TASCAM US-20x20 Audio Interface
Tascam US20X20 - USB 3.0, 192 kHz, 24 Bit, 8 Mic Pre's, 8 / 8 Analogue I/O, ADAT I/O
By DPD On 23rd Oct 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Microphone preamplifiers are crucial for highest audio quality. The eight Tascam Ultra-HDDA mic preamps have an equivalent input noise (EIN) of –125 dBu. And 20 dB of headroom on the microphone and line inputs allow to easily handle high SPL transients from percussion and instruments.
Utilizing a high-performance Blackfin processor, the US-20x20 offers an advanced DSP mixer including EQ, compression and reverb effects on each channel. The processor not only excels on the dynamics and effects, but enables multi-channel transmission via USB 3.0 for the studio.
Additional significant features enable the seamless workflow of the professional engineer. Mode switching provides the options of using the US-20x20 as a standalone mic preamp, an audio interface, or as a mixer for sound reinforcement applications.
Complete connectivity to various types of audio equipment is achieved by utilizing the analogue inputs and outputs, digital input and output via coaxial and optical connectors, MIDI, and word clock BNC connectors.
The radical eye-catching style and angled industrial design of the US-20x20 make desktop recording a breeze. A rack-mount adapter is also included.
Ultra-HDDA mic preamps provide pristine audio quality
Tascam US-20x20Our original Ultra-HDDA mic preamps allow you to input high-quality audio from any audio source just by turning a knob. These are the same mic preamps that are in our HS-P82 professional recorders, which are popular in the broadcast and film industry. These versatile preamps can handle both condenser and dynamic mics, and will allow you to enjoy high-quality recording even if you are not an expert. These versatile preamps also feature line-level inputs for keyboards and other equipment.
• Built-in Ultra-HDDA mic preamps have discrete construction that achieve –125 dBu EIN (Equivalent Input Noise)
• Guitars can be directly connected enabling the use of 3rd-party plug-in effects
• Wide dynamic range that can handle the sound pressures of drum recording easily
20 inputs and 20 outputs for versatility in many recording applications
With eight XLR/TRS inputs, two TRS inputs, multi-channel digital inputs via S/PDIF coaxial, and optical digital connectors, a total of 20 simultaneous inputs is possible when operating at 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz. As with the inputs, 20 simultaneous outputs is possible at 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz utilizing the ten TRS outputs, S/PDIF coaxial and optical digital outputs. The optical input/output support S/MUX2 and S/MUX4 - required for high sampling rates. Using two US-20x20 and the optical digital connections, it is possible to configure a 16-microphone recording system.
Note: When operating at 88.2 kHz or 96 kHz, up to 16 inputs and 16 outputs are possible. When operating at 176.4 kHz or 192 kHz, up to 12 inputs and 12 outputs are possible.
• Eight XLR/TRS inputs with +48 V phantom power and two TRS inputs switchable between –10 dB and +4 dB
• S/PDIF coaxial input/output enables connection with an external AD/DA converter
• Word input/output enables connection with an external clock generator
Three switchable modes - Interface, Mic Preamp and Mixer
The versatile US-20x20 is an Interface for multitrack recording using a personal computer and DAW, a standalone mic preamp, or a mixer for live performances.
• Mic preamp mode enabling use as a microphone preamplifier for analogue/digital output
• Mixer mode enabling use for PA/SR and use as a keyboard mixer
Advanced DSP mixer paired with a new USB driver
An obstacle with computer-based recording is latency (delayed audio signals). New driver software has been developed to eliminate latency issues and driver setup problems. The built-in mixer utilizes the high-performance Dual Core BlackFin DSP making it possible to offer 4-band EQ and compression on each channel.
Note: When operating at 176.4 kHz or 192 kHz, the effects (EQ, compression, phase and reverb) of the DSP mixer cannot be used.
• High-resolution recording at up to 192 kHz/24 bit
• USB 3.0 computer connection, a leading-edge transmission standard
• Advanced DSP mixer with 4-band equalizer and compressor on each channel
• Reverb effect for monitoring enhances the performer’s motivation
• Driver software can be installed without connecting the interface
Support for iOS devices and compatibility with many DAW applications
Tascam US-20x20You will not need another audio interface if you decide you want to make music using an iPad or other iOS device. The performance of these interfaces has been tested with major DAWs - you can continue to use them even if you change DAW software. Since these units include MIDI inputs and outputs, they can also be used as MIDI interfaces.
• Connect with an iPad or another iOS device
• Tested with Sonar, Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, Studio One and GarageBand
• MIDI input and output enable connection with keyboards and other MIDI devices
Rackmount adapters and hex keys are included
Tascam US-20x20You can either utilize the brackets for rackmount installations or unscrew the brackets with the hex keys provided when using on a desktop. Features • High-quality Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) microphone pre-amps with ultra-low noise (EIN: –125 dBu)
• Recording at up to 192 kHz/24 bit
• Support for Windows and Mac operating systems
• USB 3.0 computer connection for 40-channel audio transmission at 44.1/48 kHz or 24-channel audio transmission at 176.4/192 kHz
- 20 inputs/20 outputs available at 44.1/48 kHz/24 bit (10 analogue channels + 2 digital S/PDIF channels + 8 optical channels)
- 16 inputs/16 outputs available at 88.2/96 kHz/24 bit (10 analogue channels + 2 digital S/PDIF channels + 4 S/MUX optical channels)
- 12 inputs/12 outputs available at 176.4/192 kHz/24 bit (10 analogue channels + 2 digital S/PDIF channels)
• Three selectable operation modes: audio interface, standalone micpreamp, digital mixer
• DSP mixer with 4-band EQ and compression on each input channel (can be used in
• Interface/Mixer mode)
• Patch bay allows outputs to be assigned freely (can be used in Interface/Mixer mode)
• DSP mixer settings can be stored in up to 10 scenes
• USB Audio Compliance 2.0 for iPads and other iOS devices
• Reverb effect can be added to the monitored audio
• Low-latency monitoring via the DSP mixer
Inputs and outputs
• Eight XLR/TRS combo jack analogue inputs with switchable phantom power (48 V)
• Inputs 1 and 2 can be used for direct guitar input
• Two TRS (balanced) inputs on rear panel
• Input level range of 56 dB for using dynamic mics
• Ten TRS (balanced) analogue outputs
• TOS LINK optical digital multi-channel input and output (8 channels at 44.1/48 kHz, supporting S/MUX2 and S/MUX4)
• S/PDIF coaxial digital input and output
• BNC word clock input and output
• Two standard TRS headphones outputs with 2 x 70 mW output power
• Separate controls for line and headphones output levels
• MIDI input/output
• DAW compatibility (Sonar, ProTools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Garage Band)
• Rack-mount adapter included
• Dedicated AC adapter included
• Angled industrial design provides excellent usability on a desktop
|Computer Interface Type||USB 3|
|Analogue Inputs (Total)||8|
|Analogue Outputs (Total)||8|
|Mic Preamps (Max)||8|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)||8|
|Sample Rate (Max)||192 kHz|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.