Tascam US16X08 Audio Interface
Built into the US-16x08 is a DSP Mixer for low-latency digital mixing. Each channel has four-band EQ and compression for polished-sounding monitor mixes. In addition to interface mode, the US-16x08 can be used as a standalone mic preamp. Windows and Mac drivers are provided, as well as USB Class Compliant 2.0 drivers for tablets like the Apple iPad. MIDI input and output are also available on the rear panel.
Whether using the ergonomically-designed angled desktop stand or mounting with the included rack ears, the US-16x08 includes enough I/O for almost any music recording application.
Ultra-HDDA mic preamps provide pristine audio quality
Our original Ultra-HDDA mic preamps allow you to input high-quality audio from any audio source just by turning a knob. These are the same mic preamps that are in our HS-P82 professional recorders, which are popular in the broadcast and film industry. These versatile preamps can handle both condenser and dynamic mics, and will allow you to enjoy high-quality recording even if you are not an expert. These versatile preamps also feature line-level inputs for keyboards and other equipment.
• Built-in Ultra-HDDA mic preamps have discrete construction that achieve -125 dBu EIN (Equivalent Input Noise)
• Guitars can be directly connected enabling the use of 3rd-party plug-in effects
• Wide dynamic range that can handle the sound pressures of drum recording easily
16 analogue inputs to process vocals, instruments and drums simultaneously
With 8 XLR and 8 TRS inputs, a total of 16 simultaneous analogue signals can be input. Record an entire band during a live performance or rehearsal with ease.
• 8 XLR inputs with 48 volts phantom power
• 8 line inputs switchable between –10 dB and +4 dB
• Can also be used as standalone microphone preamp
Advanced DSP mixer paired with a new USB driver
An obstacle with computer-based recording is latency (delayed audio signals). New driver software has been developed to eliminate latency issues and driver set-up problems.
The built-in mixer utilizes the high-performance BlackFin DSP processor making it possible to offer 4-band EQ and compression on each channel.
• High-resolution recording up to 96 kHz/24-bit
• USB 2.0 computer connection
• Advanced DSP mixer with 4-band equalizer and compressor on each channel
• Driver software can be installed without connecting the interface
Support for iPads and other iOS devices
You will not need another audio interface if you decide you want to make music using an iPad or other iOS device. The performance of these interfaces has been tested with not only the bundled digital audio workstations (DAW), but also with other popular recording software – you can continue to use them even if you change DAW software. Since these units include MIDI inputs and outputs, they can also be used as MIDI interfaces.
• Connect with an iPad or another iOS device
• Tested with Sonar, ProTools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, and Garage Band
• MIDI input and output enable connection with keyboards and other MIDI devices
Standalone use as an independent mic preamp
By turning the unit on without a USB connection, it can be used as a microphone preamplifier in standalone mode. After passing through the Ultra-HDDA circuits, the signals from the XLR inputs on the front are output from the TRS jacks on the rear of the unit. This allows it to be used for a variety of applications, including with interfaces and PA/SR mixers that do not have their own or less good preamps. Features • High-quality Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) microphone pre-amps with ultra-low noise (EIN: –125 dBu)
• Recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit
• Support for Mac and Windows operating systems
• 16-in/8-out audio streaming from a PC connected via USB 2.0
• Selectable operation mode between audio interface and standalone mic preamp
• On-board DSP mixer for monitoring
• Low-latency monitoring via the DSP Mixer
• Compressor and 4-band EQ for each input channel on the DSP mixer
• Eight XLR inputs with phantom power
• Two TRS (balanced) inputs selectable between line and instrument level
• Six TRS (balanced) inputs on rear panel
• Eight TRS (balanced) analogue outputs
• Standard headphones output
• MIDI input/output
• USB Audio Compliance 2.0 for iOS connection
• DAW compatibility (Sonar, ProTools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Garage Band)
• Rack-mount adapter included
• Dedicated AC adapter included
• Angled industrial design for desktop ease-of-use
|Computer Interface Type||USB 2|
|Analogue Inputs (Total)||16|
|Analogue Outputs (Total)||8|
|Mic Preamps (Max)||8|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)||2|
|Sample Rate (Max)||96 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||Not Specified dB|
|Dimensions (mm)||445x59x219 WxHxD|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.