The ICUSB232SM3 3ft USB to Serial Adapter Cable lets you connect DB9 RS232 serial devices to your Mac® or PC laptop or desktop computer through an available USB port, as though the computer offered an onboard DB9M connector.
Unlike typical USB to serial converter cables where the conversion takes place at the DB9 end, the StarTech.com ICUSB232SM3 features a converter chip on the USB end. Converting at the USB source overcomes the 15ft. technical limit of USB cables, allowing for a much greater serial DB-9 extension cable (50ft.+ is possible depending on the application) if necessary.
Simple to install and use, this USB to Serial adapter is a cost-effective solution that bridges the compatibility gap between modern computers and legacy serial peripherals.
• Perfect for IT Administrators looking to add legacy functionality to newer notebooks, PCs and servers that lack an integrated RS232 port
• Connect, monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment
• Connect bar code scanners, receipt printers and other point of sale devices
• Connect a satellite receiver, serial modem, or PDA with serial sync
• Supports serial data transfer rates of up to 1 Mbps
• No external power needed - draws power from the USB connection
• Thin, lightweight design
• Compatible with modems, printers, bar code scanners, servers, PDUs, and nearly any serial RS232 equipment
• Easy to setup and install
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as StarTech 1 Port USB to Serial RS-232 Adapter Cable, Chip on USB . Please choose from the list below.