Steinberg 242 USB Audio Interface
The UR242 offers musicians and producers far more than just a portable I/O device, or even an audio interface; the UR242 is a mobile production solution. That’s because it combines fantastic-sounding I/O and durability with advanced DSP-based FX that can be used with your DAW software, and that at a price point that is still easily affordable.
Built to impress
The UR242 offers a perfect balance between three vital factors: quality, portability and cost. First-class components and integrated DSP-powered FX engineered to fit into a small yet rugged interface at an eminently affordable price point — that’s the UR242.
Record vocals, guitars, MIDI gear and other audio equipment with up to 4 audio channels at once in pristine 24/192 quality, yet without making any compromises in terms of durability: full metal casing means the UR242 is ready for the rough and tumble of life of a mobile lifestyle. That could be between your recording studio and your hotel room, or between your home recording rig and your band’s rehearsal room: the UR242 offers the features and quality to manage a huge range of production situations.
Full integration with any DAW with dspMixFx
The UR series integrates seamlessly — as you’d expect — with Cubase, yet also with just about any DAW out there. Just like the 19" rack model in the UR range, the UR242 offers latency-free monitoring with DSP-powered FX thanks to the onboard SSP2 DSP chip and the latest dspMixFx technology. This gives you a fully integrated DSP-based monitoring setup wherever you are and with whichever DAW you use.
When running with Cubase, the UR242 no additional virtual mixer apps are required! All aspects of I/O handling and DSP management are handled directly from within Cubase. Once your UR242 interface has been installed, Cubase detects the device and automatically embeds it into the Cubase production environment.
Connect the UR242 to your iPad or even iPhone thanks to the Class Compliant mode. iOS music production apps like Steinberg’s iPad-based Cubasis are a perfect way to sketch out ideas at home or on the go; then hook up the same interface to your PC or Mac to take your musical ideas to the next level. Features • 24-Bit/192 kHz - Top of the range converters provide a maximum sampling rate of 192 kHz and a resolution of 24 bits, delivering pristine audio quality.
• Class-A D-PRE mic preamps - Yamaha’s highly acclaimed D-PRE preamp delivers a truly transparent and beautifully detailed sound that is unrivaled in this product class.
• Latency-free monitoring with FX - UR242 offers zero-latency monitoring with FX thanks to the included dspMixFx software with even tighter integration for Cubase owners with auto-setup, custom views, and much more.
• Basic FX Suite - UR242 offers VST 3 versions of the onboard DSP plug-ins offering useful sound-shaping and FX tools: the Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip, the REV-X reverb and Guitar Amp Classics.
• Rugged metal casing - Built to the most exacting standards by Yamaha’s experienced engineers, the UR242 is rugged enough to withstand all the rigors of the road.
• Major recording software compatible - The UR242 is compatible with all major audio editing, mastering, and music production software supporting ASIO, Core Audio, or WDM standard.
• iOS connectivity - UR242 offers connectivity with Apple’s iPad and iPhone. When paired with Steinberg’s iPad-based Cubasis music app or other iOS audio apps, the UR242 offers a portable and effortlessly intuitive production experience.
• MIDI input & output - For utmost flexibility, the UR242 is equipped with a MIDI I/O — connect your synth, a drum trigger module or whatever MIDI device you prefer!
• Loopback function - UR242 offers an easy way to streaming performances live to the internet, with incoming audio signals merged to the playback signal from Cubase or other DAWs inside the computer.
• Cubase AI included - Based on the same core technologies as the popular Cubase DAW, Cubase AI offers an intuitive feature set for composing, recording, editing and mixing.
• Cubasis LE included - Cubasis LE is a streamlined version of Steinberg’s popular iOS music production app, offering professional music production on your iPad.
|Computer Interface Type||USB 2|
|Analogue Inputs (Total)||4|
|Analogue Outputs (Total)||2|
|Mic Preamps (Max)||2|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)||4|
|Sample Rate (Max)||192 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||n/a dB|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.