Thunderbolt 3 Dual-4K Laptop Docking Station - Mac and Windows
StarTech.com Thunderbolt 3 Dual-4K Docking Station for Laptops, Mac/Windows, Thunderbolt 3 Dock for MacBook Pro, USB 3.0
|Instalment Rate:||14.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£197.99|
|Total inc. interest:||£206.12|
|Instalment Rate:||14.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£197.99|
|Total inc. interest:||£213.27|
Purchase Rate: 17.9% p.a. (variable)
Representative: 17.9% APR (variable)
Assumed Credit Limit: £1,200Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply.
This cost-effective Thunderbolt™ 3 dock (without full Power Delivery) is designed for users with Thunderbolt 3 port equipped MacBook Pro or Windows® based laptops who require port expansion, but already have a way to charge their laptop. Plus, the dock supports dual monitors, so you can easily connect two 4K Ultra HD displays (one DisplayPort and one Thunderbolt 3 USB-C™ port), or a single Thunderbolt 3 display (60Hz). This docking station can deliver up to 15W of power for slow charging any MacBook Pro, should it be required.
Merging performance with simplicity, this high-quality dock is a single-cable solution that caters to creative professionals such as video producers, graphic and web designers, engineers, architects, and many more.
Finish your work faster with Thunderbolt 3
You can quickly integrate the dock into your workspace and boost your productivity. With up to 40Gbps of throughput, you can add extra displays to your laptop, access files faster, and reduce waiting, so you can accomplish more in the same amount of time.
Thunderbolt 3 is the fastest connection available, and it supports multiple video channels and data, without impacting system performance. It’s easy to access and edit large uncompressed files such as videos and images on the fly.
Multitask at the highest resolution
If you need a larger, higher-resolution viewing area, this dock can help. You can connect two 4K Ultra HD displays, so it’s perfect for anyone working with high-bandwidth or graphics-intensive content.
The Thunderbolt 3 dock supports two 4K (3840 x 2160p or 4096 x 2160p) monitors through the DisplayPort and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port (USB-C video adapter might be required). For dual monitors, simply connect your DP monitor, and a second monitor through the dock’s extra Thunderbolt 3 port using an adapter such as the USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter Cable (CDP2DPMM1MB - sold separately) or using a USB-C based monitor. The Thunderbolt dock will also work with legacy displays such as VGA monitors when coupled with a USB-C to VGA adapter.
With support for two 4K monitors, the Thunderbolt dock makes it easier to multitask when you’re working with high-definition video or other complex work.
Connect your peripherals using only a single cable
Using the single Thunderbolt 3 cable (included) and a single port on your laptop, you can transform your macOS Sierra (or later) or Windows® 7 (or later) laptop into a full-size workstation with access to new and legacy technologies through a number of different port types. The dock is ideal for virtually all Thunderbolt 3 equipped laptops, including the Apple MacBook Pro (2016) and the Dell™ XPS 13.
The Thunderbolt 3 docking station features two Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports for connecting to Thunderbolt devices and other peripherals that use the USB-C connector, as well as DisplayPort video output.
Convenient connections prepare you for the future
You can keep your mobile device charged and ready to go using the dock’s convenient, always-on USB fast-charge and sync port which supports USB Battery Charging Specification 1.2. The Thunderbolt 3 dock offers a variety of other connections that are often missing from port-limited laptops, such as an extra USB-C port (5Gbps - data only), and a Gigabit Ethernet port.
With three USB 3.0 ports in total, you have plenty of ports to connect modern and legacy devices. (USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1.) Now, you can rest assured knowing you’re ready for the current and next generation of universal connectivity.
The rear-panel DP and USB-C ports can be used with dual monitors that support lower resolutions, such as 4K at 30Hz or 1080p. StarTech.com offers a variety of USB-C video adapters, such as USB-C to HDMI and USB-C to VGA, which lets you connect a mixture of modern and legacy displays to the docking station. Features • Improve your workflow with single-cable docking and up to 40Gbps bandwidth — twice the speed of Thunderbolt 2 (20Gbps) and eight times faster than USB 3.0 (5Gbps).
• Supports dual-4K monitors, with 3840 x 2160p or 4096 x 2160p on each display.
• Connects to your laptop’s Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port, so you can access multiple displays and peripherals.
• Thunderbolt Certified and includes a Thunderbolt 3 host cable (0.5 m).
• Includes three USB 3.0 ports (USB-C, 2x USB-A), two Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports, 3.5mm audio out, 3.5mm microphone in, and Gigabit Ethernet.
• Fast charge your phone or tablet with the always-on USB 3.0 fast-charge and sync port.
• Works with macOS Sierra (or later), as well as Windows 7 (or later).
• The perfect docking station for the MacBook Pro, with support for macOS Sierra (or later).
• A vital accessory for your Thunderbolt 3 equipped laptop.
• Ideal for creative professionals and those who work with high-resolution, high-bandwidth, and graphically intensive images, video, CAD drawings, and medical imagery.
• Recommended for video producers, graphic and web designers, engineers, architects, and more.
• Access and edit large, uncompressed files such as videos and images on the fly, for dynamic on-site production.
• Transfer a 4K movie in under 30 seconds, or 3 hours of 4K GoPro® video in less than a minute.
• Edit 4K video on one display, with a full-size video preview on the second 4K display.
• Dock and undock quickly, with a single cable for data and external displays.
• 4K Support: Yes
• Bus Type: Thunderbolt 3
• Chipset ID:
- Intel - Alpine Ridge DSL6540
- Fresco - FL1100EX
- Texas Instruments - PCM2912A
- Intel - WGI210AT
- Texas Instruments - TPS65983
• Displays Supported: 2
• Fast-Charge Port(s): Yes
• Industry Standards:
- Thunderbolt 3
- USB Battery Charging Specification Rev. 1.2
- IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
- USB 3.0 - Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1
• Auto MDIX: Yes
• Compatible Networks: 10/100/1000 Mbps
• Full Duplex Support: Yes
• Maximum Data Transfer Rate
- 40 Gbps (Thunderbolt 3)
- 10 Gbps (USB 3.1 Gen 2)
- 5 Gbps (USB 3.0)
- 2 Gbps (Ethernet; Full-Duplex)
• Maximum Digital Resolutions:
- Single display - DisplayPort - 4096 x 2160p / 3840 x 2160p
- Single Display - Thunderbolt 3 USB-C - 4096 x 2160p / 3840 x 2160p
- Dual displays - DisplayPort 4096 x 2160p / 3840 x 2160p and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C - 4096 x 2160p / 3840 x 2160p
• Type and Rate: Thunderbolt 3 - 40 Gbit/s
• UASP Support: Yes
• Connector Type(s):
- 2 - Thunderbolt™ 3 USB-C (24-pin) Female
- 1 - DisplayPort (20 pin) Female
- 1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 Female
- 1 - USB 3.0 A (Fast-Charge, 9 pin, SuperSpeed) Female
- 1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female
- 2 - 3.5 mm Mini-Jack (3 Position) Female
- 1 - RJ-45 Female
• OS Compatibility:
- Windows® 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- macOS 10.12 - 10.13
Special Notes / Requirements
• Note: This docking station does not provide full power delivery but will provide 15W of power, resulting in a slow charge to some laptops, such as MacBook Pro (2016). When the dock is connected to your host laptop, a charging icon may appear on your laptop's screen. This is only sufficient enough to charge your laptop in sleep state, and charging will require an extended time period.
5K support can only be achieved using a Thunderbolt 3 5K monitor. DisplayPort 5K monitors will not work with this docking station.
A 4K-capable display is required to achieve 4K x 2K resolution (4K is also known as 4K x 2K).
Certain monitors may be limited to 4K at 30Hz when connecting through DisplayPort. These monitors include the following models: Dell P2715Q, Viewsonic VX2475Smhl-4K, Philips 288P6LJEB, LG 31MU97C-B, Asus PB287Q (these models will need to be set to 4K at 30Hz).
When connecting a display to one of the Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports, a USB-C video adapter might be required depending on the input of your display.
USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1; this connectivity standard offers speeds up to 5Gbps. USB 3.1 Gen 2 offers speeds up to 10Gbps.
• System and Cable Requirements: Thunderbolt 3 equipped computer with a Thunderbolt 3 port.
• Center Tip Polarity: Positive
• Input Current: 1.5 A
• Input Voltage: 100 ~ 240 AC
• Output Current: 6 A
• Output Voltage: 12 DC
• Plug Type: N
• Power Consumption (In Watts): 72
• Power Delivery: 15W (MacBook Pro only)
• Power Source: AC Adapter Included
• Humidity: 5~95% RH (Non-condensing)
• Operating Temperature: 5°C to 40°C (41°F to 104°F)
• Storage Temperature: -40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
• Cable Length: 520 mm [20.5 in]
• Colour: Gray and Black
• Enclosure Type: Aluminum and Plastic
• Product Height: 27 mm [1.1 in]
• Product Length: 220 mm [8.7 in]
• Product Weight: 452 g [16 oz]
• Product Width: 80 mm [3.1 in]
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months