StarTech Secure HDD/SSD Disk Drive Eraser Dock for 2.5" or 3.5" drives
StarTech Drive Eraser and Dock for 2.5"/3.5" SATA SSD/HDD, USB 3.0 and RS232 Port for printable erasure confirmation
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
The eraser dock also gives you a single-bay dock for your SATA drive with fast USB 3.0 performance, also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gbps).
Industry-recognized erase modes
Using industry-recognized erase modes, you can rest assured that the standalone eraser securely cleans, erases or sanitizes the data from your 2.5” or 3.5” SSD or HDD.
The eraser dock supports nine erase modes including Quick Erase, Single and Multi-pass Overwrites, Custom Erase, Secure Erase and Enhanced Secure Erase. The Multi-pass Overwrite (3-Pass Full Disk Overwrite) erase procedures meet the requirements of DoD (5220.22-M) standards.
Wipe sensitive data securely, confirmed with a printed receipt
The eraser dock lets you connect to an RS232 serial printer to print a record of the erase procedure and confirm that the erase has been successfully completed. This feature is ideal for IT technicians, system administrators or any departments needing confirmation when erasing sensitive or confidential information. For your reference, the printed receipt clearly shows you the time and date of erase, as well as the erase mode used.
Easy drive management and wide compatibility
For IT technicians or business professionals who need to check files or test different hard drives, the dock lets you hot-swap drives in and out as needed. The dock features a single SATA bay with a top-loading design for easy access to your drives, which makes it easy to quickly back-up or transfer data to a hard drive or solid-state drive.
With support for SATA I and II and large capacity drives (tested up to 6TB), this docking station is compatible with virtually any 2.5” and 3.5” SATA SSD or HDD drive.
The eraser dock also works with 2.5” and 3.5” IDE hard drives, mSATA drives and M.2 drives using a compatible StarTech.com adapter:
• IDE hard drives: Use StarTech.com adapter SAT2IDEADP SATA to 2.5in or 3.5in IDE Hard Drive Adapter for HDD Docks
• mSATA drives: Use StarTech.com adapter SAT32MSAT257 mSATA SSD to 2.5in SATA Adapter Converter
• M.2 drives: Use StarTech.com adapter SAT32M225 M.2 NGFF SSD to 2.5in SATA Adapter Converter
Hassle-free set-up and a compact design
The eraser dock is OS independent, which ensures a quick and easy setup. Its compact design and small footprint allows it to tuck easily into your workspace.
• IT technicians and business professionals who wish to quickly and securely erase data to repurpose SSDs or HDDs.
• System administrators, IT professionals and business administrators who need quick access to drives.
• IT technicians who regularly test or benchmark different hard drives and need to swap between them. Features • Supports all 2.5” and 3.5” SATA HDD and SSD drives.
• Also supports 2.5” and 3.5” IDE hard drives, mSATA drives and M.2 drives, using a compatible StarTech.com adapter.
• TAA compliant.
• 9 modes of erase including: Quick and Secure Erase, Single Pass Overwrite and Multi-pass Overwrites - meets DoD (5220.22-M) standards.
• Supports SATA I and II.
• Plug-and-play installation.
• Supports drive hot-swapping.
• Built-in LCD display and menu navigation buttons.
• Power and activity LED.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months