Adapter for headsets with separate headphone/microphone Plugs
StarTech.com MUYHSMFFADW 3.5mm 4 Position to 2x 3 Position 3.5mm, Headset Splitter Adapter, White
By DPD On 18th Jan 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Have you recently purchased a newer laptop or Ultrabook and now you can’t figure out where to plug in your favorite headset?
Most new laptops and Ultrabooks come equipped with a single 3.5mm 4-position (4pin) audio port that supports both audio input and output. A great number of headsets on the market come equipped with two separate headphone and microphone connectors that are not compatible with this new configuration.
The MUYHSMFFADW white headset adapter features two 3.5mm 3-position ports that provide a separate headphone and microphone connection that can be connected to the single audio port on your laptop. Alternatively, you can also connect a separate microphone and powered speakers if you prefer to use Skype or chat online without using a headset.
Simply connect the headphone plug from your headset into the audio output port marked with the headphone symbol, and connect the microphone plug into the audio input port marked with the microphone symbol. Plug the adapter into the audio port on your laptop and you’re all set.
Microphone and Powered Speaker Connectivity
Want to work or game without using a headset?
You can also connect a microphone and powered speakers to your laptop using the adapter. Just plug in your microphone into the audio input port marked with the microphone symbol, and plug your powered speakers into the audio output port marked with the headphone symbol, and connect the adapter to the audio port on your laptop.
Keep in touch while you travel
Are you travelling for work or taking a trip?
The headset adapter features a compact and sturdy design that makes it the perfect solution for mobile applications.
Tuck the adapter in with your tablet or slip it inside another carrying case. It works great with tablets and smartphones that have a single audio port. Just connect the headphone and microphone plugs from your headset into the adapter, connect the adapter to your mobile device and start talking.
This adapter is not a headphone splitter or Y-cable. It cannot be used to split the audio output to two separate sets of headphones or speakers.
Some laptops and mobile devices will not work with all external microphones. This is typically caused by an impedance mismatch between the microphone and the device. This is due to hardware incompatibility and is not a limitation of the MUYHSMFFADW adapter.
The StarTech.com Advantage
• Turns a 3.5mm combo headphone/microphone port into two distinct ports – one 3.5mm headphone jack and one 3.5mm microphone port.
• Allows the use of older audio accessories with newer computers. Features • Compact design for maximum portability - a great solution to have on hand in your laptop bag.
• Lightweight, yet sturdy design that can easily be plugged in when required.
• Headset not included.
• Connect a headset equipped with separate headphone and microphone plugs to the audio port on your laptop.
• Connect an external microphone and powered speakers to the audio port on your laptop.
• Connect a headset equipped with separate headphone and microphone plugs to the audio port on your phone or tablet.
• Cable Jacket Type: PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride
• Connector Plating: Nickel
• Connector A: 1 - 3.5 mm Mini-Jack (4 Position) Male
• Connector B: 2 - 3.5 mm Mini-Jack (3 Position) Female
Special Notes / Requirements
• Note: 3.5 mm Mini-Jack (4 position) male is configured per CTIA Standard
• Cable Length: 152.4 mm [6 in]
• Colour: White
• Connector Style: Straight
• Product Height: 11 mm [0.4 in]
• Product Length: 152.4 mm [6 in]
• Product Weight: 11 g [0.4 oz]
• Product Width: 25 mm [1 in]
• Wire Gauge: 28 AWG
|Total Weight||11 g|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months