The tight confines and limited airflow of a small form factor rig often make for a hotter environment than systems in a mid- or full-sized tower. Supermicro’s C7H170-M is a microATX motherboard that’s built with stability and reliability in mind, while still providing support for Intel’s Skylake processors, M.2 storage, and a few expansion card slots. As you might guess by the title, the C7H170-M runs Intel’s H170 chipset, which is quite comparable with Intel’s Z170 chipset. Typically, the H variant of Intel’s chipsets don’t support overclocking, but Supermicro uses a special hardware design and BIOS that lets you adjust the base clock on your Skylake processor. Read on for a deeper look at Supermicro’s C7H170-M.
As part of Supermicro’s new SuperO lineup, Supermicro adds its “server DNA” into the C7H170-M’s PCB, capacitors, sockets, and ports. The PCB, for instance, features extra layers of material, which helps to ensure signal integrity. The material in these extra layers is qualified for Supermicro’s server standards and is ideal for providing stability while overclocking. The C7H170-M can also deliver low capacity variance, thanks to X5R and X7R ceramic chip capacitors throughout the motherboard.
For best connectivity, Supermicro uses 15-micron-thick gold plating on the PCIe sockets, connectors, and CPU socket. Besides helping to create a perfect connection with your hardware, the gold plating also helps ports to resist corrosion over time. You also can be assured that the C7H170-M is ready-to-go when you receive it, because Supermicro tests the mainboard under its full-load server testing at 100% load for at least 150 hours.
• Single socket H4 (LGA 1151) supports, Intel® 6th Gen. Core™ i7/i5/i3 series, Intel® Celeron® and Intel® Pentium®
• Intel® H170 Express Chipset
• Up to 64GB Non-ECC UDIMM, DDR4-2133MHz, in 4 DIMM slots
• Single Gigabit Ethernet LAN port, (Intel® i219V)
• 6x SATA3 (6Gbps); RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
• Expansion slots: 1 PCI-E 3.0 x16, 1 PCI-E 3.0 x4, and 1 PCI-E 3.0 x1
• 1 PCIe M.2 (PCIe x4 2260/2280/22110)
• 6x USB 3.0 (4 rear + 2 via header), 4x USB 2.0 (2 rear + 2 via headers), 1 DVI-D, 1 DP (Display Port), 1 HDMI
• HD Audio 7.1 channel connector by Realtek ALC1150
• UEFI BIOS support
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as SuperMicro MBD-C7H170-M-O, Intel H170, S 1151, DDR4, SATA3 6Gbps, M.2 (PCIe), Intel Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, Micro ATX . Please choose from the list below.