At the heart of our workflow, the :pulse is a timecode and metadata hub, and device control centre. Offering sync and control in one device, it’s made for multicamera shoots.The mini base station
Providing flawless sync and remote device control in one compact product, the :pulse is Timecode Systems’ most sophisticated workflow solution yet. In its simplest form, the :pulse is a highly accurate timecode, genlock and word clock generator with an integrated RF transceiver and simultaneous Wi-Fi. But it does much more. The addition of an ethernet port combined with the power of the BLINK protocol, creates a powerful hub for not only timecode and metadata exchange, but also for wirelessly controlling devices on multi-camera shoots.
In a multi-camera or VR environment, having this level of central control of all of the timecode, camera and audio devices on set means the :pulse can considerably streamline the production workflow, saving time and money at the point of shooting and in post-production.Wireless device control
Use the :pulse to connect to the BLINK Hub production dashboard, to unlock the advanced capability to view, monitor and control Timecode Systems’ BLINK enabled devices and compatible camera and audio devices (e.g. GoPro HERO4 Black and Silver cameras and Sound Devices 6-Series mixer/recorders) from any smartphone, tablet or computer.
Users can hit record, pause the action, monitor battery levels and keep a close eye on sync status, conveniently from a simple dashboard accessed from any smartphone (iOS or Android), tablet or Mac computer over Wi-Fi, or through a wired ethernet connection into the :pulse.User friendly featuresBLINK RF:
Synchronisation between units is via BLINK RF – a wireless long-range sync, control and metadata exchange protocol operating in the uncongested range of 865MHz to 923MHz. This ensures complete reliability, wherever you are, and zero drift between units even on a long and complicated shoot day.Compact & versatile:
The :pulse is small (94mm x 67mm x 23mm), has a solid aluminium casing and features a high resolution blue OLED display, flexible mounting methods and multiple powering options (5V micro USB connector, LEMO2 9-36V DC plus internal back up battery).Battery back-up:
The large capacity Li-Polymer internal battery is constantly charged from any power input and is designed to run the unit for a minimum of 3-4 hours with RF, Wi-Fi and Ethernet switched on, making it perfect for camera battery swaps or location moves.More information can be found in the User Manual below: Features
• Highly accurate timecode, genlock and word clock generator.
• BLINK enabled master or slave.
• Zero drift between units using long range BLINK RF.
• Simultaneous RF, Wi-Fi, Ethernet & DATA port connectivity.
• Multicamera wireless monitor & control via BLINK Hub.Technical Specifications
• External dimensions: 94mm x 67mm x 23mm
• Weight: 230g
• Blue OLED display: 128 x 32 pixel resolution
• Supported FPS modes: 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 29.97DF, 30DF
• T/C input: LEMO 5 connector
• Wired connectivity: Ethernet, USB, UART, RS232, RS422, LANC
• Frequency: 865MHz-923MHz, Worldwide ISM bands. 2.4GHz 802.11g Wi-Fi
• Power: Backup Li Polymer rechargeable battery with 3-4 hours min operation, 5V micro USB connector, LEMO2 9-36V DC
• T/C outputs: Three Buffered outputs on BNC, LEMO 5 and separate LEMO 9 connectors. Selectable MIC or LINE output level on LEMO5
• Output sync modes: PAL, NTSC, 720p, 720p double frame, 1080i, 1080p, 1080p double frame, Word Clock 44.1, 48.2, 48, 96, 192 KHz
• Output video sync: 1V pp / 75 ohm or 1V pp /37.5ohm for ‘High Level Genlock’ mode (3D camera rigs)