StarTech.com Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet + USB 3.0 Dongle
The TB2USB3GE Thunderbolt™ to Gigabit Ethernet + USB 3.0 Adapter lets you expand your MacBook or laptop connectivity through a single, compact adapter with both Gigabit Ethernet and USB 3.0, delivering reliable performance, connection possibilities and rugged portability.
Fast, Reliable Performance
Experience fast, effective and reliable performance from your essential peripherals! Leveraging the 10Gbps bandwidth of your Thunderbolt port for this dual-purpose adapter gives you reliable 1Gbps Ethernet and 5Gbps USB 3.0 connectivity, while enabling you to use both to their full capacity.
To maximize efficiency, the Thunderbolt adapter separates traffic from each interface into its own dedicated 5Gbps PCI Express lane, effectively avoiding bottlenecks when both ports are in use. This practical adapter gives you fast, robust external connectivity, offered by revolutionary Thunderbolt technology.
Take full advantage of your current peripherals! Saving you the added expense of purchasing new devices, the adapter lets you simultaneously connect your existing devices through your Thunderbolt port. Combining Thunderbolt to Ethernet and Thunderbolt to USB 3.0 functionality into a single adapter gives you two essential interfaces that are unavailable or limited on most Thunderbolt-equipped systems, making it easy for business users and home users alike to stay connected.
Whether you’re in a boardroom with a weak WiFi signal, or in a hotel with only a wired network connection, this adapter has you covered. Plus, the USB 3.0 port (with UASP support) can be used to connect a storage device, USB hub, USB printer, or sync with your tablet or smartphone.
Get work done on the go, and look great doing it! A rugged and travel-friendly design lets you tuck the adapter neatly into your laptop bag, plus the lightweight casing merges portability with durability to offer quality protection that lets you take the adapter anywhere.
The sleek and stylish adapter aesthetically matches your MacBook Pro® or MacBook Air®, with a silver sandblast finish and black rubberized grips. Plus, the compact adapter requires no external power, and integrates a built-in Thunderbolt cable as well as hassle-free plug-and-play installation. Features • 1 x Gigabit Ethernet & 1 x USB 3.0 port (5Gbps), through a Thunderbolt connection.
• Compact and durable case design with an integrated Thunderbolt cable, for maximum portability.
• Supports Thunderbolt data rates of up to 10Gbps, with 2 dedicated PCI Express lanes (one per port).
• Plug-and-play installation on supported operating systems using native drivers.
• Ethernet port supports 10/100/1000Mbps connections, Full-Duplex operation, Jumbo Frames (up to 9.6K).
• USB 3.0 port supports UASP and is backward compatible with USB 2.0.
• Silver sandblast finish with rubberized grips, matching Apple® MacBooks.
• Bus-powered - no external power required.
• Add 2 essential connectivity ports to your Thunderbolt-equipped MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, laptop or Ultrabook™.
• Connect to a wired, Gigabit Ethernet connection where wireless signals are limited or unavailable.
• Add an extra USB 3.0 port to connect your peripherals at home, in the office or while traveling.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
Date Issued: 26th Oct 2006
As a growing number of homes contain more than one computer, their users must find ways to network them. The primary purpose for creating a home network tends to be to provide Internet access to all computers within the house. There are other good reasons, however. These include enabling LAN gaming, data backups from one machine to another and the sharing of music within the home.