The 2 port RS232 serial card is easy to install and configure, with support for a broad range of Windows® operating systems. Plus, the card features IRQ sharing and supports plug and play serial device connections, guaranteeing convenient, hassle-free installation.
• Manufacturing (CNC machinery, process control equipment, bar code scanners, serial printers)
• POS (credit/debit card readers, receipt printers, bar code scanners, cash registers, scales)
• Consumer (modems, PDAs, digital cameras, printers)
• Security (UPS control, access key panels, video cameras, card readers, modems)
• Casino (video lottery terminals, slot machines)
• Environmental Control (lighting, temperature, clocks)
• Healthcare (patient monitoring equipment, nurses' stations, modems)
• Hotel Front Desk (serial printers, bar code scanners, keyboard, mouse, receipt printer, credit/debit card reader)
• Hospitality/Restaurant (credit card/debit card reader, serial printers)
• ISDN Networking Features • Dual Channel 16C950 UART - fully compatible with 16C550 type devices
• Maximum data transfer rate of 460 Kbps
• Standard profile bracket installed, optional low-profile brackets included
• PCI Express 1x card, compatible with 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x bus
• 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver
• Automated in-band software flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions
• Automated out-of-band hardware flow control using RTS / CTS and/or DSR / DTR
• PCI 2.2 and PCI Power Management 1.0 compliant
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 2nd Jul 2008
Serial ATA, or SATA, is a relatively new storage technology that is now being adopted in computers. It is the successor to Parallel ATA. SATA allows for faster transfers between the hard disk and the system, uses thinner cables and is easier to physically install
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.