USB to RS-232 30cm serial adapter cable from StarTech.com
StarTech.com 1 Port Professional USB to RS-232 30cm Serial Adapter, COM Retention, Monitor And Control Sensory Equipment
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
This innovative adapter offers a professional grade solution for connecting legacy or industrial RS232 serial devices to more modern computers, or computers with unused USB ports – perfect for connecting serial modems, barcode scanners or any device with serial sync through USB, eliminating the expense of upgrading the serial peripheral for USB compatibility.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
• Perfect for IT Administrators looking to add legacy functionality to newer notebooks, PCs and servers that lack an integrated RS232 port.
• Connect, monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment.
• Connect bar code scanners, receipt printers and other point of sale devices.
• Connect a satellite receiver, serial modem, or PDA with serial sync.
• Connect and program LED and Digital signage boards with serial communication port. Features • USB to Straight-Through RS232 Serial Adapter.
• COM Port assignments maintained across reboot.
• Single cable design for portability.
• Baud Rate up to 230 Kbps.
• Powered by an available USB port - no external power adapter required.
• Designed to make serial port expansion quick and easy.
• Provides dual buffers for upstream and downstream data transfer.
• Supports automatic handshake mode.
• Enables and disables enumerations.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 2nd Jul 2008
Serial ATA, or SATA, is a relatively new storage technology that is now being adopted in computers. It is the successor to Parallel ATA. SATA allows for faster transfers between the hard disk and the system, uses thinner cables and is easier to physically install
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.