Tascam DR-05X Portable Audio Recorder
Tascam DR-05X Portable Audio Recorder And USB Audio Interface,
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
DR-05X allows high-quality recording utilizing an easy-to-use interface, and is portable and powerful but with a size and price that anyone can handle. Dual internal condenser microphones can handle anything from subtle to loud to 125dB SPL, with sensitivity to capture every detail.
Simple to operate.
The layout of the DR-05X has been revamped to be quick and easy to work with one thumb. Operations like recording, adjusting levels, deleting bad takes and adding markers are just a button press away.
Choose your language
Menu display of DR-05X supports 10 languages:
English/ Spanish/ French/ Italian/ German/ Russian/ Chinese/ Korean/ Japanese/ Portuguese
Extended battery life
DR-05X uses only two AA batteries and has ultra-long battery capability. When using built-in microphones, recording lasts 17.5 hours when recording with standard 2ch WAV, 44.1kHz/ 16bit format using alkaline batteries.
Also DR-05X can be powered by a USB mobile battery as well for super long extended use.
Turning your room into a studio – in a minute.
Connect to a PC using USB Audio interface mode, and DR-X becomes a tool for voiceover work, live streaming, podcasting and songwriting with studio-quality audio.
Built-in microphones work as USB microphones without complicated driver installs.
Upgrade your movie
Auto tone function provides easy-adjustments for on-site movie editing, ideal for DSLR filmmaking. The internal slate tone generator produces various tones for easy track making and recognition. Please use the dedicated accessory kit (AK-DR11C) for connecting.
Back up your transcription work: record and play with one unit
Writing down what you hear – easier said than done, but it is actually easy with DR-X. In addition to its capability to capture crisp voice recording, DR-X can help you with its Jump back function, variable Speed function and equalizer preset for human voice.
Auto recording function can detect the sound input signal level and automatically start recording. Also, Pre-recording function with up to 2 seconds pre-record provides fail-safe protection even when you are a bit late to hit the record button
Still safe if it is louder than you thought.
Peak Reduction works in rehearsal mode or in record. Even if the sound or performance is louder than the sound check you’re safe. Combined with Auto level and Limiter for preventing distortion, you never have to worry.
No need to go through “take 2” all over again
If you don’t like the last part of a phrase you just recorded with your guitar, or if you change your mind and want to rephrase narration, the “Overwrite mode” is exactly what you need. Overwrite mode allows punch-in recording from a desired point. It is destructive editing with one level of undo.
The overdubbing function allows for Overdub Recording while playing a previously recorded file. This allows you to record other parts such as a guitar solo over a recording previously made such as at a rehearsal studio. Overdubbing creates a new file, leaving the original file unaffected, making it easy to re-record.
192 Hours. This is how long you can record CD-quality sound with one single microSDXC card.
DR-05X supports a microSDXC card, which can record longer with larger data capacity. If you record a stereo file at 44.1kHz/ 16bit CD quality, a128GB card holds 192 hours maximum. In MP3/ 320kbps mode, it can record up to 896 hours. Features • Stereo omni directional condenser microphones
• Support multiple menu languages (ENG/FRA/DEU/ITA/ESP/RUS/PRT/JPN/CHI/KOR)
• Overwrite function for Punch-In recording with one level of Undo
• Functions as a 2in/ 2out USB Audio Interface for Mac, PC or iOS recording
• Dictation mode designed for human voice recording and transcription
• Reverb effect for vocal and instrument resonance
• Auto recording function that can detect the sound input signal level and automatically start recording
• Proven high sound pressure design for capturing loud sounds of up to 125dB SPL
• Peak reduction function
• Self timer recording function
• Seamless gain control
• Three low cut filter levels (40/80/120Hz)
• Speed change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 1.5 times (in 0.1 increments)
• Level align feature that prevents uneven volume levels
• Equalizer setting for adjusting playback sound quality
• Divide/delete functions
• Loop/repeat playback function
• Resume function that retains the last stop position and starts playback from that position when power is turned back ON
• Jump back and play (1 to 10 sec in 1 sec increments, 10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec)
• QUICK menu button for easy access to various functions
• High-quality 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF linear PCM recording and long recordings as MP3 files possible
• microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC (up to 128GB) cards can be used as recording media
• Mark function that can set up to 99 points for a single track Mark information can be utilized by BWF compatible software
• Audio files created on computers can be played (Only in formats compatible with this product)
• Built-in monaural speaker with an output of 0.3W
• Pre-recording buffer that can record up to 2 seconds prior to starting recording
• When a predetermined maximum file size is reached, a new file is created to continue recording
• Track increment creates new files at arbitrary locations during recording
• File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
• The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely
• Playlist function
• A chromatic tuner is equipped which is helpful for practicing musical instruments
• Stereo mini jack for external stereo microphones (provides plug-in power) / External line input
• Stereo mini line output / Headphone output connector
• 128×64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight
• High-speed file transfer to a computer is possible using USB 2.0
• Powered by 2 AA batteries, USB bus power, or optional AC adapter (PS-P520E)
• Tripod attachment screw-hole built in to the unit
|Computer Interface Type||USB 2|
|Connections (Input)||1 x 3.5mm (1/8") Stereo Mini Jack|
|Mic Preamps (Max)|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)|
|Sample Rate (Max)||96 kHz|
|Connections (Output)||1 x 3.5mm (1/8") Stereo Mini Jack|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited