Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort Adapter - 4K 60Hz - Mac and Windows Compatible
StarTech.com Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort Adapter - 4K 60Hz - Mac and Windows Compatible
By DPD On 19th Jun 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
The Thunderbolt video adapter is compatible with computer systems that support Thunderbolt 3, such as models of MacBook Pro, Dell™ Precision, and Dell XPS. Thunderbolt 3 is a protocol that uses the USB-C™ connector, but your computer system must support Thunderbolt 3 in order for the adapter to function as expected. If you connect the adapter to a USB-C port that does not support Thunderbolt 3, the adapter will not function.
Connect Two UHD 4K Displays to Your Computer at 60Hz Resolution
With an unprecedented 40Gbps of throughput, Thunderbolt 3 enables you to achieve the previously impossible feat of using a single port on your laptop to output dual 4K resolution at 60Hz to two independent displays. This performance enables you to run the most resource-demanding applications imaginable on two independent displays. You can output independent content to each display at resolutions of up to 4096 x 2160p (60Hz), which is perfect for editing 4K video or performing other Ultra HD tasks such as creating CAD drawings or reviewing medical imagery.
Connect A 5K Display to Your Computer at 60Hz Resolution
For added versatility, the Thunderbolt 3 adapter can be used to connect two DisplayPort channels to a single 5K display. Using a Thunderbolt 3 adapter is the only way to connect a 5K display to computers that don't have multiple DP or Thunderbolt 3 ports, such as your Dell Precision 15 3000 Series workstation.
Supports Dual 4K Displays to Work More Efficiently
Functioning as an external 2-port graphics adapter with audio support, this is a compact and convenient alternative to a laptop dock when you don't need full docking capability.
With two UHD 4K displays, you can work more efficiently from your laptop, so you can accomplish more in the same amount of time. Plus, with each display delivering 4K performance, you can have four times the screen space compared to 1080p. Creative professionals can be more productive with the freedom to edit 4K video on one display while previewing raw video playback on the second 4K display.
Won't Drain System Resources
This adapter helps to keep your system running at peak performance. Unlike USB external video solutions, Thunderbolt 3 lets you run Ultra HD 4K resolution at 60Hz on both displays without draining system resources.
Because it's backward compatible with your high-definition 1080p displays, this is a great accessory for home, office or other desktop workspace applications.
• Connect your computer to two 4K monitors.
• Use your Thunderbolt 3 computer to connect to a 5K display.
• Design high-resolution, graphic-intensive content, such as CAD drawings and Photoshop graphic images.
• Create and edit 4K video while using resource-intensive software.
• Multitask by previewing your raw output content on a second 4K display.
• Connect to different systems with 4K or 1080p displays for hot desking in BYOD office applications.
• Use one screen for reference data such as websites, while composing 4K content on your other screen.
• Span a spreadsheet or worksheet across multiple displays to avoid side-scrolling.
• Access panoramic views that are built into software applications, while viewing helpful tutorial content on your laptop monitor.
• Connect your MacBook Pro, Dell XPS or Dell Precision to two external DP monitors. Features • Connect two UHD 4K 60Hz displays to your computer through a single Thunderbolt 3 port.
• Add a 5K 60Hz display to your computer by connecting two DP cables to a single Thunderbolt 3 port.
• Works on Mac and Windows computers.
• Thunderbolt Certified.
• Run resource demanding applications on 4K displays at 60Hz without draining system resources.
• Backward compatible with lower resolutions like high-definition 1920x1200 and 1080p.
• No external power adapter required.
• Audio: Yes
• Converter Type: Adapters
• Output Signal : DisplayPort
• Maximum Data Transfer Rate: 40 Gbps
• Maximum Digital Resolutions: Dual monitor: 4K @ 60 Hz
• Supported Resolutions
Note: The adapter can support 5120×2880 (5K) when both DP outputs are connected to a single monitor that supports 5K.
• Connector A: 1 - Thunderbolt™ 3 USB-C (24-pin) Male Input
• Connector B: 2 - DisplayPort (20 pin) Female Output
• OS Compatibility:
- Microsoft Windows® 8, 8.1, 10
- macOS® 10.12 - 10.13
Special Notes / Requirements:
- The adapter will only function when connected to the Thunderbolt 3 port of your computer. If the port is a USB-C port that does not support Thunderbolt 3 the adapter will not function.
• Cable Length: 300 mm [11.8 in]
• Colour: Silver
• Product Height: 15 mm [0.6 in]
• Product Length: 110 mm [4.3 in]
• Product Weight: 93 g [3.3 oz]
• Product Width: 60 mm [2.4 in]
Your computer’s Thunderbolt 3 ports might not function properly until you update one or more of the following on your computer:
• Thunderbolt firmware
• Thunderbolt 3 controller drivers
• Thunderbolt 3 software
The required updates will vary depending on your computer.
For an up-to-date list of affected computers and instructions, visit http://thunderbolttechnology.net/updates. If your manufacturer isn’t listed on the Thunderbolt website, contact your manufacturer.
If you're using a video adapter to connect this device to a monitor other than DisplayPort, such as HDMI or VGA, an active video adapter is required.
In order to connect to two displays at 4K 60Hz, your computer system must have a fully enabled Thunderbolt 3 port that supports up to 40Gbps or the host must support dual displays over Thunderbolt 3.
|Connector From||Thunderbolt (Male)|
|Connector To||DisplayPort (Female)|
|Total Weight||93 g|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
Date Issued: 12th Sep 2017
Personal Computers (PCs) connect up to peripherals and displays through myriad of cabling. Some of those names and standards will be familiar to you, such as USB or HDMI, others may not, and these can include standards such as Thunderbolt and DisplayPort. The purpose of this TekSpek is to illuminate and educate users into the different types of cables and standards used in the PC ecosystem.