The PEXUSB3S4V PCI Express USB 3.0 Card (with SATA Power) adds 4 external USB 3.0 ports to any PCI Express-enabled computer system with support for data rates up to 5 Gbps, while remaining backward compatible with USB 2.0 / 1.x devices.
Enhanced with UASP support (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this USB 3.0 controller performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP supported enclosure (Note: UASP requires a compatible operating system). Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP technology optimizes transfers by allowing multiple commands to be processed simultaneously, significantly increasing transfer speeds for less wait time on data transfers. See our UASP test results below for further details.
The card uses a "stacked" port layout that places the ports one on top of the other, enabling all four USB 3.0 ports to be external facing, while still allowing the card to fit into a small form factor/low profile computer system using the included low profile bracket.
Plus, with a built-in SATA power connector, each USB port can provide up to 900mA of power to devices that draw power from a host bus connection (500mA for USB 2.0) by connecting to your computer power supply.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows® 8, Server 2012 and Linux kernel 2.6.3 or later. In testing UASP performed with up to a 70% faster read / 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing, UASP also showed up to an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Test results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, StarTech.com add-on USB 3.0 cards, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
• Upgrade an older PCIe-based system with USB 3.0 connectivity, to fully utilize USB 3.0 devices
• Expand a system's USB capabilities with four additional external USB ports, for connecting additional external hard drives, CD/DVD drives, MP3 players, printers, scanners, webcams, game controllers, digital cameras, etc.
• 4 external USB 3.0 ports in a stacked layout
• UASP support for more efficient data transfer
• Fully compliant with USB 3.0 revision 1.0 specifications and Intel xHCI rev0.95 specifications
• Built-in optional SATA power connector for bus-powered USB devices
• Optionally provides up to 900mA per USB port
• Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.0/1.1 devices
• Compliant with PCI Express 2.0 specifications
• Includes a Low Profile/half-height installation bracket
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as StarTech 4 Port PCI Express USB 3.0 Card, Each USB port can provide up to 900mA of power . Please choose from the list below.