8 Port 1U Rackmount USB PS/2 KVM Switch with OSD from StarTech.com
The KVM switch offers maximum control, allowing you to switch computers using hotkey commands or front panel push-buttons, and offers the added convenience of an On Screen Display to quickly access configuration options.
A suitable addition to server room operations, the 8 port switch can be rack-mounted into 1U of cabinet space, and can be cascaded with multiple KVM switches to deliver control of up to 56 computers from this single switch.
• Add single console administration to your Co-location/ISP facility saving you time and money.
• Create a scalable, streamlined access solution in your Datacenter or Server Farm.
• Perfect for manufacturing line computer control, simplifying access to multiple systems.
• Great for PC test/burn-in computer control saving the desk space required for multiple monitors, keyboards and mice. Features • Connect USB and PS/2 based computer systems.
• OS independent – No software or drivers required.
• Auto-scan function cycles through computers sequentially.
• Cascade configuration expands system capability.
• Front panel push-buttons and Hot-key functions allow for easy switching.
• On Screen Display (OSD) supports naming connected computers.
• USB & PS2 console interfaces for keyboard and mouse.
• OSD security option allows selected PCs to be password protected from unauthorized use.
• Rugged, all-metal 1U chassis for use in harsh environments and space-saving cabinets.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
Now shipping with all but the cheapest complete PCs are LCD monitors. Advances in display manufacturing and associated cost reductions with economies of scale have brought LCD monitors into the mainstream, shipping with budget systems that start at just £400. LCD monitors come in all shapes and sizes, have differing resolutions and inputs. The purpose of this TekSpek is to provide a basic understanding of how LCDs work, delineate their desirable features, and to offer basic buying advice.