Tascam UH7000 Audio Interface
The grand nature of the UH-7000's sound is partially due to the careful attention spent on selecting parts. In addition to the Burr-Brown PCM4220 ADC, PCM1795 DAC converters and thin film metal resistors, installed is a powerful TCXO clock generator with +/-1ppm precision.
The units half-rack size makes it easy to install at a studio console or work desk. The thick aluminum panels on the front and sides of the full-metal body increase stability. Highly important but easily forgotten are the smooth-tension aluminum input level knobs for precise level adjustments.
The UH-7000 microphone preamp and audio interface enables composers, musicians and recording engineers to produce music in their private quarters at a level only reached in professional studios.
Features • Supports 24-bit/192kHz USB transmission and AD/DA conversion
• Support for Mac and Windows operating systems
• 4-in/4-out audio streaming from a PC connected via USB 2.0
• Burr-Brown PCM4220 AD converter
• Burr-Brown PCM1795 DA converter
• HDIA mic preamps: –128dB EIN
• Thin film metal resistors with outstanding noise performance
• High audio quality film capacitors with low distortion
• Low latency monitoring through the DSP mixer
• DSP mixer can be switched between multitrack and stereo mix modes
• DSP mixer enables independent adjustment of recording and monitoring levels
• Line or digital outputs can be selected using the DSP mixer
• DSP dynamics effect can be applied to inputs, outputs or the master (compressor, noise suppressor, de-essoer, exciter, EQ, limiter/low cut)
• DSP REVERB (hall, room, live, studio, plate) send effect is perfect for monitoring when recording
• Link line function enables volume control of powered monitors
• Single punch MIXER PANEL button
• Strong, highly durable aluminum body
• Large INPUT level knobs enable precise adjustment of input levels
• Two 20-segment LED level meters
• Standard TRS headphones output jack - 45mW/channel output
• +48 Phantom power supply
• Two balanced analog XLR jacks for both input and output
• Professional output specifications (maximum output level: +24 dBu)
• Two balanced analog TRS input jacks
• XLR digital input and output jacks support AES3-2003/IEC60958-4 (AES/EBU) and IEC60958-3 (S/PDIF) formats
• Three-pronged inlet power cable
• Half-rack size
• Confirmed operation with major DAW software, including Sonar X3, ProTools, Cubase and Live
• RoHS Compliant
|Computer Interface Type||USB 2|
|Analogue Inputs (Total)||4|
|Analogue Outputs (Total)||4|
|Mic Preamps (Max)||2|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)|
|Sample Rate (Max)||192 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||117 dB|
|Dimensions (mm)||214 x 81.2 x 233 WxHxD|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.