StarTech USB-C Dual-Monitor Docking Station 4K & MST Hub
StarTech USB-C Dual-Monitor Docking Station 4K MST with Power Delivery Ethernet/HDMI/Audio 2x USB3
|Instalment Rate:||14.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£142.99|
|Total inc. interest:||£148.88|
|Instalment Rate:||14.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£142.99|
|Total inc. interest:||£154.02|
Purchase Rate: 17.9% p.a. (variable)
Representative: 17.9% APR (variable)
Assumed Credit Limit: £1,200Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply.
Here’s a must-have accessory for your USB-C™ equipped laptop. This dual-monitor docking station is one of the first to integrate the next-generation USB-C host connector, so you can easily power and charge your laptop through its USB Type-C™ port. Plus, because it supports MST, you can connect dual monitors through a single USB-C cable. (For a dual-monitor configuration the host laptop must support MST).
With power delivery, MST, dual video (DV), or 4K Ultra HD support, this innovative docking station caters to a range of users, such as IT administrators, designers and animators.
Connect just one adapter to power the dock and your laptop
USB-C is here. It’s the future of universal connectivity, and many new laptops and tablets already feature USB Type-C ports. This versatile laptop dock capitalizes on the full potential of USB Type-C, which simultaneously transfers power, video, and data.
This docking station supports USB Power Delivery (up to a maximum of 60 watts), so you can power and charge your laptop directly through its USB-C port. Because a single power adapter can be used for your dock and laptop, you can reduce clutter at your workstation. Plus, you don’t need to carry or remember an extra power adapter when you’re traveling to or from the office.
Typical USB Type-A docks restrict video and data to 5Gbps shared bandwidth. This USB Type-C dock allocates data and video traffic separately, so extra bandwidth can be diverted to a particular video or data function, as needed. The USB-C laptop dock offers optimal performance when using multiple monitors and peripherals, so you can get more work done in less time.
Enjoy dual-monitor video output
This versatile dock lets you easily connect dual monitors. With more monitors, you can multitask and increase productivity, by eliminating the hassle of flipping between several open windows.
For dual video, simply connect your 1920 x 1200p DisplayPort and HDMI monitors.
Easily connect a 4K display through USB-C
The USB-C laptop dock features a DisplayPort and an HDMI port, giving you the flexibility to connect your displays as needed. It supports dual monitors or a single high-resolution 4K monitor.
For extra screen space, this dock offers support for the higher 4096 x 2160p resolution, unlike traditional 4K docking stations that only support 3840 x 2160p.
For 4K output, you can connect:
• A 4K HDMI display at 4096 x 2160p resolution and 24Hz
• A 4K DisplayPort display at 3840 x 2160p resolution and 30Hz
Everything you need to create a full-sized workstation
This full-featured universal docking station offers the ports you need to create a full-sized workstation, including four USB 3.0 ports (including a fast charge-and-sync port and a USB-C port), plus Gigabit Ethernet, audio, and microphone connections.
Unlike some proprietary docking stations designed only to work with specific laptop models, this universal laptop dock works with multiple brands. All you need is a laptop’s USB-C port that supports DP alt mode and USB Power Delivery, and you can be up and running quickly. With universal support, you can use this dock with different laptops now, or in the future.
• Ensure your laptop’s drivers, firmware, and operating system are up to date prior to using the docking station.
• Video output capabilities are dependent on the video card and hardware specification of your connected laptop. Certain video cards have limited MST support, while some monitors will also limit the available resolution.
• Not all USB-C ports support the full functionality of the USB Type-C standard. Ensure that your laptop USB-C port supports DP alt mode, as well as USB Power Delivery.
• Not all Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports support the full functionality of the Thunderbolt 3 standard. Ensure that your laptop Thunderbolt 3 port supports USB Power Delivery.
• Mac OS does not support MST. Features • Take advantage of USB-C with PD and deliver power to your laptop (up to 60-watts) through a single USB Type-C port
• Connect multiple displays through your laptop’s USB-C port, with support for MST (multi-stream transport) technology
• Versatile display possibilities, supports dual monitors (DisplayPort and HDMI), a single 4K HDMI display (4096 x 2160p - 24Hz), or a single 4K DP display (3840 x 2160p - 30Hz)
• 4K Support: Yes
• Bus Type:USB-C
• Chipset ID:
- Cypress - CYPD1122-40 (USB Power Delivery)
- MegaChips - STDP4320 (DisplayPort with MST)
- MegaChips - MCDP2850 (HDMI)
- Cypress - CYUSB3328-88LTXC (USB 3.0 with charge)
- Cypress - CYUSB3610-68LTXC (LAN)
- Texas Instruments - PCM2912APJT (Audio)
• Displays Supported:2
• Fast-Charge Port(s):Yes
• Industry Standards:
- USB Power Delivery Specification Rev. 2.0
- USB Battery Charging Specification Rev. 1.2
- DisplayPort 1.2 with MST
- IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
- USB 3.0 - Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1
• Auto MDIX:Yes
• Compatible Networks:10/100/1000 Mbps
• Full Duplex Support:Yes
• Maximum Data Transfer Rate:5 Gbps (USB 3.0), 2 Gbps (Ethernet; Full-Duplex)
• Maximum Digital Resolutions:
- Single display - DisplayPort - 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz
- Single Display - HDMI - 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz
- Dual displays - DisplayPort or HDMI - 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz
• Type and Rate:USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s
• UASP Support:Yes
• OS Compatibility:
- Windows® 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Mac OS 10.10 to 10.12*
- Chrome OS™
*Chrome and Mac OS do not support MST
Special Notes / Requirements
Not all USB-C ports support the full functionality of the USB Type-C standard. Ensure that your host USB-C port supports USB Power Delivery 2.0 and DP alt mode.
If you are connecting multiple DisplayPort monitors in a daisy chain through the dock's DisplayPort connection, the monitors must support DisplayPort 1.2 and MST
USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1; this connectivity standard offers speeds up to 5Gbps
A 4K-capable DisplayPort or HDMI display is required to achieve 4Kx2K resolution
Video output capabilities are dependent on the video card and hardware specifications of your connected host laptop. Certain video cards have limited MST or video support, while some monitors will also limit the available resolution.
For a dual-monitor configuration the host laptop must support MST
• System and Cable Requirements: A host laptop with an available USB-C port (to ensure full adapter functionality, the host USB-C port must support USB Power Delivery 2.0 and DP alt mode)
• LED Indicators:
- 1 - Power (Green)
- 1 - RJ45 Link (Green/Amber)
- 1 - RJ45 Activity (Yellow)
• Center Tip Polarity: Positive
• Input Current: 1.5 A
• Input Voltage: 100 ~ 240 AC
• Output Current: 4.5 A
• Output Voltage: 20V DC
• Plug Type: N
• Power Consumption (In Watts): 90
• Power Delivery: 60W
• Power Source: AC Adapter Included
• Humidity:5%~95% RH (Non-condensing)
• Operating Temperature :5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)
• Storage Temperature:-40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
• Enclosure Type:Plastic
• Product Height:28 mm [1.1 in]
• Product Length:210 mm [8.3 in]
• Product Weight:133 g [4.7 oz]
• Product Width:90 mm [3.5 in]
• Shipping (Package) Weight:1000 g [35.3 oz]
What's in the Box:
• Included in Package:
- 1 - USB-C docking station for laptops
- 1 - USB-C host cable
- 1 - universal power adapter
- 4 - power cords (NA/UK/EU/AU)
- 1 - quick-start guide
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months