TASCAM DR44-WL Handheld Recorder
TASCAM DR44-WL 4 Track Linear Recorder with Stereo Mics, XLR Mic Inputs and Wi-Fi -iOS / Android App Remote Control
|Instalment Rate:||14.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£221.00|
|Total inc. interest:||£238.07|
|Instalment Rate:||14.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£221.00|
|Total inc. interest:||£254.55|
Purchase Rate: 19.9% p.a. (variable)
Representative: 19.9% APR (variable)
Assumed Credit Limit: £1,200Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply.
By DPD On 9th Mar
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
TASCAM's DR-44WL is the latest recording innovation from TASCAM. It starts with high-quality stereo condenser microphones, updated with a new XY pattern and high-performance mic components. Two locking XLR inputs feed TASCAM's latest microphone preamp design, with the lowest noise level and richest sound available in a portable recorder.
The DR-44WL revolutionizes handheld recorders with its new Wi-Fi feature. A free app for iOS or Android devices provides control, file transfer, and audio streaming to your smartphone. Start recording while on-stage or from anywhere in the room, while setting trim levels and check meters to make sure the transport is running. At the end of a performance, transfer recordings to your phone and instantly upload them to SoundCloud, Facebook, even email directly to fans.
With rugged construction, great sound quality, and TASCAM's famed ease of use, the DR-44WL is the ultimate portable recorder for anyone from beginning musicians to experienced professionals.
High-Quality Condenser Microphones
A pair of studio-quality condenser microphones top the DR-44WL, arranged in a true XY pattern for detailed imaging and phase coherence. The mic capsules are build to withstand up to 132dB SPL – as loud as a jet airplane – without distorting. Record concerts and rehearsals with the confidence that your recording won't be distorted.
In addition to the great-sounding new capsules, a new shockmounting system has been developed for lower handling noise and rumble. The capsules are suspended in a rubber mount that avoids low frequency noises when handheld, mounted on a camera, or used on a tripod.
XLR Combo Jacks For Use With Professional Gear
The XLR/TRS external input jacks accept either microphone or line level sources. Balanced or unbalanced signals can be plugged in, at either +4 or -10 levels, using the locking XLR connector or the 1/4" jack. The DR-44WL supplies 48V Phantom Power for condenser or ribbon microphones that require it. Both the internal mics and external inputs are used during 4-channel recording, perfect for live recording.
Remote Wi-Fi Control
TASCAM has revolutionized handheld recording with the new Wi-Fi control and transfer features. The DR-44WL creates its own Wi-Fi network with your iOS or Android phone, and a free app called DR Control controls remote operation without touching the unit. The app allows recording to be started and stopped, and can be used to check and adjust input levels. Any of the recording controls on the DR-44WL can be controlled over Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi transmission range is about 65 feet (20m) – well beyond the reach of infrared remotes – so the recorder can be placed wherever the recording sounds best. Audio from the DR-44WL can also be streamed over Wi-Fi to check the recording. Plug headphones into your smartphone and listen to a near-realtime feed from the recorder.
Instantly Transfer Recordings to Your Smartphone or PC to Share Online
In addition to remote control, the DR-44WL allows you to wirelessly transfer recordings to your smartphone or laptop. Upload recordings to SoundCloud through the app, then publish that link to Facebook, Twitter, and other social media. Or simply email the file to friends.
* An Internet connection is necessary to upload files to the Internet from a smartphone.
Automatic Features Streamline Recording Setup
Even as a professional recording device, the DR-44WL has numerous automatic functions that can make recording easier for anyone. Numerous automatic recording functions combine with functions that simplify file management.
• Peak Reduction and Limiter
• Automatic Track Creation by Time
• Automatic Track Creation by Level
• Automatic Mark Function
• File Divide
Multitrack Mode For Serious Demo Production
The DR-44WL is a powerful tool for songwriters. In Multitrack mode (MTR), the DR-44WL is able to overdub one track at a time. With multitrack functionality, you can produce studio-quality music files using just the portable DR-44WL. A reverb effect is also included to sweeten your mix.
• Mic Grip
• Shoe Mount adapter
• AC adapter
• USB cable
• microSD card adapter
• 4GB microSD card Features Key Features
• MTR mode enables multitrack music production
• Four-track mode supports advanced recording
• Remote control, file transfer and streaming playback using 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
• Wi-Fi connects directly to smartphone without a router
• Full remote control using the free TASCAM app for iOS and Android
• Recorded audio can be posted directly to SoundCloud using the TASCAM DR Control app
• Supported WAV recording formats: 44.1k/48k/96kHz, 16/24bit, WAV/BWF format
• Supported MP3 recording format: 44.1k/48kHz, 32k to 320kbps MP3
• Recording media: SD/SDHC/SDXC card (up to 128GB SDXC card)
• Cardioid stereo condenser microphones fixed in X-Y position
• High sound pressure design captures levels up to 132dB SPL
• Innovative shock mount structure reduces physical noise
• XLR/TRS inputs compatible with mic or line level (-10 or +4dBu)
• +48V phantom power supply for condenser microphones
• PGA (programmable gain amplifier) and Cirrus Logic CS42L52 audio codec for low-noise, high-performance audio recording
• Dual level recording function allows simultaneous recording of a second file at a lower level
• Dual-format recording function allows simultaneous recording of both WAV and MP3 files
• Automatic level optimization functions (Peak Reduction & Limiter)
• Low-cut filter with four selectable frequencies (40/80/120/220Hz)
• Pre-recording buffer records up to 2 seconds prior to starting recording
• Automatic track increment function that can be set according to the application (level, elapsed time or manual)
• Auto recording function that can detect the signal input signal level and automatically start recording
• Automatic mark function that adds marks according to preset conditions (peak detection or manual)
• Speed change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 2.0 times (in 0.1 increments)
• A-B Loop playback function that is convention for music rehearsal
• Automatic division function that divides files at marks (manual division also possible)
• M-S decoding function for utilizing M-S microphones
• Reverb effect for vocal and instrument resonance
• Automatic power-saving function that prevents unnecessary use of battery power
• Resume function that retains the last stop position when power is turned back ON
• Chromatic tuner and a metronome are available in 4-track mode (V1.10)
• File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
• Audio files created on computers can be played (only in formats compatible with this product)
• Built-in monaural speaker with 0.3W output
• 128×128 pixel oversized graphic LCD with backlight
• USB 2.0 high-speed file transfer to a computer
• Stereo mini headphone line output / headphone output connector
• Powered by four AA batteries, USB bus power, or AC adapter
• Long-time operation of over 16 hours using the internal batteries (Alkaline battery, 16/44.1, 2ch, Wi-Fi OFF)
• Quality construction with aluminum side panels and genuine brass mic guards for durability
• Carrying strap connection
• Tripod attachment screw-hole
• 4GB microSD card and SD card adapter are included
• Standard accessories: AC adapter, windscreen, grip that is compatible with mic stands, shoe mount adapter, case
• RoHS certified
|Computer Interface Type|
|Mic Preamps (Max)|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)|
|Sample Rate (Max)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months