The PEX2S952 PCI Express based serial card turns a PCI Express slot into 2 RS-232 (DB9) serial connections.
The adapter card is based on a native single chip design, that allows you to harness the full capability of PCI Express (PCIe) - providing optimum reliability and speed while reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional (bridge chip) serial cards.
The RS232 Serial Adapter Card is compatible with a broad range of operating systems, including Windows® and Linux (Kernel 2.6.11 and up).
Plus, the adapter card includes an optional half-height/low profile bracket that allows the card to be installed in virtually any computer case – making it that much easier to add serial ports to a PCI Express enabled computer, regardless of the size of the computer case.
• Self service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers
• POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles
• Bank teller workstations in either full profile or low profile versions to control their serial devices such as cash drawers, card readers / card swipes, printers, keypads / pinpads, pen pads
• Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc.
• Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc.
• Two high speed RS-232 serial ports with data transfer rate up to 460.8 Kbps.
• Compliant with PCI Express base specifications revision 1.0a.
• Includes half-height/low profile mounting bracket.
• Selectable power output on pin 9 for the serial port.
• Native single-Chip, single lane PCI Express.
• High Performance Dual Channel Oxford 950 UART.
• 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver.
• Automated in-band software flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions.
• Automated out-of-band hardware flow control using Tx/Rx/RTS/CTS/DSR/DTR/DCD/RI/GND.
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as StarTech.com 2 Port PCI-Express 16C950 Serial Card, For Self Service Kiosks, POS Applications, Serial Devices, ATMs . Please choose from the list below.