*Please be aware this is the Education Edition. You will be required to verify your student/teacher status upon registering the product.
Dorico redefines the gold standard for music notation software. With fast, easy note input and editing, it is ideal for composition and arranging, and its unrivaled musical intelligence is like having an expert assistant by your side. Its default output emulates the finest hand engraving, with endless possibilities for tweaking to satisfy the most demanding publishers and engravers. Commercial musicians will find its streamlined workflow and powerful page layout features allow them to meet tight deadlines without compromise. Students will benefit from Dorico’s simple interface and sophisticated understanding of music theory, reinforcing their learning. Teachers will love the ability to quickly produce teaching materials for their students and arrangements for their ensembles. Everyone benefits from Dorico’s high-performance, multi-threaded engine that makes it lightning fast in even the largest projects, and from Steinberg’s award-winning audio engine and VST instruments and effects. Dorico is all you need to create and deliver beautiful, professional scores.
Reasons to crossgrade from Sibelius
• Designed by the original core Sibelius development team, with the benefit of all their years of expertise. Experience their vision of how a next-generation scoring application should work, look and feel.
• No monthly subscription or annual plan required — buy the current version of Dorico and receive maintenance releases at no additional cost. You choose when you want to update to a future version, with simple, one-off update pricing.
• Import in-progress projects into Dorico in MusicXML format, and continue to collaborate with other Sibelius users by exporting MusicXML files.
• Simple, streamlined user interface that fits comfortably on a single display, with fast keyboard access to every feature.
• Flexible input and editing, with superior handling of complex meters and tuplets, makes it quicker and easier to express your musical ideas.
Reasons to crossgrade from Finale
• State-of-the-art 64-bit technology and multi-core performance from brand-new code, not straining under the weight of legacy features and fixes.
• The power and flexibility you demand, but in a friendlier, faster, modern and more efficient package.
• Import in-progress projects into Dorico via MusicXML, and collaborate with other Finale users by importing and exporting MusicXML files.
• Superior horizontal music and vertical stave/system spacing, including comprehensive collision avoidance and unique kerning capabilities, producing beautiful results by default.
• Experience the high-performance, world-class Cubase audio engine, including support for VST 3 instruments and effects.
• Next-generation scoring software, designed by musicians for musicians.
• Beautiful engraved output with unrivaled attention to detail.
• Flexible note input and powerful editing.
• Streamlined, single-window interface puts every tool at your fingertips.
• Unlimited number of staves and movements, sections or pieces within the same project.
• Create layouts for full scores and instrumental parts with independent page size, staff size, and system layout.
• Use your computer keyboard or MIDI keyboard to input music quickly and efficiently.
• Superior rhythmic spacing with automatic optical kerning.
• Import and export in MusicXML, MIDI, and graphics formats.
• Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine.
• Compatible with VST 3 virtual instruments and effects processors.
• More than 1,500 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE workstation and complete HALion Symphonic Orchestra library.
• High-end VST effect processors, including channel strip modules (compressor, EQ, limiter) and convolution reverb.
64-bit Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan or macOS 12 Sierra. Intel or AMD dual core CPU. 8 GB RAM recommended (4 GB minimum). 12 GB free storage space. Display resolution of 1,920 x 1,280 or greater recommended (1,366 x 768 minimum). DVD-ROM drive for software installation using included optical media. OS-compatible audio hardware.
Internet connection required for activation, account setup and personalproduct registration. Additional downloads will be required for installation.
For recommended systems and support of future operating systems, please refer to the Support section on our web site www.steinberg.net.
Dorico uses the Soft-eLicenser, which allows the software to be activated on a single computer. To allow customers to use the software on more than one computer, the boxed SKUs include a USB-eLicenser. The customer can transfer the Dorico license from the Soft-Licenser to the USBeLicenser, allowing the license to be used on another computer.
The download SKUs do not include a USB-eLicenser, and as such have lower SRPs/MAPs than the physical SKUs so that a customer buying the download SKU will not be significantly out of pocket if he or she later decides to buy a USB-eLicenser in order to use Dorico on more than one computer (notwithstanding variations in the retail price of the USBeLicenser).