2 Port PCI-E 16C950 Serial Card from StarTech.com
StarTech.com 2 Port PCI-Express 16C950 Serial Card, For Self Service Kiosks, POS Applications, Serial Devices, ATMs
By DPD On 19th Oct 2018
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
The adapter card is based on a native single chip design, that allows you to harness the full capability of PCI Express (PCIe) - providing optimum reliability and speed while reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional (bridge chip) serial cards.
The RS232 Serial Adapter Card is compatible with a broad range of operating systems, including Windows® and Linux (Kernel 2.6.11 and up).
Plus, the adapter card includes an optional half-height/low profile bracket that allows the card to be installed in virtually any computer case – making it that much easier to add serial ports to a PCI Express enabled computer, regardless of the size of the computer case.
• Self service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers
• POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles
• Bank teller workstations in either full profile or low profile versions to control their serial devices such as cash drawers, card readers / card swipes, printers, keypads / pinpads, pen pads
• Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc.
• Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc. Features • Two high speed RS-232 serial ports with data transfer rate up to 460.8 Kbps.
• Compliant with PCI Express base specifications revision 1.0a.
• Includes half-height/low profile mounting bracket.
• Selectable power output on pin 9 for the serial port.
• Native single-Chip, single lane PCI Express.
• High Performance Dual Channel Oxford 950 UART.
• 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver.
• Automated in-band software flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions.
• Automated out-of-band hardware flow control using Tx/Rx/RTS/CTS/DSR/DTR/DCD/RI/GND.
|Connectivity||2 x RS232|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 2nd Jul 2008
Serial ATA, or SATA, is a relatively new storage technology that is now being adopted in computers. It is the successor to Parallel ATA. SATA allows for faster transfers between the hard disk and the system, uses thinner cables and is easier to physically install
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.