8-track productions made easy! The DP-008EX from TASCAM gives you all the features you need to record straight to SD - with an intuitive design, so you'll be up and running fast. Record up to two tracks at once - the DP-008EX has built-in microphones to grab ideas, and it also has inputs for microphones, guitar, and synthesizers. What's more, there are dedicated rows for level, pan, and effects. Once you're finished recording, you can export tracks to your computer via the TASCAM DP-008EX's handy on-board USB connection.
Even in today's world of Infinite tracks inside DAW's, and all the crazy levels of editing that are available within these software packages, there is still something to be said for straightforward, simple tools like the DP-008EX.
For anyone that doesn't want to bother themselves with the computer side of recording, the DP-008EX makes it easy to record your idea's straight down to SD cards. It has a built-in microphone as well as on-board Tuner, Metronome, Reverb and even a USB in case you want to change your mind and transfer your work to the computer.
Let's face it TASCAM have years and years of experience when it comes to recording, and from this they know how to present a no frills ,easy way to record, with cassette-style format, and dedicated knobs for things like Level, Pan and effects, and easy to use Record, Play and Pause buttons.
The 2 built-in stereo microphones mean that you can capture your ideas quickly and with no fuss, although the machine does feature 2 XLR microphone inputs in case you wanted to use your own recording mics. It also has 2 ¼ inch inputs one of which has a switch to take care of Guitar or Bass guitar signals.
Apart from handy extras like the digital tuner and the metronome, the unit has an input to accommodate a ¼ inch footswitch which can be used to 'drop' in to a track and ‘punch record' sections if things need fixing in the track. There's an on-board reverb effect with its own send and return. The DP-008EX can record to widely available SD/SDHC card media (up to 32 GB / 2GB card included). In addition, it can connect to PCs via USB 2.0 for high-speed data transferring. All song ideas can be transferred via USB or SD card readers to and from the units at any point in the recording process. Files can be used in DAW software for further editing and production.
Song ideas can happen anywhere and with the DP-008EX you're ready. Jot down all of the key components to your songs using these professional sounding multi-track recorders. Be ready wherever creativity strikes. For elongated battery life these models can connect directly to TASCAM's external battery pack (BP-6AA) via USB.
Built-In High-Quality Stereo Condenser Microphones – For Easy On-the-Spot Recording
The DP-008EX is built with two condenser microphones directly in the front of the unit Record vocals or acoustic guitar anytime without the need for extra equipment or set-up time. TASCAM held many evaluation tests to secure the best sounding microphones and structures. Modelled after the top-selling DR series microphones, you can be assured you're receiving top-quality, Moreover the DP-006 was designed with a tripod mount for versatile set-up and placement.
Simple and Easy-to-Use Interface – Designed Like an Analog Cassette MTR
The DP-008EX is optimally designed for on-the-spot recording. No unnecessary features were included that might complicate the recording to ensure easy functionality. Designed with Analog functionality and dedicated control knobs these POCKETSTUDIOs are the simplest to use song writing scratchpads on the market.
The DP-008EX has two input terminals by phone-jack, these terminals provide to connect an external microphone, an electric-acoustic guitar and a line-level device like a synthesizer. If you prepare any conversion cable, a tablet device like a iPad will be able to connect. ( Conversion cable is not included )
• Eight mono tracks
• CD-quality recording (16bit / 44.1 kHz)
• Two tracks simultaneous recording/ eight tracks simultaneous playback
• Dedicated stereo master track available
• Record to SD/SDHC card ( Up to 32GB )
• 2 Built-in omni-directional condenser microphones
• Microphone sensitivity can be selected from 2-positions ( Low / High )
• Two TS ¼ or XLR mic/line inputs
• INPUT A can connect high-impedance instrument directly ( Like an electric-guitar )
• Phantom power supply
• Independent LEVEL / PAN / Reverb SEND knobs for each track
• Two RCA unbalanced line inputs
• 20 mW/ch headphone output
• Footswitch ready with polarity switching ( Notice: can't use RC-3F )
• 128 x 64 dot-matrix LCD with backlight
• Four AA batteries operation up to 6.5 hours ( When recording, using the eneloop battery )
• Insert effects for input channels ( 2-band shelving EQ, compressor, exciter, de-esser )
• Mastering effects ( 2-band shelving EQ, multi-band compressor, normalize )
• Auto analysis mastering function
• 2-band shelving EQ for each track
• Reverb effects ( Hall 1 / 2, Room, Studio, Plate 1 / 2 )
• Optional AC adapter ready ( TASCAM PS-P520 )
• Can connect an external battery pack ( TASCAM BP-6AA )
• Direct locate function by jog-wheel
• Repeat playback between IN / OUT point
• Track edit functions ( Copy Paste / Copy Insert / Move Paste / Move Insert / Open / Cut / Silence / Clone Track / Clean Out )
• Bounce function allows recording of more six tracks
• Undo / Redo ( Undo History ) function
• Chromatic tuner and metronome included
• High-speed data transfer by USB 2.0 connection
• Backup and restore songs
• File import / export by Wav format ( mono / stereo )
• Export stereo master file as stereo wav format
• 2 GB SD card included