StarTech.com 1m/3ft 1 Port USB 2.0 to Serial RS-232 Adapter Cable (chip on USB) - M/M
1m/3ft StarTech.com Single Port USB 2.0 Type-A to Serial RS-232 Adapter Cable, Male to Male, Converter Chip on USB, Blue
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Add an RS232 Serial Port to Your Laptop or Desktop Computer Through USB
The ICUSB232SM3 1m/3ft USB to Serial Adapter Cable lets you connect DB9 RS232 serial devices to your Mac® or PC laptop or desktop computer through an available USB port, as though the computer offered an onboard DB9M connector.
Built-in Coverter Chip
Unlike typical USB to serial converter cables where the conversion takes place at the DB9 end, the StarTech.com ICUSB232SM3 features a converter chip on the USB end. Converting at the USB source overcomes the 15ft. technical limit of USB cables, allowing for a much greater serial DB-9 extension cable (50ft.+ is possible depending on the application) if necessary.
Simple to install and use, this USB to Serial adapter is a cost-effective solution that bridges the compatibility gap between modern computers and legacy serial peripherals.
• Perfect for IT Administrators looking to add legacy functionality to newer notebooks, PCs and servers that lack an integrated RS232 port.
• Connect, monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment.
• Connect bar code scanners, receipt printers and other point of sale devices.
The StarTech.com Advantage
• The converter chip on the USB end of the cable allows extension of the DB9 serial over much greater distances than USB extension.
• Drawing power from the USB bus saves the hassle of carrying an external power adapter for this add-on serial port.
• Extensive list of compatible operating systems makes this device perfect for almost any RS232 application.
• Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
• No external power needed - draws power from the USB connection.
• Thin, lightweight design.
• Compatible with modems, printers, bar code scanners, servers, PDUs, and nearly any serial RS232 equipment.
• Easy to setup and install.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- 0800 169 0408
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 2nd Jul 2008
Serial ATA, or SATA, is a relatively new storage technology that is now being adopted in computers. It is the successor to Parallel ATA. SATA allows for faster transfers between the hard disk and the system, uses thinner cables and is easier to physically install
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.