Continuing our legacy and passion for audio, the US-20x20 (twenty-by-twenty) is the flagship of the Tascam line of interfaces. Designed for use in professional recording facilities or project studios, this audio interface supports 192 kHz and utilizes USB 3.0, a leading-edge transmission standard. With added features such as Mic Preamp Mode and Mixer Mode, it becomes a very versatile tool – along with being an interface for multi-channel recording.
Microphone preamplifiers are crucial for highest audio quality. The eight Tascam Ultra-HDDA mic preamps have an equivalent input noise (EIN) of –125 dBu. And 20 dB of headroom on the microphone and line inputs allow to easily handle high SPL transients from percussion and instruments.
Utilizing a high-performance Blackfin processor, the US-20x20 offers an advanced DSP mixer including EQ, compression and reverb effects on each channel. The processor not only excels on the dynamics and effects, but enables multi-channel transmission via USB 3.0 for the studio.
Additional significant features enable the seamless workflow of the professional engineer. Mode switching provides the options of using the US-20x20 as a standalone mic preamp, an audio interface, or as a mixer for sound reinforcement applications.
Complete connectivity to various types of audio equipment is achieved by utilizing the analogue inputs and outputs, digital input and output via coaxial and optical connectors, MIDI, and word clock BNC connectors.
The radical eye-catching style and angled industrial design of the US-20x20 make desktop recording a breeze. A rack-mount adapter is also included.
Ultra-HDDA mic preamps provide pristine audio quality
Tascam US-20x20Our original Ultra-HDDA mic preamps allow you to input high-quality audio from any audio source just by turning a knob. These are the same mic preamps that are in our HS-P82 professional recorders, which are popular in the broadcast and film industry. These versatile preamps can handle both condenser and dynamic mics, and will allow you to enjoy high-quality recording even if you are not an expert. These versatile preamps also feature line-level inputs for keyboards and other equipment.
• Built-in Ultra-HDDA mic preamps have discrete construction that achieve –125 dBu EIN (Equivalent Input Noise)
• Guitars can be directly connected enabling the use of 3rd-party plug-in effects
• Wide dynamic range that can handle the sound pressures of drum recording easily
20 inputs and 20 outputs for versatility in many recording applications
With eight XLR/TRS inputs, two TRS inputs, multi-channel digital inputs via S/PDIF coaxial, and optical digital connectors, a total of 20 simultaneous inputs is possible when operating at 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz. As with the inputs, 20 simultaneous outputs is possible at 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz utilizing the ten TRS outputs, S/PDIF coaxial and optical digital outputs. The optical input/output support S/MUX2 and S/MUX4 - required for high sampling rates. Using two US-20x20 and the optical digital connections, it is possible to configure a 16-microphone recording system.
Note: When operating at 88.2 kHz or 96 kHz, up to 16 inputs and 16 outputs are possible. When operating at 176.4 kHz or 192 kHz, up to 12 inputs and 12 outputs are possible.
• Eight XLR/TRS inputs with +48 V phantom power and two TRS inputs switchable between –10 dB and +4 dB
• S/PDIF coaxial input/output enables connection with an external AD/DA converter
• Word input/output enables connection with an external clock generator
Three switchable modes - Interface, Mic Preamp and Mixer
The versatile US-20x20 is an Interface for multitrack recording using a personal computer and DAW, a standalone mic preamp, or a mixer for live performances.
• Mic preamp mode enabling use as a microphone preamplifier for analogue/digital output
• Mixer mode enabling use for PA/SR and use as a keyboard mixer
Advanced DSP mixer paired with a new USB driver
An obstacle with computer-based recording is latency (delayed audio signals). New driver software has been developed to eliminate latency issues and driver setup problems. The built-in mixer utilizes the high-performance Dual Core BlackFin DSP making it possible to offer 4-band EQ and compression on each channel.
Note: When operating at 176.4 kHz or 192 kHz, the effects (EQ, compression, phase and reverb) of the DSP mixer cannot be used.
• High-resolution recording at up to 192 kHz/24 bit
• USB 3.0 computer connection, a leading-edge transmission standard
• Advanced DSP mixer with 4-band equalizer and compressor on each channel
• Reverb effect for monitoring enhances the performer’s motivation
• Driver software can be installed without connecting the interface
Support for iOS devices and compatibility with many DAW applications
Tascam US-20x20You will not need another audio interface if you decide you want to make music using an iPad or other iOS device. The performance of these interfaces has been tested with major DAWs - you can continue to use them even if you change DAW software. Since these units include MIDI inputs and outputs, they can also be used as MIDI interfaces.
• Connect with an iPad or another iOS device
• Tested with Sonar, Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, Studio One and GarageBand
• MIDI input and output enable connection with keyboards and other MIDI devices
Rackmount adapters and hex keys are included
Tascam US-20x20You can either utilize the brackets for rackmount installations or unscrew the brackets with the hex keys provided when using on a desktop.
• High-quality Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) microphone pre-amps with ultra-low noise (EIN: –125 dBu)
• Recording at up to 192 kHz/24 bit
• Support for Windows and Mac operating systems
• USB 3.0 computer connection for 40-channel audio transmission at 44.1/48 kHz or 24-channel audio transmission at 176.4/192 kHz
- 20 inputs/20 outputs available at 44.1/48 kHz/24 bit (10 analogue channels + 2 digital S/PDIF channels + 8 optical channels)
- 16 inputs/16 outputs available at 88.2/96 kHz/24 bit (10 analogue channels + 2 digital S/PDIF channels + 4 S/MUX optical channels)
- 12 inputs/12 outputs available at 176.4/192 kHz/24 bit (10 analogue channels + 2 digital S/PDIF channels)
• Three selectable operation modes: audio interface, standalone micpreamp, digital mixer
• DSP mixer with 4-band EQ and compression on each input channel (can be used in
• Interface/Mixer mode)
• Patch bay allows outputs to be assigned freely (can be used in Interface/Mixer mode)
• DSP mixer settings can be stored in up to 10 scenes
• USB Audio Compliance 2.0 for iPads and other iOS devices
• Reverb effect can be added to the monitored audio
• Low-latency monitoring via the DSP mixer
Inputs and outputs
• Eight XLR/TRS combo jack analogue inputs with switchable phantom power (48 V)
• Inputs 1 and 2 can be used for direct guitar input
• Two TRS (balanced) inputs on rear panel
• Input level range of 56 dB for using dynamic mics
• Ten TRS (balanced) analogue outputs
• TOS LINK optical digital multi-channel input and output (8 channels at 44.1/48 kHz, supporting S/MUX2 and S/MUX4)
• S/PDIF coaxial digital input and output
• BNC word clock input and output
• Two standard TRS headphones outputs with 2 x 70 mW output power
• Separate controls for line and headphones output levels
• MIDI input/output
• DAW compatibility (Sonar, ProTools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Garage Band)
• Rack-mount adapter included
• Dedicated AC adapter included
• Angled industrial design provides excellent usability on a desktop
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as Tascam US20X20 - USB 3.0, 192 kHz, 24 Bit, 8 Mic Pre's, 8 / 8 Analogue I/O, ADAT I/O . Please choose from the list below.