4 Port PCI Express USB 3.0 Expansion Card from StarTech.com
Enhanced with UASP support (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this USB 3.0 controller performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP supported enclosure (Note: UASP requires a compatible operating system). Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP technology optimizes transfers by allowing multiple commands to be processed simultaneously, significantly increasing transfer speeds for less wait time on data transfers. See our UASP test results below for further details.
The card uses a "stacked" port layout that places the ports one on top of the other, enabling all four USB 3.0 ports to be external facing, while still allowing the card to fit into a small form factor/low profile computer system using the included low profile bracket.
Plus, with a built-in SATA power connector, each USB port can provide up to 900mA of power to devices that draw power from a host bus connection (500mA for USB 2.0) by connecting to your computer power supply.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows® 8, Server 2012 and Linux kernel 2.6.3 or later. In testing UASP performed with up to a 70% faster read / 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing, UASP also showed up to an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Test results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, StarTech.com add-on USB 3.0 cards, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
• Upgrade an older PCIe-based system with USB 3.0 connectivity, to fully utilize USB 3.0 devices
• Expand a system's USB capabilities with four additional external USB ports, for connecting additional external hard drives, CD/DVD drives, MP3 players, printers, scanners, webcams, game controllers, digital cameras, etc. Features • 4 external USB 3.0 ports in a stacked layout
• UASP support for more efficient data transfer
• Fully compliant with USB 3.0 revision 1.0 specifications and Intel xHCI rev0.95 specifications
• Built-in optional SATA power connector for bus-powered USB devices
• Optionally provides up to 900mA per USB port
• Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.0/1.1 devices
• Compliant with PCI Express 2.0 specifications
• Includes a Low Profile/half-height installation bracket
|External Connectors||4 x USB 3.0|
|Power Connector||1 x SATA Power|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
Date Issued: 29th Jun 2010
USB 3.0, also known as SuperSpeed USB, is a buzzword you might have seen popping up repeatedly over the last 12 months or so. In this guide, we'll explain what it is, what it does, and what it could mean for you as the consumer.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
A motherboard’s main job is to act as a conduit between the various hardware elements that make up a PC. It needs to be able to link the desired CPU(s), system memory, graphics card, hard drive(s), and add-in cards and enable them to work in harmony.