Thunderbolt 3 Dual-4K Docking Station for Laptops - Mac and Windows - 85W Power Delivery
StarTech.com Thunderbolt 3 Dual-4K Docking Station for Laptops - Mac and Windows - 85W Power Delivery
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
With dual-monitor support, the dock makes it easy to connect two 4K Ultra HD displays (one DisplayPort and one Thunderbolt 3 USB-C™ port), or a single Thunderbolt 3 display (60Hz). For a dual DisplayPort monitor solution right out of the box, a USB-C to DisplayPort cable (with an extended length of 6 ft./1.8 m) is included, for connecting a second DisplayPort monitor to the Thunderbolt 3 port.
Plenty of Power, With Support for USB Power Delivery
This Thunderbolt 3 docking station comes with a 170W power adapter for powering and charging (up to 85W) your Windows laptop or MacBook Pro, while simultaneously powering all of the peripheral devices that are connected to the dock. This eliminates the need to use two separate power adapters for your laptop and the docking station, which minimizes the clutter around your workstation.
Finish Your Work Faster with Thunderbolt 3
Thunderbolt 3 is the fastest connection available, and it supports multiple video channels, data, and power without impacting system performance. With up to 40Gbps of throughput, you can add extra displays to your laptop, access files faster, and reduce waiting, so you can accomplish more in the same amount of time.
Multitask at The Highest Resolution
If you need a larger, higher-resolution viewing area, this dock can help. You can connect two 4K Ultra HD displays, so it's perfect for working with high-bandwidth or graphics-intensive content.
The Thunderbolt 3 dock supports two 4K (3840 x 2160p or 4096 x 2160p) monitors through the DisplayPort and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port (a USB-C video adapter might be required depending on monitor). For dual monitors, simply connect your first DP monitor through the dock's DisplayPort, and a second monitor through the dock's extra Thunderbolt 3 port using the included USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter Cable or to a USB-C based monitor. The Thunderbolt dock will also work with legacy displays, such as VGA monitors, when coupled with a USB-C to VGA adapter or DP to VGA adapter.
With support for two 4K monitors, the Thunderbolt dock makes it easier to multitask when you're working with high-definition video or other complex work. Single 5K resolution is supported on 5K capable Thunderbolt 3 monitors through the Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port only.
Connect All of Your Peripherals Using Only a Single Cable
Using the single included Thunderbolt 3 cable and a single port on your laptop, you can transform your macOS Sierra (or later) or Windows® 7 (or later) laptop into a full-size workstation with access to new and legacy technologies through a number of different port types. The dock is ideal for virtually all Thunderbolt 3 equipped laptops such as the Dell™ XPS 13, Dell XPS 15, and the Apple MacBook Pro 13 and 15.
The Thunderbolt 3 docking station features two Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports for connecting to Thunderbolt devices and other peripherals that use the USB-C connector, as well as DisplayPort video output.
Convenient Connections Prepare You for The Future
You can keep your mobile device charged and ready to go using the dock's always-on USB fast-charge and sync port, which supports USB Battery Charging Specification 1.2. The Thunderbolt 3 dock offers a variety of other connections that are often missing from port-limited laptops, such as an extra USB-C port (5Gbps - data only) and a Gigabit Ethernet port.
With three USB 3.0 ports in total, you have plenty of ports to connect modern and legacy devices. (USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1.) Now, you can rest assured knowing you're ready for the current and next generation of universal connectivity.
The rear-panel DP and USB-C ports can be used with dual monitors that support lower resolutions, such as 4K at 30Hz or 1080p. StarTech.com offers a variety of USB-C video adapters, such as USB-C to HDMI and USB-C to VGA, which lets you connect a mixture of modern and legacy displays to the docking station.
• The perfect docking station for the MacBook Pro, with support for macOS Sierra (or later) and Power Delivery.
• A vital accessory for your Thunderbolt 3 equipped laptop.
• Ideal for creative professionals and those who work with high-resolution, high-bandwidth, and graphically intensive images, video, CAD drawings, and medical imagery.
• Recommended for video producers, graphic and web designers, engineers, architects, and more.
• Access and edit large, uncompressed files such as videos and images on the fly, for dynamic on-site production.
• Transfer a 4K movie in under 30 seconds, or 3 hours of 4K GoPro® video in less than a minute.
• Edit 4K video on one display, with a full-size video preview on the second 4K display.
• Dock and undock quickly, with a single cable for data, power, and external displays. Features • Supports USB Power Delivery 2.0 and includes a 170W power adapter to power and charge (up to 85W) your MacBook Pro or Windows-based laptop, and power your peripheral devices.
• Improve your workflow with single-cable docking and up to 40Gbps bandwidth - twice the speed of Thunderbolt 2 (20Gbps) and eight times faster than USB 3.0 (5Gbps).
• Supports dual-4K monitors, with 3840 x 2160p or 4096 x 2160p on each display.
• Connects to your laptop's Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port, so you can access multiple displays and peripherals.
• Thunderbolt Certified and includes a Thunderbolt 3 host cable (0.5 m).
• Includes three USB 3.0 ports (USB-C, 2x USB-A), two Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports, 3.5 mm audio out, 3.5 mm microphone in, and Gigabit Ethernet.
• Fast charge your phone or tablet with the always-on USB 3.0 fast-charge and sync port.
• Works with macOS Sierra (or later), as well as Windows 7 (or later).
• 4K Support: Yes
• Bus Type: Thunderbolt 3
• Chipset ID:
- Intel - Alpine Ridge DSL6540
- Fresco - FL1100EX
- Texas Instruments - PCM2912A
- Intel - WGI210AT
• Displays Supported: 2
• Fast-Charge Port(s): Yes
• Industry Standards:
- Thunderbolt 3
- USB Battery Charging Specification Rev. 1.2
- IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
- USB 3.0 - Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1
• Auto MDIX: Yes
• Compatible Networks: 10/100/1000 Mbps
• Full Duplex Support: Yes
• Maximum Data Transfer Rate:
- 40 Gbps (Thunderbolt 3)
- 10 Gbps (USB 3.1 Gen 2)
- 5 Gbps (USB 3.0)
- 2 Gbps (Ethernet; Full-Duplex)
• Maximum Digital Resolutions:
- Single display - DisplayPort - 4096 x 2160p / 3840 x 2160p
- Single Display - Thunderbolt 3 USB-C - 4096 x 2160p / 3840 x 2160p
- Dual displays - DisplayPort 4096 x 2160p / 3840 x 2160p and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C - 4096 x 2160p / 3840 x 2160p
• Type and Rate: Thunderbolt 3 - 40 Gbit/s
• UASP Support: Yes
• Connector Type(s):
- 2 - Thunderbolt™ 3 USB-C (24-pin) Female
- 1 - DisplayPort (20 pin) Female
- 1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 Female
- 1 - USB 3.0 A (Fast-Charge, 9 pin, SuperSpeed) Female
- 1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female
- 2 - 3.5 mm Mini-Jack (3 Position) Female
- 1 - RJ-45 Female
• OS Compatibility:
- Windows® 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- macOS 10.12 - 10.13
• Special Notes / Requirements:
A 4K-capable display is required to achieve 4K x 2K resolution (4K is also known as 4K x 2K).
Certain monitors may be limited to 4K at 30Hz when connecting through DisplayPort. These monitors include the following models: Dell P2715Q, Viewsonic VX2475Smhl-4K, Philips 288P6LJEB, LG 31MU97C-B, Asus PB287Q (these models will need to be set to 4K at 30Hz).
When connecting a display to one of the Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports, a USB-C video adapter might be required depending on the input of your display.
USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1; this connectivity standard offers speeds up to 5Gbps. USB 3.1 Gen 2 offers speeds up to 10Gbps.
• System and Cable Requirements:
- Thunderbolt 3 equipped computer with a Thunderbolt 3 port.
- Your laptop's Thunderbolt 3 port must support USB Power Delivery 2.0 in order to power and charge your laptop.
• Input Current: 2.5 A
• Input Voltage: 100 ~ 240 AC
• Output Current: 8.5 A
• Output Voltage: 20V DC
• Plug Type: CP (OD:7.4/ID:5.1/CPD:0.6)
• Power Consumption (In Watts): 170
• Power Source: AC Adapter Included
• Humidity: 5~95% RH (Non-condensing)
• Operating Temperature: 5°C to 40°C (41°F to 104°F)
• Storage Temperature: -40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
• Cable Length: 520 mm [20.5 in]
• Colour: Gray and Black
• Enclosure Type: Aluminum and Plastic
• Product Height: 27 mm [1.1 in]
• Product Length: 220 mm [8.7 in]
• Product Weight: 474 g [16.7 oz]
• Product Width: 80 mm [3.1 in]
• Shipping (Package) Weight: 1.6 kg [3.4 lb]
What's in the Box
• Included in Package:
- 1 - docking station
- 1 - 1.7 ft. [520 mm] Thunderbolt 3 cable
- 1 - 6 ft. [1.8 m] USB-C to DP cable
- 1 - universal power adapter
- 2 - power cords (EU, UK)
- 1 - instruction manual
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- 0800 169 0408