2+ Router
802.11ac - The Next Generation of Wi-Fi
TP-LINK’s Archer D2 comes with the next generation Wi-Fi standard – 802.11ac, backward compatible with 802.11n and 3 times faster than wireless N speeds. With higher power efficiency and robust security, 802.11ac is the perfect way to accelerate a home multimedia network and solve congestion that multiple devices may cause.
750Mbps Concurrent Dual Band - More Bandwidth, Less Interference
With 433Mbps wireless speeds over the crystal clear 5GHz band and 300Mbps over the 2.4GHz band, Archer D2 offers you the flexibility of two dedicated networks and ensures amazing wireless performance. Simple tasks such as sending e-mails or web browsing can be handled by the 2.4GHz band while bandwidth intensive tasks like online gaming or HD video streaming can be processed by the 5GHz band – all at the same time.
Broad Wi-Fi Coverage and Targeted Connection
Featuring three detachable external antennas and high power amplifiers, Archer D2 is able to boost Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home. Advanced Beamforming technology enables Archer D2 to focus WiFi signal to connected devices, delivering a more targeted and highly efficient wireless connection.
Full Gigabit Wired Connections - Ultrafast Data Transfer Speeds
With one Gigabit LAN/WAN port and 3 Gigabit LAN ports, the Archer D2 is the ideal choice for bandwidth heavy users that rely on speedy, reliable connections for bandwidth intensive work or entertainment such as lag-free conference calls, HD video streaming or online gaming.
Multifunctional USB Port – Easy Storage and Sharing
Using the Archer D2’s multi-functional USB 2.0 port, you can share a printer with multiple computers and devices on your network and can also share files & media at home or via the FTP server while away from home.
Interchangeable LAN/WAN Port - Versatile Connectivity
The Archer D2 supports ADSL or Ethernet WAN connections (EWAN), which allows users to have the flexibility of different Internet connections among ADSL, cable or fiber modem using its interchangeable LAN/WAN port. This unique feature makes it easier when users need to change to fiber or cable services when necessary.
Included in the resource CD, TP-LINK's optimized configuration utility can help you complete the entire software installation and wireless network settings in just a few minutes. It’s worth mentioning that with built-in intelligent auto-detection, Archer D2 is capable of automatically figuring out which connection type to use in a flash, saving you the trouble of searching for your connection information type and speeding up the setup process.
Guest Network Access provides secure Wi-Fi access for guests sharing your home or office network in a controlled manner without needing to expose private Wi-Fi access codes or other personal data.
Archer D2 supports IPv6, which is the foundation of the next generation of the Internet and enables a range of new services and improved user experience.
More information can be found in the PDF below:
Features Wireless and Wired Performance
• Supports 802.11ac - The next generation of Wi-Fi, compatible with 802.11n
• Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300Mbps and 5GHz 433Mbps connections for 750Mbps of total available bandwidth
• 3 dual band detachable external antennas and high power amplifiers provide stable signals and optimal wireless coverage
• Beamforming Technology brings a more targeted and highly efficient Wi-Fi connection
• Share a printer locally and files & media with networked devices or remotely via FTP server
• Full Gigabit ports ensure ultrafast data transfer speeds
• Ethernet WAN (EWAN) offers another broadband connectivity option for connecting VDSL, cable or fiber modems
Control and Security
• Guest Network Access provides secure Wi-Fi access for guests sharing your home or office network
• Parental Controls allow parents or administrators to establish restricted access policies for children or staff
• IP-based Bandwidth Control makes it easier for you to manage the bandwidth of devices connected to the router
• SPI and NAT firewall protects end-user devices from potential attacks from the Internet
• WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK encryptions provide user networks with active defense against security threats
Ease of Use
• Easy one-touch WPA wireless security encryption with the WPS button
• Wi-Fi On/Off Button allows users to turn their wireless radio on or off
• Easy Setup Assistant with multi-language support provides a quick & hassle free installation process
• Built-in intelligent auto-detection automatically figures out which connection type to use in a flash
• IPv6 supported, meeting the demands for the next generation of the Internet
|Number of WAN Connections||1|
|Number of LAN Connections||3|
|Wireless Speed||750 Mbps|
|Wireless Band||Dual Band|
|Aprox Wireless Range (m)||N/A|
|Wireless Transmitter Power||<20dBm(EIRP)|
|Antenna||2x Detachable External Antennas|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- 0845 147 0017
UK Users Tel:
0845 147 0017
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Procedures in Detail
Step 1: Contact us through our Technical Support Line 0845 147 0017 (UK) or 0818 229 000 (Ireland), a representative will help you with remote troubleshooting. If the product is judged to be defective, the representative will provide you with a unique RMA number. Customer contact and product info will be requested during this process.
Step 2: An email explaining the RMA process will be sent from TP-LINK UK.
Step 3: Send defective product, purchase receipt along with RMA number to TP-LINK.
Note: Customers are responsible for the shipping fee in Step 3.
Step 4) Once the defective product is received, TP-LINK UK Limited will send back a replacement and inform customer of the tracking number. The warranty starts from the purchase date of your original unit and lasts for 2+1 years on SOHO products regardless of how many replacements are made.
Note: TP-LINK UK Limited will pay the one way shipping fee in Step 4
PLEASE NOTE: If you register your product with TP-LINK then you can enjoy a free 3rd year warranty.
Sign in portal http://warranty.uk.tp-link.com/SignIn.aspx
Warranty information http://uk.tp-link.com/rma.html
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
Home networking let’s you do great things that aren’t possible with standalone PCs. Printers can be shared between PC, so there’s no need to buy one for each machine.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
On the surface we’re asking a relatively simple question here: "What do I need to get my broadband Internet working?" Of course, it’s not quite as simple as that. Worry not, however, for this TekSpek covers both the differences between the two popular kinds of broadband and what you’ll need to get your home computer(s) connected up.
Date Issued: 19th Jun 2008
WiFi is a wonderful thing. You can take your laptop anywhere in your house and access the Internet, or access your network from the garden. However, it does introduce the grim possibility of somebody else doing exactly the same, without you ever knowing. This guide seeks to make you aware of various security terms and ideas associated with wireless networking and what you should consider when setting up a wireless network.
Date Issued: 26th Oct 2006
As a growing number of homes contain more than one computer, their users must find ways to network them. The primary purpose for creating a home network tends to be to provide Internet access to all computers within the house. There are other good reasons, however. These include enabling LAN gaming, data backups from one machine to another and the sharing of music within the home.