When businesses need access to their data, they need it fast. The i5500 comes with in Intel® Xscale IOP80331 CPU and 512MB of DDR memory under the hood. This enables the i5500 to deliver incredible iSCSI performance – up to twice the performance of its predecessor the N5200 PRO! With block level data transmission over regular Ethernet, businesses can forget the prohibitive costs of implementing a fiber channel network altogether.
The i5500 comes with five hot-swappable SATA drive bays that accommodate up to 5TB of storage. A wide selection of RAID modes including RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 10, and JBOD as well as instant RAID volume availability, auto volume rebuilding, and support for up to 256 logical volumes offers unbeatable flexibility. And because downtime equals lost revenue, the i5500 also features online RAID expansion allowing businesses to increase their storage capacity without taking down their system. With the i5500 businesses can rest easy knowing they can access their data at all times.Click Here for HDD Compatibilty List
• Front-end 2 GbE TCP/IP offload device
• CHAP enabled
• On-line volume migration
• HDD S.M.A.R.T. enabled
• Global/dedicated cache configurable by volume
• Performance in i5500 for single channel is over 90MB/s and dual channels are close to 190MB/s.
• More flexibility can slice logical volume to 256 pieces.
• Logical unit number support to allow varies access privilege from different host. Data Sheet